Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Resident Evil VII

Go down 
+3
Zero
BlackChaosDragon
Eevil-Psycho
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

Resident Evil VII Empty
PostSubject: Resident Evil VII   Resident Evil VII Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 7:33 pm

I played the demo that's on the PS Store, it's not very eventful, but I really like this new take on the game. Great atmosphere, back to being more scary or creepy which is great imo.

Will probably pick it up after having skipped 6.

Back to top Go down
BlackChaosDragon
Evil God
BlackChaosDragon

Resident Evil VII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil VII   Resident Evil VII Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2016 6:34 pm

Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Zero
The Hero
Zero

Resident Evil VII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil VII   Resident Evil VII Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2016 3:17 am

BlackChaosDragon wrote:
I'll Just dump this here.
http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/resident_evil_7_biohazard/news/capcom_wants_to_be_the_worlds_no_1_games_developer.html

Ever the dreamer eh Capcom?

I wonder what they mean by that. Number 1 as in overall sales, popularity, etc?

Personally, I think they were the best third party developers in the late 90s and early 2000s and arguably made better games than even Nintendo at the time.
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
BlackChaosDragon
Evil God
BlackChaosDragon

Resident Evil VII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil VII   Resident Evil VII Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2016 6:31 pm

Zero wrote:

I wonder what they mean by that. Number 1 as in overall sales, popularity, etc?

Personally, I think they were the best third party developers in the late 90s and early 2000s and arguably made better games than even Nintendo at the time.

Im not too sure tbh. Its quite ambiguous, but I assume they just mean №1 overall In all positive catagories.

I have to agree with you there, If they had stated somthing like this way back when. Most people might have thought it possible. However as it stands right now they've gone past their prime, with only a few franchises generating them profits (and past games i.e RE4 on PS4). But we'll see how things roll with R.E 7.

Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Resident Evil VII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil VII   Resident Evil VII Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2016 11:18 pm

Lets see what they manage with DMC 5, if they return to form they likely will get a lot of positive feed back. There's also Deep Down which I was curious about. A successful RE7 reboot and the remake of RE2 will bring back a lot of fans if they are as good as peope hope they will be.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

Resident Evil VII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil VII   Resident Evil VII Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2017 6:45 pm

so this game is getting some great reviews, got it yesterday and I'm really loving it as well so far.

Also made it a case for myself to play the entire thing in VR, which so far is pretty damn awesome. And I apologise in advance if i'm gonna sound to too enthusiastic about it, but it really changes the entire athmosphere of the game when you're actually in there. Makes it much more creepy and scary.

It's really hard to explain to "non-believers" how good it can actually be, and how being in VR affects you. I'm taking everything at a slower pace, every time I round a corner i can literally peak my head around it to see what's on the other side, something you can't do if you're not in VR, aiming in VR is also simpler since you can just actually look at where you need to be shooting or swinging, way easier and more natural than using your thumbsticks.

But seriously, it's such a more profound experience, I've only had like 1 enemy encounter, but it was quite thrilling, it's this girl and she starts crawling up the stairs towards you, and before you know it, she's straight up in your face with a knife, which is like: WOW FUUUUUUCK, I can't imagine it giving the same feeling when you're just looking at it on a flat screen.

Anyways, great game so far, even if i'm only an hour in, really like the atmosphere, can't wait to play more it.
Back to top Go down
????
Butter Bomb

Resident Evil VII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil VII   Resident Evil VII Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2017 8:17 pm

So I haven't heard much about the game's story.

Is the story like semi-continuation of the original 6 games, a prequel or it is on like in full reboot mode.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

Resident Evil VII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil VII   Resident Evil VII Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2017 9:01 pm

It comes after 6, but it's with an entirely new protagonist. The Baker family that occupies the residence is also new. You get phonecalls with hints from time to time, and supposedly it's a known character from previous games, but i wouldn't have a clue other than that it's a female.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

Resident Evil VII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil VII   Resident Evil VII Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2017 11:56 am

Nah, the girl on the phone is a new character too. A returning character shows up in the ending, but most people speculate he's an imposter as he doesn't look or sound anything like he used to and
Spoiler:
The Not a Hero DLC will shed some light on his real identity.

Anyway, I really like the game. It's not as linear as RE4-6 and there's some exploration and backtracking to it. I find the lack of enemy variety and the story a bit disappointing though.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

Resident Evil VII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil VII   Resident Evil VII Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2017 12:38 pm

yeah, I really like it not being linear..I'm currently at the part, relatively early still, but I need to find the 3 dog heads to open the door.. But i've already gathered so much items, that I frequently need to take a trip back to that save room in the corridor to drop some off in the box. Good ol' resident evil feeling again of going back and forth for things.

I also love how you can find these videos that you can watch and then let you play little scenarios within the actual game, that's a neat touch. I did the Mia one where she gets chased by that lady...saw it before in a walkthrough though, so I know what was coming.

That fight in the garage with Jack was pretty fun too. Oh and that dinner scene, haha, that was great. Again, VR really playing tricks with your brains when he knifes you in the face, it feels so real sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

Resident Evil VII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil VII   Resident Evil VII Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2017 1:37 am

So, the DLC for this game is pretty good and it's worth buying (even though it should have been included with the main game).
- Bedroom: one long puzzle, pretty similar to the one in the "Happy Birthday" videotape, has some funny scenes.
- Nightmare: you fight waves of enemies and minibosses in the Bakers' basement while crafting guns, ammo and healing items.
- Ethan must die is simply amazing. You've to go through the entire house, which is filled with enemies and traps, to grab a key and then fight Marguerite in the greenhouse. Ethan starts with a knife, can only take 1 or 2 hits and the items he finds are randomized.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

Resident Evil VII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil VII   Resident Evil VII Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2017 6:00 pm

nice, gonna get it soon, still need to finish the main game.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

Resident Evil VII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil VII   Resident Evil VII Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2017 6:29 pm

Hmm, i thought the boat section was going to be the last one, but then the game surprises me and throws in another part in a mine. I must be pretty close to the end though, doubt it'll take much longer.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

Resident Evil VII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil VII   Resident Evil VII Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2017 1:40 pm

I chose Zoe because I didn't like Mia. The choice doesn't make much of a difference, but Zoe is definitely the wrong choice. Ending spoilers:

Spoiler:

You'd try the Madhouse difficulty next time. It's pretty intense. Otherwise, if you think it may be too hard, you'd do a speedrun on easy. Completing the game in under 4 hours unlocks the Chainsaw which is extremely OP. I don't really recommend using it though; itmakes the game pretty easy and boring. The unlockable items are:

- Albert handgun (complete the game)
- 2 items that reduce block damage (one for each ending)
- circular saw (under 4 hours)
- glasses that reveal items' location (under 4 hours)
- shoes for faster walking speed (destroy all Mr. Everywhere)
- infinite ammo (Madhouse difficulty)
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

Resident Evil VII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil VII   Resident Evil VII Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2017 6:28 pm

Fuck madhouse difficulty, mia has become an impossability of a bastard boss.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

Resident Evil VII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil VII   Resident Evil VII Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2017 6:09 pm

okay, finsihed it today..apparently all I had left was like another 20 minutes of play.

I also got the DLC, which is nice, don't really care for the nightmare thing, but the bedroom puzzle was pretty cool. haven't tried Ethan Must Die yet.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

Resident Evil VII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil VII   Resident Evil VII Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2017 12:52 pm

testtubebaby wrote:
Fuck madhouse difficulty, mia has become an impossability of a bastard boss.

This is actually one of hardest battles in Madhouse.

1. Go only for headshots.
2. You can block her charging attack and take no damage.
3. Close the doors behind you. You'll have time to reload your gun and get a few headshots as she destroys them.
4. If you hide in the room with the pistol, she will destroy the wall, then you can run in circles while she's chasing you.

The rest of the game isn't that bad (except for the parts where you've to fight the 4-legged molded, I really hate them!).

Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

Resident Evil VII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil VII   Resident Evil VII Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2017 1:04 pm

Also, after the garage fight, go straight to the basement
Spoiler:
There are less molded there in madhouse,
Spoiler:
and in the boiler room you'll find some gunpowder and a strong chemical. The boss isn't that bad if you use enhanced handgun ammo for the first phase and the chainsaw for the rest of the battle (if you hold L2 + R2 with the chainsaw, Ethan will automatically parry his attacks, just make sure to block whenever your chainsaw stops working).
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

Resident Evil VII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil VII   Resident Evil VII Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2017 4:01 am

Banned Footage vol. 2 just came out. Seems pretty good.

21 is basically Blackjack. Very Saw-like.
Daughters is akin to Bedroom; a long puzzle that takes place on the night Jack found Eveline.
Jack's birthday is... no words to describe this one.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

Resident Evil VII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil VII   Resident Evil VII Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2017 7:52 pm

oh sweet, kind of cool how fast they're coming out with new content.

will try this weekend.
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

Resident Evil VII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil VII   Resident Evil VII Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2017 3:36 pm

I finished madhouse difficulty the other day and bought the season pass, have to say there is a lot of replayable content on there. Ethan must die is stupidly hard and jacks birthday could well be the greatest thing ive ever seen.

21 was too easy, a lot of people are finding survival+ challenging but as long as you know how to add up to 21 (17,24,27 when using them cards) and you can use a little logic it becomes very easy, i took out all 10 players only losing 1 hand.

Daughters and bedroom was very short with no real reason to replay them as the puzzles dont change.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

Resident Evil VII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil VII   Resident Evil VII Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2017 11:53 am

Ethan must die is my favorite dlc so far. If I were to rank the dlcs:
Ethan Must Die > Jack's 55th Birthday > 21 > Bedroom > Daughters > Nightmare

Has anyone found the second lockpick in Daughters? When I died, one of the hints in the loading screen mentioned that there may be more than one lockpicks, but I was unable to find it. I'm kinda curious.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

Resident Evil VII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil VII   Resident Evil VII Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2017 12:03 pm

Also, definitive proof that Zoe is better than Mia:

Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

Resident Evil VII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil VII   Resident Evil VII Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2017 5:19 pm

Haven't finished Daughters yet, for some reason I alway get spotted by Marguerite when I run to the door to get back into the hall.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Resident Evil VII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil VII   Resident Evil VII Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil VII
Page 1 of 1