Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anti-Venom? What unholy bullshit is this?!

Go down 
+5
Mewmaster
Kaede
A_Nonny_Moose
Kimarous
Baal
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

Anti-Venom? What unholy bullshit is this?! Empty
PostSubject: Anti-Venom? What unholy bullshit is this?!   Anti-Venom? What unholy bullshit is this?! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 4:47 am

Anti-Venom? What unholy bullshit is this?! 200px-Antivenom

Quote :
While praying at a church, Brock is discovered by philanthropist Martin Li who is secretly Mister Negative. After Matt Murdock proves in a court of law that Brock was not responsible for his actions while bonded to the symbiote and has the charges dropped, Li gets Brock a job in his soup kitchen. A touch from Mr. Negative completely cures Eddie's cancer and the remnants of the Venom symbiote within his body bond to his white-blood-cells. Upon being assaulted by Mac Gargan, the Venom symbiote attempts to leave Gargan to re-bond with Brock. However, Brock's skin is caustic to his former symbiote, and as a white substance seeps out of his pores covering his body, Brock becomes Anti-Venom (also known as White-Venom). He engages Venom into a fight, and after receiving some help from Spider-Man, cures Gargan from the symbiote, but also feels some remnants of the symbiote inside Peter's blood and begins "curing" him as well, but also ends up sucking the radiation from Spider-Man's blood, something that may depower him. [21]

Later, Thunderbolts guards arrive to take the disabled Gargan to the ship while Songbird and Radioactive Man battle Spider-Man and Anti-Venom. After the fight, Anti-Venom sneaks on the Thunderbolts ship [22] and steals back Peter Parker's camera, looted by Norman Osborn in a bid to reverse-engineer the tracing system allowing the camera to zero on Spider-Man's chest. He is able to help Peter escape Osborn's tracer, and forewarn him about his next move, in a show of friendship and good-will.[23]

Anti-Venom then leads Spider-Man to Oscorp and the two split up. Brock disguises himself as Spider-Man to distract the other Thunderbolts while Spider-Man goes after Osborn. After webbing Songbird and Radioactive Man to a wall, Anti-Venom faces Gargan, who is now wearing a new Scorpion battlesuit to protect his recovering symbiote. After a grueling battle, Gargan, as Scorpion, hits Anti-Venom with his stinger and injects a poisonous formula that seemingly destroys Brock's suit. Gargan advances to kill Brock but is met with resistance by his Venom symbiote. The symbiote gains strength and breaks though Gargan's battlesuit, refusing to let Gargan kill Brock. Gargan explains that the suit still loves Brock too much and gives up, but he promises Brock that he will get past this problem and someday finish him off, to which Brock replies "not if I kill you first." Unknown to Gargan, Brock's Anti-Venom suit reforms. Now a fugitive for helping Spider-Man and fighting the Thunderbolts, Brock is back on the streets, planning to continue his former vigilante anti-hero career with seemingly increased religious emphasis as The Anti-Venom.[24]

...Why Marvel? Why did you do it?
Back to top Go down
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

PostSubject: Re: Anti-Venom? What unholy bullshit is this?!   Anti-Venom? What unholy bullshit is this?! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 4:55 am

Ever since One More Day, Spiderman has gone down the crapper...

Or as Marvel so aptly dubbed it:

"Character Assassination"
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Anti-Venom? What unholy bullshit is this?!   Anti-Venom? What unholy bullshit is this?! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 5:04 am

My favorite Marvel character, destroyed before my very eyes. Throughout my childhood I always looked forward to the Venom episodes of the Spider-Man series, and Unlimited Spider-Man, and reading the comic books. And the video games with him in it too. But all of that destroyed in an instant.

I could cry.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anti-Venom? What unholy bullshit is this?!   Anti-Venom? What unholy bullshit is this?! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 5:08 am

Venom sucked. From the synopsis you posted, Anti-Venom sounds awesome.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Anti-Venom? What unholy bullshit is this?!   Anti-Venom? What unholy bullshit is this?! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 5:11 am

Sarbud wrote:
Venom sucked. From the synopsis you posted, Anti-Venom sounds awesome.

YOU! BE QUIET!
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Anti-Venom? What unholy bullshit is this?!   Anti-Venom? What unholy bullshit is this?! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 5:38 am

Didn't this happen a while ago?
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Anti-Venom? What unholy bullshit is this?!   Anti-Venom? What unholy bullshit is this?! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 5:40 am

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:

I stopped reading Spider-Man after Peter went back in time thanks to Mephisto.

Now I check the Venom page once every 4 Months spontaneously.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Anti-Venom? What unholy bullshit is this?!   Anti-Venom? What unholy bullshit is this?! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 12:13 pm

What the hell!?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Anti-Venom? What unholy bullshit is this?!   Anti-Venom? What unholy bullshit is this?! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 1:37 pm

They were probably bored with Venom. It seems to be going around.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Anti-Venom? What unholy bullshit is this?!   Anti-Venom? What unholy bullshit is this?! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 1:58 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
They were probably bored with Venom. It seems to be going around.

I don't understand that last part. But there was nothing wrong with Edd Brock's Venom before.

Other than the fact that Brock is a devout christian.

Honestly out of all the different versions of Brock's Venom you've seen most of them are badass. Albeit Spider-Man 3's, but hell he only got 20 Minutes of Screen-Time. And now this bullshit?!
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Anti-Venom? What unholy bullshit is this?!   Anti-Venom? What unholy bullshit is this?! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 2:06 pm

People are bored with Venom.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Anti-Venom? What unholy bullshit is this?!   Anti-Venom? What unholy bullshit is this?! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 2:10 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
People are bored with Venom.

Asshole.
Back to top Go down
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

PostSubject: Re: Anti-Venom? What unholy bullshit is this?!   Anti-Venom? What unholy bullshit is this?! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 2:29 pm

DO THE MONKEY WITH ME!!!! wrote:
A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
I stopped reading Spider-Man after Peter went back in time thanks to Mephisto.
Yeah. "One More Day". Way too fuck up one of your most popular heroes, Marvel!
Back to top Go down
Mewmaster
You're lying Dammit!
Mewmaster

PostSubject: Re: Anti-Venom? What unholy bullshit is this?!   Anti-Venom? What unholy bullshit is this?! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 10:28 pm

Yeah seriously...
500+ comics of Web Slinging epicness, and Marvel decides, let's forget that 300 of those comics ever happened and start over!

Screw you Marvel, SCREW.YOU.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Anti-Venom? What unholy bullshit is this?!   Anti-Venom? What unholy bullshit is this?! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 5:18 pm

venom is the broly of spiderman
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

PostSubject: Re: Anti-Venom? What unholy bullshit is this?!   Anti-Venom? What unholy bullshit is this?! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 5:22 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
venom is the broly of spiderman
Looks like we've finally hit Bio-Broly then... >_>
Back to top Go down
Mewmaster
You're lying Dammit!
Mewmaster

PostSubject: Re: Anti-Venom? What unholy bullshit is this?!   Anti-Venom? What unholy bullshit is this?! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 8:41 pm

Atleast the design doesn't look TOO bad....
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Anti-Venom? What unholy bullshit is this?!   Anti-Venom? What unholy bullshit is this?! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 9:28 pm

Wouldn't Carnage be bio-Broli?
Back to top Go down
Maskull
Defending the Devil
Maskull

PostSubject: Re: Anti-Venom? What unholy bullshit is this?!   Anti-Venom? What unholy bullshit is this?! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 9:35 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Wouldn't Carnage be bio-Broli?
meh, i prefer venom-broly over carnage-broly.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Anti-Venom? What unholy bullshit is this?!   Anti-Venom? What unholy bullshit is this?! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 10:00 pm

Haters, all of you. Leave my presence.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Anti-Venom? What unholy bullshit is this?!   Anti-Venom? What unholy bullshit is this?! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 11:55 am

I really find the book enjoyable now
Anti-Venom is still Venom, just instead of the evil parasitic symbiote it's the remains of the symbiote in Eddie mixed with his white blood cells. IMO people really are exaggerating in hate for Anti-Venom

Venom rocks as "Eddie Brock", Scorpion rocks as Scorpion

BTW; Spider-Man didn't go back in time, all that changed is the marriage and with it gone the fact Pete & MJ had sex (and the organic web-shooters, and the extra powers Spider-Man gained)

Spider-Man is still my favorite fictional character
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Anti-Venom? What unholy bullshit is this?!   Anti-Venom? What unholy bullshit is this?! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 12:08 am

Oh man, what a little shit I was in this thread. This is what I get for reading Wikipedia entries and not bothering to read the actual stories.

I fucking love Anti-Venom, a great new image for Eddie.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Anti-Venom? What unholy bullshit is this?!   Anti-Venom? What unholy bullshit is this?! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 12:09 am

What's the general fan outlook for Anti-Venom these days?
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Anti-Venom? What unholy bullshit is this?!   Anti-Venom? What unholy bullshit is this?! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 12:26 am

Well, /co/ seems to genuinely love him but that's because it's Eddie Brock finally being a hero for once. I can't speak for other places but /co/ loves him.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Anti-Venom? What unholy bullshit is this?!   Anti-Venom? What unholy bullshit is this?! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 12:36 am

It'd be neat if he appeared in a future Spidey game. And he better do something awesome too, like when Mac Gargan Venom was using Gobby's glider in MUA2, that was just boss.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anti-Venom? What unholy bullshit is this?!   Anti-Venom? What unholy bullshit is this?! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anti-Venom? What unholy bullshit is this?!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next