Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I feel in the mood for a fun hack 'n' slash game (that isn't DMC)

Go down 
+6
SimianWonder
Baal
Kimarous
Rockstar_Sinistar
Kaede
A_Nonny_Moose
10 posters
AuthorMessage
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

I feel in the mood for a fun hack 'n' slash game (that isn't DMC) Empty
PostSubject: I feel in the mood for a fun hack 'n' slash game (that isn't DMC)   I feel in the mood for a fun hack 'n' slash game (that isn't DMC) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 3:22 pm

And after some looking around, three games present themselves...

X-Blades, which I think just game out in the UK (noticed on the shelves at the store because the girl on the cover had her ass hanging out. Strange how that works). It looks okay. Simple, button-mashy fun with pretty graphics.

Afro Samurai, which is coming out in March over here. This looks quite good, although I've heard it's pretty short and has little replay value. However, Samuel L. Jackson.

And lastly, (and brace yourself, because it's a hell of a title) Oneechanbara: Bikini Samurai Squad (I think the US release was called Bikini Zombie Slayers). Saw this while browsing for upcoming releases, however it turns out it was released in Japan about 3 years ago, and looking at gameplay footage it does show. But, it's a budget title, and will probably be pretty cheap when it's released (which I think happens this weekend).

Anyone played any of these? Or can suggest other, similar titles? Baring in mind I said no DMC. I've played those already. Oh, and I'm looking for games available on the 360, obviously.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: I feel in the mood for a fun hack 'n' slash game (that isn't DMC)   I feel in the mood for a fun hack 'n' slash game (that isn't DMC) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 3:27 pm

Bikini Samurai Squad?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: I feel in the mood for a fun hack 'n' slash game (that isn't DMC)   I feel in the mood for a fun hack 'n' slash game (that isn't DMC) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 3:29 pm

Kaede wrote:
Bikini Samurai Squad?
I know right?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox360/image/929267.html?box=109983
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: I feel in the mood for a fun hack 'n' slash game (that isn't DMC)   I feel in the mood for a fun hack 'n' slash game (that isn't DMC) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 4:35 pm

It looks really sucky
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: I feel in the mood for a fun hack 'n' slash game (that isn't DMC)   I feel in the mood for a fun hack 'n' slash game (that isn't DMC) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 4:48 pm

Not totally. The main thing it has going for it is price though. I expect I'll end up getting Afro Samurai at some point, but it's a month away and I might not get it right away depending on how much it is. I'd like something to play until then.
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: I feel in the mood for a fun hack 'n' slash game (that isn't DMC)   I feel in the mood for a fun hack 'n' slash game (that isn't DMC) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 7:32 pm

A Hack n' Slash that isn't DMC?

Well, The ones I know for sure are PS2 games. (God of War, Chaos Legion, Nano Breaker, etc.)

But I think Heavenly Sword is a hack n' slash game. And it's a PS3 game.

Wait a sec, What system do you have?
Back to top Go down
http://thepit.forumotion.com/
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: I feel in the mood for a fun hack 'n' slash game (that isn't DMC)   I feel in the mood for a fun hack 'n' slash game (that isn't DMC) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 9:37 pm

ps2, psp and 360
Back to top Go down
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

PostSubject: Re: I feel in the mood for a fun hack 'n' slash game (that isn't DMC)   I feel in the mood for a fun hack 'n' slash game (that isn't DMC) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 10:10 pm

Rise of the Argonauts (360, PS3, PC) is fun... for me, at least. It fights like a hack-and-slash and has a cool way of levelling your character, although the actual combat portions are split 50/50 with dialogue segments.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: I feel in the mood for a fun hack 'n' slash game (that isn't DMC)   I feel in the mood for a fun hack 'n' slash game (that isn't DMC) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 10:12 pm

How about DMC3 or 4?

olol
Back to top Go down
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

PostSubject: Re: I feel in the mood for a fun hack 'n' slash game (that isn't DMC)   I feel in the mood for a fun hack 'n' slash game (that isn't DMC) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 10:42 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Not totally. The main thing it has going for it is price though. I expect I'll end up getting Afro Samurai at some point, but it's a month away and I might not get it right away depending on how much it is. I'd like something to play until then.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/reviews/568-Onechanbara-Bikini-Samurai-Squad

Hope you like that kind of thing... >_>
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: I feel in the mood for a fun hack 'n' slash game (that isn't DMC)   I feel in the mood for a fun hack 'n' slash game (that isn't DMC) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 11:46 pm

Hardly a glowing review, was it? That looks like the kind of thing you'd rent for a dumb weekend, not something you'd pay more than £30 to own.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: I feel in the mood for a fun hack 'n' slash game (that isn't DMC)   I feel in the mood for a fun hack 'n' slash game (that isn't DMC) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 11:53 pm