Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Valkyrie Profile (for MT)

Go down 
+4
MetatronTorment
Dirjel
Estelle
Sam
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Sam
Ethereal Goddess
Sam

Valkyrie Profile (for MT) Empty
PostSubject: Valkyrie Profile (for MT)   Valkyrie Profile (for MT) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 3:12 am

This is for you, MT.

Don't just stare at your screen. Come and discuss.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/JudgementStar
Estelle
Skypiea Priest
Estelle

PostSubject: Re: Valkyrie Profile (for MT)   Valkyrie Profile (for MT) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 3:14 am

!

I had played VP2, but I found the battle system both tedious and boring. Which is sad because I tried really hard to like it.
Back to top Go down
Sam
Ethereal Goddess
Sam

PostSubject: Re: Valkyrie Profile (for MT)   Valkyrie Profile (for MT) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 3:18 am

Philia wrote:
!

I had played VP2, but I found the battle system both tedious and boring. Which is sad because I tried really hard to like it.

What did you not like? The moving or the gauge thing at the bottom. These are pretty much the only differences between VP 1 and 2.

Or did you not play VP 1?
Back to top Go down
Estelle
Skypiea Priest
Estelle

PostSubject: Re: Valkyrie Profile (for MT)   Valkyrie Profile (for MT) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 3:19 am

I was not fortunate enough to play VP1, but, I did not like the moving or gauge thing. AP is NOT good in VP.

NOT GOOD.
Back to top Go down
Sam
Ethereal Goddess
Sam

PostSubject: Re: Valkyrie Profile (for MT)   Valkyrie Profile (for MT) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 3:25 am

Yeah, i did not like the AP gauge either, because when you empty it you have almost no choice, but to run around the battlefield restoring it. Which will most likely end up with you eating enemy attacks.

It's not that big of a deal against regular enemies, but against some of the tougher bosses and the Seraphic Gate it can be fatal.
Back to top Go down
Estelle
Skypiea Priest
Estelle

PostSubject: Re: Valkyrie Profile (for MT)   Valkyrie Profile (for MT) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 3:34 am

It wasn't so much a problem until you fought bosses.

That and leveling up story characters takes away from all the Einherjar I want/need to level.
Back to top Go down
Dirjel
CP9 Agent
Dirjel

PostSubject: Re: Valkyrie Profile (for MT)   Valkyrie Profile (for MT) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 3:36 am

I've only played 1.

I didn't like it. It was too slow paced, nothing ever happened.

1. Watch boring cutscene
2. Recruit crappy einherjar
3. Go to repetitive dungeons
4. Grind to level einherjar
5. End day, ship off einherjar
6. Rinse and repeat! YAY!
Back to top Go down
Sam
Ethereal Goddess
Sam

PostSubject: Re: Valkyrie Profile (for MT)   Valkyrie Profile (for MT) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 3:39 am

Dirjel wrote:
I've only played 1.

1. Watch boring cutscene

When you describe it like that, of course no one is going to like it. You are entitled to your opinion, of course, but I don't have to agree.
Back to top Go down
Dirjel
CP9 Agent
Dirjel

PostSubject: Re: Valkyrie Profile (for MT)   Valkyrie Profile (for MT) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 3:40 am

Sariah Adele wrote:
Dirjel wrote:
I've only played 1.

1. Watch boring cutscene

When you describe it like that, of course no one is going to like it. You are entitled to your opinion, of course, but I don't have to agree.

Yes you do.

I am right.

Seriously, though, I dont' understand why people liked that game so much. It was probably good at the time, but it's just not a very good game now.
Back to top Go down
Estelle
Skypiea Priest
Estelle

PostSubject: Re: Valkyrie Profile (for MT)   Valkyrie Profile (for MT) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 3:46 am

VP has a spectacular story, however. I only played through half of VP2 and goddamn I was enthralled. It's just, </3 battle system sometimes.

That and I lost the disc.
Back to top Go down
Dirjel
CP9 Agent
Dirjel

PostSubject: Re: Valkyrie Profile (for MT)   Valkyrie Profile (for MT) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 3:50 am

Philia wrote:
VP has a spectacular story, however. I only played through half of VP2 and goddamn I was enthralled. It's just, </3 battle system sometimes.

I've heard VP2 is quite good. I haven't played it at all, though. If 1 has a good story, it must develop slooooooooooowwwwwwwwwlllllllllllyyyyyyyyyy.

I only saw one "story" cutscene, and I got halfway through the game. Everything else was just the generic einherjar scenes, and I didn't care about those at all, because:
1. They were generic.
and
2. You don't keep them anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sam
Ethereal Goddess
Sam

PostSubject: Re: Valkyrie Profile (for MT)   Valkyrie Profile (for MT) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 3:55 am

Dirjel wrote:
Philia wrote:

I've heard VP2 is quite good. I haven't played it at all, though. If 1 has a good story, it must develop slooooooooooowwwwwwwwwlllllllllllyyyyyyyyyy.

I only saw one "story" cutscene, and I got halfway through the game. Everything else was just the generic einherjar scenes, and I didn't care about those at all, because:
1. They were generic.
and
2. You don't keep them anyway.

The story in VP1 is found when going for the "A" ending. If you are not going for it, then the game's story is just recruit einherjar and prevent Ragnarok.

Also, your not supposed to send EVERY einherjar you get to Valhalla (some can't go at all) and how are the scenes generic? They were unique to each character.
Back to top Go down
Estelle
Skypiea Priest
Estelle

PostSubject: Re: Valkyrie Profile (for MT)   Valkyrie Profile (for MT) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 3:56 am

Einherjar system was revamped in VP2, you can choose to let go of the Einherjar or keep them.

Letting them go gives you super fucking awesome equipment or something, however.
Back to top Go down
Dirjel
CP9 Agent
Dirjel

PostSubject: Re: Valkyrie Profile (for MT)   Valkyrie Profile (for MT) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 3:58 am

Sariah Adele wrote:
The story in VP1 is found when going for the "A" ending. If you are not going for it, then the game's story is just recruit einherjar and prevent Ragnarok.

Also, your not supposed to send EVERY einherjar you get to Valhalla (some can't go at all) and how are the scenes generic? They were unique to each character.

Huh. I heard that in order to get the A rank, you pretty much HAVE to use a guide. That does not sound fun to me.

And yes, each einherjar has his own story. However, they were generic stories. Only like 2 einherjar had particularly interesting stories. And I only found 1 that couldn't get shipped off, IIRC.
Back to top Go down
Estelle
Skypiea Priest
Estelle

PostSubject: Re: Valkyrie Profile (for MT)   Valkyrie Profile (for MT) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 3:59 am

Darios(?) and Freya(?) were great einherjar in VP1, right?
Back to top Go down
Dirjel
CP9 Agent
Dirjel

PostSubject: Re: Valkyrie Profile (for MT)   Valkyrie Profile (for MT) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 4:03 am

Philia wrote:
Darios(?) and Freya(?) were great einherjar in VP1, right?

I only got to use Freya in the opening bit.

Darios? The name does not sound familiar.
Back to top Go down
Estelle
Skypiea Priest
Estelle

PostSubject: Re: Valkyrie Profile (for MT)   Valkyrie Profile (for MT) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 4:03 am

Dios?
Dioz?
Diaz?
Dias?

Something like that. Unless I'm thinking of a different game.
Back to top Go down
Dirjel
CP9 Agent
Dirjel

PostSubject: Re: Valkyrie Profile (for MT)   Valkyrie Profile (for MT) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 4:05 am

Nothin'.

I might just have forgotten him, though. It's been a while since I played.
Back to top Go down
Sam
Ethereal Goddess
Sam

PostSubject: Re: Valkyrie Profile (for MT)   Valkyrie Profile (for MT) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 4:18 am

Dirjel wrote:
Sariah Adele wrote:

Huh. I heard that in order to get the A rank, you pretty much HAVE to use a guide. That does not sound fun to me.

And yes, each einherjar has his own story. However, they were generic stories. Only like 2 einherjar had particularly interesting stories. And I only found 1 that couldn't get shipped off, IIRC.

True, for the first time you pursue it, but after you do it once it gets stuck in your head. To get the "A" ending, you must have Lenneth's seal value below 37 by the time you reach Chapter 7. It starts at 100.

To decrease is as follows:

Recruit einherjar -2
Wear Nibelungen Ring during Sacred Phase +2
Not wearing above ring during Sacred Phase -2
Send einherjar to Valhalla +12
Visit Platina's Grave -15
Meet Brahms in Chapter 3 -10
Meet Lucian in Gerabellum in Chapter 5 -10
Recruit Lucian -20
Defeat Lezard Valeth in Chapter 4 -15
Recruit Mystina -15

You also MUST send Lucian to Valhalla during Chapter 6 and he MUST have the necessary Hero Value for that chapter.

You will know when you have done it right when you see a cutscene with Lucian and Loki using the Water Mirror.

Then, in chapter 8, you visit the Weeping Lily Meadow to reach the final dungeon for the "A" ending (Asgard Hill).

As for the untransferrable einherjar, Arngrim and Mystina cannot be sent to Valhalla, because they are needed for the "A" ending.
Back to top Go down
Dirjel
CP9 Agent
Dirjel

PostSubject: Re: Valkyrie Profile (for MT)   Valkyrie Profile (for MT) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 4:21 am

Ah yes, Arngrim. That's the one. He had a big sword.

Mystina does not sound familiar in the slightest, though.

And I did send Lucian to Valhalla.

And I tried to keep my seal value thing high >.> It sounded like a good thing.
Back to top Go down
Sam
Ethereal Goddess
Sam

PostSubject: Re: Valkyrie Profile (for MT)   Valkyrie Profile (for MT) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 4:28 am

Dirjel wrote:
Ah yes, Arngrim. That's the one. He had a big sword.

Mystina does not sound familiar in the slightest, though.

And I did send Lucian to Valhalla.

And I tried to keep my seal value thing high >.> It sounded like a good thing.

Did you play on Easy? You can't recruit Mystina in easy and, as a result, cannot obtain the "A" ending.

If not, then you intentionally missed her.
Back to top Go down
Dirjel
CP9 Agent
Dirjel

PostSubject: Re: Valkyrie Profile (for MT)   Valkyrie Profile (for MT) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 4:30 am

No idea. Like I said, it's been a while since I played.

I'm pretty sure I picked the hardest difficulty, 'cuz it said I could get 1548656086 characters.
Back to top Go down
Sam
Ethereal Goddess
Sam

PostSubject: Re: Valkyrie Profile (for MT)   Valkyrie Profile (for MT) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 4:34 am

Oh yeah! You have to recruit Lorenta, before you can recruit Mystina.

And 1548656086 is quite the estimation.
Back to top Go down
Dirjel
CP9 Agent
Dirjel

PostSubject: Re: Valkyrie Profile (for MT)   Valkyrie Profile (for MT) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 4:57 am

Sariah Adele wrote:
Oh yeah! You have to recruit Lorenta, before you can recruit Mystina.

And 1548656086 is quite the estimation.

I believe the exact words were: "Nearly Unlimited"
Back to top Go down
MetatronTorment
General Zombie

PostSubject: Re: Valkyrie Profile (for MT)   Valkyrie Profile (for MT) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 8:29 am

I, uh, fell asleep. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Valkyrie Profile (for MT)   Valkyrie Profile (for MT) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Valkyrie Profile (for MT)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next