Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I like Death Note and all but...

Go down 
+5
A_Nonny_Moose
Kaede
Rockstar_Sinistar
Kimarous
Baal
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

I like Death Note and all but... Empty
PostSubject: I like Death Note and all but...   I like Death Note and all but... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 6:08 am

Why is it so popular?

THEY SPOIL THE ENTIRE SERIES IN THE FIRST CHAPTER.
Back to top Go down
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

PostSubject: Re: I like Death Note and all but...   I like Death Note and all but... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 6:26 am

What, with Ryuk saying he'll eventually kill Light?

At least it's better than the spoilerific adverts for the film "Quarantine". Seriously, they put the ending to the film on the FUCKING POSTER! That's the ending! They get dragged into the darkness and die!

Ryuk: "There is only one way we can end our curse. All the scattered pieces of the Aztec gold must be restored and the blood repaid. Thanks to ye, we have the final piece."
Light: "And the... blood to be repaid?"
Ryuk: "That's why there's no sense to be killin' ye... yet! Apple?"
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: I like Death Note and all but...   I like Death Note and all but... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 6:49 am

Kimarous wrote:
At least it's better than the spoilerific adverts for the film "Quarantine". Seriously, they put the ending to the film on the FUCKING POSTER! That's the ending! They get dragged into the darkness and die!

Seriously?! Shocked

*watches trailer* Well, That was a crap movie. What's next? XD
Back to top Go down
http://thepit.forumotion.com/
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: I like Death Note and all but...   I like Death Note and all but... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 11:41 am

Kimarous wrote:

Ryuk: "There is only one way we can end our curse. All the scattered pieces of the Aztec gold must be restored and the blood repaid. Thanks to ye, we have the final piece."

You told AniManga21 to put that in, rite?
Back to top Go down
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

PostSubject: Re: I like Death Note and all but...   I like Death Note and all but... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 1:40 pm

Kaede wrote:
Kimarous wrote:

You told AniManga21 to put that in, rite?
Yep. Smile
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: I like Death Note and all but...   I like Death Note and all but... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 2:47 pm

What?
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: I like Death Note and all but...   I like Death Note and all but... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 5:17 pm

www.youtube.ca/animanga21

Dude makes awesome videos, took a request from Kima once
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: I like Death Note and all but...   I like Death Note and all but... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 7:08 pm

I loved Death Note. Light was incredible.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: I like Death Note and all but...   I like Death Note and all but... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 7:58 pm

Kimarous wrote:

With it turning out that Light is Kira. That was the biggest spoiler and they spoiled it at the beginning of the fucking manga!
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: I like Death Note and all but...   I like Death Note and all but... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 8:47 pm

It was kinda the point, I think. Like Lelouch from Code Geass ( I think)
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: I like Death Note and all but...   I like Death Note and all but... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 9:42 pm

It only succeeded in pissing me off.

They have no idea who Kira is, and I'm sitting here like a jackass going "HE'S SITTING RIGHT NEXT TO YOU, YOU DUMB FUCKS! "

L should've been the Protagonist. And Kira's identity should've remained a mystery.

Because then this would've felt like a genuine mystery story
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: I like Death Note and all but...   I like Death Note and all but... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 11:01 pm

EXCELLA wrote:

I agree to an extent.

Volume 1 to 7 were incredible with L vs. Kira. After L's death it went incredibly downhill though. Mello and Near were completely uninteresting. It seemed Near was just a weirdo for the sake of being a weirdo. The last volume was great though. Light hit the nail on the head when he said that Near was inferior to L and would never be even close to his greatness. And Light's speech before he died was fantastic. He really seemed like he was being the good guy at that point. And Near saying he was nothing more than a mass murderer pissed me off. What also pissed me off was that a guy who played with toys was able to outwit the great Kira. Fucking bullshit. But the rest of that last volume was great.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: I like Death Note and all but...   I like Death Note and all but... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 11:14 pm

Light should have slapped that annoying homosexual kid to oblivion.
The only time he disappointed me was when he begged Ryuk and then how he spent the remaining seconds of his life simply crying without any pride left.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: I like Death Note and all but...   I like Death Note and all but... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 11:38 pm

EXCELLA wrote:
Light should have slapped that annoying homosexual kid to oblivion.
The only time he disappointed me was when he begged Ryuk and then how he spent the remaining seconds of his life simply crying without any pride left.

This is how dictator's are, without any support they are weak and hopeless. There is no pride among totalitarians, only fear. Light was ruling the world by fear, and karma bitchslapped him in the face in the form of Mello and Near.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: I like Death Note and all but...   I like Death Note and all but... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 11:43 pm

[quote="Rabitz"]
EXCELLA wrote:

I agree to an extent.

Quote :
Volume 1 to 7 were incredible with L vs. Kira. After L's death it went incredibly downhill though.

I agree. It got pretty fucking boring after L died.

Quote :
Mello and Near were completely uninteresting.

Well I liked Mello, but nothing was really special about him.

Quote :
It seemed Near was just a weirdo for the sake of being a weirdo.

THe creator wanted both of them to have a little L in them. So yeah they were gonna be weird.

Quote :
The last volume was great though. Light hit the nail on the head when he said that Near was inferior to L and would never be even close to his greatness.

Oh this speech was great.

Quote :
And Light's speech before he died was fantastic. He really seemed like he was being the good guy at that point. And Near saying he was nothing more than a mass murderer pissed me off.

Murder is murder, no matter how you look at it. Even if it's in the name of justice, no one deserves to die. Not even dictators. Live out your punishment, that's how we do it in our world. Light in general was nothing more than a mass murderer with a God Complex. He was doing it for his own selfish pride in the end, not for the good of humanity. That speech was nothing more than a bullshit talk trying to make himself seem like the hero.

Quote :
What also pissed me off was that a guy who played with toys was able to outwit the great Kira. Fucking bullshit

And a guy who played with his food and sat with his feet in a chair, didn't piss you off?
Back to top Go down
Mewmaster
You're lying Dammit!
Mewmaster

PostSubject: Re: I like Death Note and all but...   I like Death Note and all but... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 12:17 am

Yes, but L was actually likable
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: I like Death Note and all but...   I like Death Note and all but... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 12:47 am

Phoenix Wright wrote:
Yes, but L was actually likable

That doesn't change any circumstances.

Near may have been an unlikeable little prick, but he didn't something even more childish than playing with toys.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: I like Death Note and all but...   I like Death Note and all but... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 2:02 pm

He ate them too, me thinks
Back to top Go down
Maskull
Defending the Devil
Maskull

PostSubject: Re: I like Death Note and all but...   I like Death Note and all but... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 5:53 pm

Kaede wrote:
He ate them too, me thinks
almost every interesting character in this series had an odd eating habit, L with sweets, mello with chocolate, near with... his toys, and light with that DAMNED POTATO CHIP
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: I like Death Note and all but...   I like Death Note and all but... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 5:59 pm

Matsuda?
Back to top Go down
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

PostSubject: Re: I like Death Note and all but...   I like Death Note and all but... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 7:48 pm

Matsuda is a drunkard who falls off buildings. Razz

It's consuming a liquid rather than solid food, but still...
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: I like Death Note and all but...   I like Death Note and all but... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 7:49 pm

He eats crackers made of alchohol and crack
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: I like Death Note and all but...   I like Death Note and all but... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 8:37 pm

DevilKingBaal wrote:
And a guy who played with his food and sat with his feet in a chair, didn't piss you off?
I sit with my classy clothes on tables, while smoking with an air of a star, catching everyone's attention and by combining style with spontaneity and haughtiness with simplicity I succeed in flirting with the attractive girls every morning.
L knew what he was doing.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: I like Death Note and all but...   I like Death Note and all but... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 8:53 pm

EXCELLA wrote:

L knew what he was doing.

THIS

He knew Light was Kira all along
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: I like Death Note and all but...   I like Death Note and all but... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 9:22 pm

EXCELLA wrote:
DevilKingBaal wrote:
I sit with my classy clothes on tables, while smoking with an air of a star, catching everyone's attention and by combining style with spontaneity and haughtiness with simplicity I succeed in flirting with the attractive girls every morning.

Sitting on a table is different. Entirely different.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I like Death Note and all but...   I like Death Note and all but... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I like Death Note and all but...
Page 1 of 1