Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So i started playing persona 3 FES

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

So i started playing persona 3 FES Empty
PostSubject: So i started playing persona 3 FES   So i started playing persona 3 FES Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 9:53 am

ok i'll admit the game intrigues me

but like seriously when am i gonna get to play feels like i been playing an hour or two and barely dones a thing, i'm about to go tartarus well i think they just mentioned it

this definitely isn't as captivating as nocturne, i also preferred the visual style of nocturne, not saying this game has bad graphics i do like the presentation just nocturne appeared to convey a darker mood in general

currently the school system seems to be working though i'm kinda wondering if random obscure quetions are gonna feel like work, i'll probably just nap through everything to skip all this crap soon

also is akihikoi gaara he sounds a lot like him
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net

PostSubject: Re: So i started playing persona 3 FES   So i started playing persona 3 FES Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 1:20 pm

Aki has his VA.

Anyway, it takes a long time to get started. Which is strange because in Persona 2 you pick up real quick.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: So i started playing persona 3 FES   So i started playing persona 3 FES Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 11:34 pm

SLEEPING IN SCHOOL ISN'T COOL

HARHARHARHARHARHARHARHARHARHARHARHARHARHARHARHARV
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: So i started playing persona 3 FES   So i started playing persona 3 FES Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 10:16 am

i got up to midterma

this game still feels fairly shitty

there don't seem to be much XP got from dungeons either -_-
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: So i started playing persona 3 FES   So i started playing persona 3 FES Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 6:07 pm

Persona 4 was a slow burner too, you spend the first four hours just watching cutscenes and pressing X a lot to skip through dialogue.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: So i started playing persona 3 FES   So i started playing persona 3 FES Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 6:13 pm

Not to mention dealing with Yosuke's bullshit throughout the entire game, Rise being an abundance of annoyance, Human Teddie made me want to smash his head in with a bat, and Shinjiro will always be better than Kanji.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: So i started playing persona 3 FES   So i started playing persona 3 FES Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 6:19 pm

I didn't mind Yosuke, but Rise was laid on a little thick, and I agree about human Teddie. That said, thus far I haven't really enjoyed DDS1 as much as P4. When does DDS get going?
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: So i started playing persona 3 FES   So i started playing persona 3 FES Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 6:28 pm

Quote :
When does DDS get going?

When Sera starts playing more of a role.

IE Wait for the Black Dude to Kidnap her. Shit starts getting real and more intense.

And plus the plot twist that crosses into the next game will kick you in the ass and make you its bitch.

Quote :
I didn't mind Yosuke

I did. All the fucker did was push everyone's buttons and try to piss them off. He kept being a dick about Kanji's preferences, kept provoking Chie into a reaction, fanboyed over Rise, kept treating Teddie like shit, stole the show from you (The protagonist), made jabs at Naoto,...fuck the only one he was nice to was Nanako.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: So i started playing persona 3 FES   So i started playing persona 3 FES Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 6:52 pm

Jotaro Kujo wrote:
When Sera starts playing more of a role. IE Wait for the Black Dude to Kidnap her. Shit starts getting real and more intense.

Ah, I'm there now, just entered the theme park at Co-ordinate 136 or whatever it was.

Quote :
And plus the plot twist that crosses into the next game will kick you in the ass and make you its bitch.

If you mean Nirvana being a shit heap, then I already know that it's on the back of the box for DDS2. If you mean something else, then don't tell me, let me find out!

Quote :
He kept being a dick about Kanji's preferences,

Meh. He was just teasing.

Quote :
kept provoking Chie into a reaction

She did the same to him. They were portrayed as Lovers squabbles.

Quote :
fanboyed over Rise

So did everyone who wasn't MC.

Quote :
kept treating Teddie like shit

Human Teddie deserved every bit of it. You know this to be true.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: So i started playing persona 3 FES   So i started playing persona 3 FES Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 7:23 pm

Quote :
Meh. He was just teasing.

He knows that Kanji is still pissed about that. Even if he was teasing it doesn't matter because Kanji still feels serious about that.

Quote :
She did the same to him. They were portrayed as Lovers squabbles.

Why does everyone assume this is a lovers quarrel? There's no real hint shown that Chie even has an interest in Yosuke. And Yosuke isn't even interested in her that much, he's shown much more interest in other girls.

Quote :
So did everyone who wasn't MC.

Cause Kanji tota-No wait, he didn't. Yukiko and Chie- No wait, they didn't either. Tedd- Oh wait he didn't know a damn thing about her.

Yeah, everyone did.

Quote :
Human Teddie deserved every bit of it. You know this to be true.

From other people, sure. Yosuke isn't the one who should be giving shit to others because he's the main offender in this game. He uses Saki's death as an excuse to play hero, is a dick to everyone, has most of the script to himself, spends 10 S. Links making me think he's actually watching out for me when he wasn't, and not to mention taking charge in every fucking situation DESPITE BEING THE LACKY and then whining to the enemy like he's allowed to.

I don't think so.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: So i started playing persona 3 FES   So i started playing persona 3 FES Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 7:25 pm

Quote :
If you mean Nirvana being a shit heap, then I
already know that it's on the back of the box for DDS2. If you mean
something else, then don't tell me, let me find out!

Oh trust me, it's definitely something else.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: So i started playing persona 3 FES   So i started playing persona 3 FES Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 6:25 pm

Just finished DDS.

So, uh, what was the twist? The story never seemed to get going, and most events could be seen coming a mile off.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: So i started playing persona 3 FES   So i started playing persona 3 FES Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 6:32 pm

SimianWonder wrote:
Just finished DDS.

So, uh, what was the twist? The story never seemed to get going, and most events could be seen coming a mile off.

Next game.

It's a two part game, dude.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: So i started playing persona 3 FES   So i started playing persona 3 FES Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 6:58 pm

Quote :

Bah, I thought there'd be some huge end of game pay off. If I'm honest, I thought P4 was far superior to DDS. I'm not sure if I can be arsed to do all the extra stuff in DDS, or if I should go straight to DDS2...?
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: So i started playing persona 3 FES   So i started playing persona 3 FES Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 8:04 pm

SimianWonder wrote:
Quote :

Bah, I thought there'd be some huge end of game pay off. If I'm honest, I thought P4 was far superior to DDS. I'm not sure if I can be arsed to do all the extra stuff in DDS, or if I should go straight to DDS2...?

Just go straight to DDS2. The secret boss in DDS will make you tear your hair out in frustration.

And P4 is inferior to DDS beyond all belief. It's a two-part game, everything is resolved in the second part, comes full circle, is explained, and the plot twist is genuinely unique.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: So i started playing persona 3 FES   So i started playing persona 3 FES Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 9:04 pm

Given what I've seen so far, I find it very hard to believe that DDS2 will manage to equal P4, let alone be far superior to it, though I'll reserve judgement until I've finished the game.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: So i started playing persona 3 FES   So i started playing persona 3 FES Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 12:09 am

Quote :
I find it very hard to believe that DDS2 will manage to equal P4

This coming from the same guy who thinks that Persona 4's story was good.

It's hard to see why you would like DDS if you liked Persona 4's story that much.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: So i started playing persona 3 FES   So i started playing persona 3 FES Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 9:32 am

It wasn't the story of P4 tha tI liked so much as it was the mechanics of the game. The S Links gave you a genuine understanding of the characters, and the story was told in such a way that it became rather compulsive. DDS never managed the same.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: So i started playing persona 3 FES   So i started playing persona 3 FES Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 2:06 pm

SimianWonder wrote:
It wasn't the story of P4 tha tI liked so much as it was the mechanics of the game. The S Links gave you a genuine understanding of the characters, and the story was told in such a way that it became rather compulsive.

The S. Links only turned the game into a fucking Dating Sim with RPG elements and it broke up an already generic story. While they do give better understanding of characters, the story suffers for it and because of that the game is pretty much nothing more than a dating sim with RPG elements. The story was anything but compulsive because it was broken up every month SCHOOL STUFF, S. LINKS, LEVELING UP, AND OTHER BULLSHIT THIS GAME DIDN'T NEED TO BE FILLED WITH.

DDS keeps the twists unique, most of the characters are likeable, the Main Character has an actual presence, you learn to like the characters no matter how assholish they are (Heat), the story is actually very consistent, the difficulty is actually difficult, and the story isn't broken up by nonsensical bullshit.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: So i started playing persona 3 FES   So i started playing persona 3 FES Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 4:03 pm

I'm about five hours into DDS2, and it's already a far better game than DDS1. The seting is more vibrant, less dull, and the story already seems more intriguing than DDS managed in it's entire length.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: So i started playing persona 3 FES   So i started playing persona 3 FES Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 4:23 pm

SimianWonder wrote:
I'm about five hours into DDS2, and it's already a far better game than DDS1. The seting is more vibrant, less dull, and the story already seems more intriguing than DDS managed in it's entire length.

Like I said, it's a two part game. Not a sequel, but the fact is like I said most of the plot threads are resolved in DDS2 and the Plot Twist will kick your ass around like a cheap drum.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: So i started playing persona 3 FES   So i started playing persona 3 FES Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 4:47 pm

It feels a little lame having to start the mantra grid over. It may be a two part game, but no one part game would ever strip you of everything in the middle would it?
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: So i started playing persona 3 FES   So i started playing persona 3 FES Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 4:50 pm

SimianWonder wrote:
It feels a little lame having to start the mantra grid over. It may be a two part game, but no one part game would ever strip you of everything in the middle would it?

HAHAHA, YOU OBVIOUSLY HAVEN'T PLAYED .HACK.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So i started playing persona 3 FES   So i started playing persona 3 FES Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 5:07 pm

Teh Rei wrote:
SimianWonder wrote:

HAHAHA, HE OBVIOUSLY HAS GOOD TASTE.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: So i started playing persona 3 FES   So i started playing persona 3 FES Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 5:14 pm

Vergil wrote:
Teh Rei wrote:
SimianWonder wrote:

HAHAHA, HE OBVIOUSLY HAS GOOD TASTE.

NO HE JUST ISN'T AS MUCH OF A DIPSHIT AS WE ARE.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So i started playing persona 3 FES   So i started playing persona 3 FES Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So i started playing persona 3 FES
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next