Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

About this damned tower...

Go down 
+2
Baal
Golden Boy
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

About this damned tower... Empty
PostSubject: About this damned tower...   About this damned tower... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 10:56 am

Is there an easy way/strategy to advance through the penultimate ascending mission (floors: 57, 58 and 59)?
I so want to break the disc right now...
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: About this damned tower...   About this damned tower... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 11:04 am

Don't look at me. I'm in the 30's right now trying to get every chest as I go along. Fucking Just Impacts.
Back to top Go down
Maskull
Defending the Devil
Maskull

PostSubject: Re: About this damned tower...   About this damned tower... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 5:53 pm

im stuck at floor 11, i just cant beat fou super HP people with annoying battle styles with one character...
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: About this damned tower...   About this damned tower... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 6:00 pm

Well, the cheap way would to build some Astaroth CaS's with tons of health and attack, and spam the db+A and db+A[hold], B attacks. Cheap as hell, but it works pretty well. I haven't played the tower much (think I'm on f15 or so).
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: About this damned tower...   About this damned tower... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 6:05 pm

I'll try it out, but I doubt it'll work against them. It's lile battling Sophitia, Cassandra, Talim, Mitsurugi, Setsuka, Cervantes, Tira, Astaroth and Nightmare on Very Hard. They continuously use Just Impacts, Switch, Sidesteps, combinations of low and mid/high attacks, Guard Break moves...I've already wasted many hours trying.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: About this damned tower...   About this damned tower... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 6:08 pm

Oh you'll have to be clever about it of course. But Astaroth db+A sweep has great range. Use of one of those to knock them down when you see the chance, and then hit with the DB+A[hold], B until they break out of it.

That's also an incredibly easy way to get the achievement (for you 360 guys out there) for finishing Arcade mode with 450'000+ points.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: About this damned tower...   About this damned tower... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 6:52 pm

I use my custom characters. Right now I've got.

Baal: Yun-Seong's Style
Tiamat: Talim's Style
Lilith: Amy's Style
Devil Baal: Siegfried's Style
Micheal: Amy's Style (I gotta get rid of Lilith)
AngelMicheal: Nightmare's Style
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: About this damned tower...   About this damned tower... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 7:47 pm

As expected I failed (well, the fact that I don't know anything about Astaroth may has something to do with this Razz). For now I'll try building a Sophitia a Cas; she seems so broken.
Back to top Go down
Dirjel
CP9 Agent
Dirjel

PostSubject: Re: About this damned tower...   About this damned tower... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 7:48 pm

Siegfried is better.
Back to top Go down
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

PostSubject: Re: About this damned tower...   About this damned tower... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 8:24 pm

Tobi wrote:
im stuck at floor 11, i just cant beat fou super HP people with annoying battle styles with one character...
Take your favourite character and give them a custom setup that includes Health Drain. From my experience, it really helps.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: About this damned tower...   About this damned tower... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 8:25 pm

Which was Tower 11?
Back to top Go down
Dirjel
CP9 Agent
Dirjel

PostSubject: Re: About this damned tower...   About this damned tower... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 8:25 pm

Yeah, health drain is almost necessary for the tower.

It doesn't help much in normal fights, but when you have to fight 4:1 odds with a static HP bar, you really want to have it.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: About this damned tower...   About this damned tower... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 8:26 pm

Godot wrote:
Siegfried is better.
Huh, really?
Xan you make a quick unofficial based-on-your-experience tier sample list? Pleaaaaase. tongue
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: About this damned tower...   About this damned tower... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 8:28 pm

Which was Floor 11?! Was that the one were Angol Fear was the last enemy?
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: About this damned tower...   About this damned tower... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 8:28 pm

DevilKingBaal wrote:
Which was Floor 11?! Was that the one were Angol Fear was the last enemy?
Yes.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: About this damned tower...   About this damned tower... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 8:30 pm

You shitting me? That was one of the easiest ones! I used Baal and critical finished their asses!
Back to top Go down
Dirjel
CP9 Agent
Dirjel

PostSubject: Re: About this damned tower...   About this damned tower... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 8:45 pm

Tuxedo Mask wrote:
Godot wrote:
Siegfried is better.
Huh, really?
Xan you make a quick unofficial based-on-your-experience tier sample list? Pleaaaaase. tongue
I dunno. Siegfried is a beast. He has good reach, high damage, and a good mix of fast skills and tricksy high/low attacks. Plus, he has crouch grabs. Shit's sick.

Maxi is annoying as all hell, but he's hard to play. If you don't know the combos properly, he locks up a bunch, and is an easy target.

Yun-Seong is a bitch to fight (Thank you, Baal). He has fast, hard hitting attacks, but his reach is poor and he is pretty easy to read.

Mitsurugi CAN be good. Most people just spam one or two moves, though. He has a lot of tricky high/low attacks also, so it's hard to block a lot of times. His low hits tend to hurt a lot, which is unusual.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: About this damned tower...   About this damned tower... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 8:49 pm

Hey as long as long as I'm having fun I can kick your ass pretty easily with Baal.
Back to top Go down
Dirjel
CP9 Agent
Dirjel

PostSubject: Re: About this damned tower...   About this damned tower... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 8:50 pm

DevilKingBaal wrote:
Hey as long as long as I'm having fun I can kick your ass pretty easily with Baal.
No.

We're close to even, but I think I'm better.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: About this damned tower...   About this damned tower... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 9:37 pm

No I think I'm better.
Back to top Go down
Dirjel
CP9 Agent
Dirjel

PostSubject: Re: About this damned tower...   About this damned tower... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 10:14 pm

DevilKingBaal wrote:
No I think I'm better.
REMATCH!

...At least, I would, but I'm not with my PS3 until Friday >.<

But I'm pretty damn sure I'm better. A 10 win streak doesn't just "happen".

You started winning again near the end, but you weren't dominating me ever. Whenever I play a fighting game/shooter for a prolonged period of time, I start to get sloppy, and my performance goes down the drain.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: About this damned tower...   About this damned tower... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 10:15 pm

My performance went down the drain because I wasn't having fun.

No fun = Shitty Video Game Player
Back to top Go down
Dirjel
CP9 Agent
Dirjel

PostSubject: Re: About this damned tower...   About this damned tower... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 10:17 pm

Yeah, whatever.

I won more than you, and even at the end, it was always pretty close. I still won around half the battles.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: About this damned tower...   About this damned tower... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 10:20 pm

Don't hate me because I'm bootyful.
Back to top Go down
Dirjel
CP9 Agent
Dirjel

PostSubject: Re: About this damned tower...   About this damned tower... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 11:53 pm

DevilKingBaal wrote:
Don't hate me because I'm bootyful.
I can't help it. I'M SO JEALOUS!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: About this damned tower...   About this damned tower... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

About this damned tower...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next