Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Resident Evil 5 Demo

Go down 
+5
A_Nonny_Moose
Baal
Golden Boy
AZZ666
SimianWonder
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Resident Evil 5 Demo - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 Demo   Resident Evil 5 Demo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 10:57 pm

Sorry for bumping an oldish topic, but I just played Dead Space again, and you CAN move and shoot in that. So Dead Space > RE5?
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 Demo   Resident Evil 5 Demo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 11:23 pm

Oh hell. I actually knew that move and shoot was possible in DS (it comes up daily on gamefaqs's RE5 boards), but I thought nobody would notice it if I tricked you. Mad
Not that it matters.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 Demo   Resident Evil 5 Demo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 11:35 am

Re5 Review:

Quote :
However, there are persistent problems throughout - none of the game breaking variety, but it's dispiriting nontheless. There are some plodding sections padding out later levels but when some of the so called set pieces fail to ignite you have problems. It's as though the game runs out of steam, or ideas, a few hours in and instead begins to recycly old favourites. Fair enough, but thsoe magic moments aren't quite recaptured. Cue some particularly unengaging enemy design, a lack of memorable boss fights and a damp squib of a finale. The result is a game that can feel a bit like a greatest hits record where the songs are performed by a cover band.

They also said:
Quote :

...a slight dip in quality for the legendary series.
Quote :
RE5 isn't as good as we'd hoped.

They finished it by saying;
Quote :

...still a brilliantly entertaining game, and the best action game to be released so far this year.

The final score was 87%, GamesMaster magazine issue #210.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 Demo   Resident Evil 5 Demo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 11:52 am

I've watched the complete version and I can't understand how "the steam is lost" later.
Earlier in the game you are in a village and some industrial site searching for a weapons dealer. Later, the enviroments are much more interesting, certain areas remind me of Tomb Raider, the 3 main antagonists and all the great secrets are revealed in the last chapters and the most interesting enemies appear only after that point. Not to mention that Majini stop being Asian and Jew and they are finally all black.

Also:

Empire 5/5

OPM 5/5

German GamePro 93%

OXM 9/10

Polish PSX EXTREME - 9/10

Spanish gaming magazine (can't remember name) 96/100

American Gamepro 4.5/5

Famitsu 9/10/910 38/40 (same score as RE4)
Back to top Go down
Maskull
Defending the Devil
Maskull

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 Demo   Resident Evil 5 Demo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 1:06 pm

DevilKingBaal wrote:
SimianWonder wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:
AND THUS A FRIENDSHIP WAS FORMED THAT WOULD LAST THE AGES

After all the beatings he gave me on SCIV, maybe I'll just shoot him in the back. Wink

DO EET
dont worry, simian. im getting the new street fighter AND i have SC4, so if you need a punching bag, just message me, my gamertag is 'Tobias Hemlock'

(or)

'myownninja' (im achievement-whoring for my sister, so its almost as much my account as it is hers)

just add both.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 Demo   Resident Evil 5 Demo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 2:28 pm

Both Chou and I have those games on PS3, so gamertags won't do much good!
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 Demo   Resident Evil 5 Demo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 2:33 pm

Quote :
Famitsu 9/10/910 38/40 (same score as RE4)

KH2 got 39/40.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 Demo   Resident Evil 5 Demo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 2:37 pm

And Nintendogs got 40. Yeaaah.
Back to top Go down
Maskull
Defending the Devil
Maskull

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 Demo   Resident Evil 5 Demo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 9:25 pm

SimianWonder wrote:
Both Chou and I have those games on PS3, so gamertags won't do much good!
i was only trying to be helpful Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 Demo   Resident Evil 5 Demo - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil 5 Demo
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3