Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Iron Fist (Netflix)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Iron Fist (Netflix) Empty
PostSubject: Iron Fist (Netflix)   Iron Fist (Netflix) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 19, 2017 3:46 pm

I'll admit to knowing almost next to nothing about the character, but Marvel's Netflix shows have been a resounding success so far, even though I felt that both Jessica Jones and Luke Cage did suffer from pacing issues at various points that relegated them to good rather than great.

Iron Fist has had a bit of a mauling critically. I don't put much stock into the likes of Metacritic or Rotten Tomatoes as both are subject to the whims of trolls, people who have no sliding scale, something is either good and it is worth a ten or it isn't and it gets a zero (or rapid fanboys, who try to elevate their own favourite show/game/movie by down voting all the competition). Even so, I thought it telling that Metacritic shows "generally unfavourable reviews" from the critics, and "generally favourable reviews" from Joe Public, and that Rotten Tomatoes are showing critic rating of 17% yet a rating of 87% from the audience.

I've currently only watched the first three episodes, but I'm enjoying it so far and don't really understand all the negativity.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Iron Fist (Netflix)   Iron Fist (Netflix) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 20, 2017 3:45 am

It's not that good. Feels really aimless as it goes on and Danny is unlikeable a lot of the time. The Netflix shows have slowed down a lot since Dardevil for some reason. Luke Cage and Iron Fist are basically 12 hour origin stories and so much time is wasted repeating things or developing characters that are ultimately unimportant.
Back to top Go down
????
Butter Bomb

PostSubject: Re: Iron Fist (Netflix)   Iron Fist (Netflix) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 20, 2017 3:55 am

The only "negative" thing I heard is that a white dude is playing Iron Fist and not an Asian guy, so its "racist guys lulz."

Which proves none of them read the comics as the Iron Fist in the comics...........is a white dude. No interpretations of Iron Fist as far as I am concerned was Asian (or written as such).

Which means they assume cause he is a Kung Fu Martial Artist, he has to be play by an Asian.....who is the racist one here again?

Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Iron Fist (Netflix)   Iron Fist (Netflix) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 20, 2017 4:13 am

Him being white in the comics doesn't invalidate that criticism. It just becomes a criticism of the comics too. What invalidates it is that Danny doesn't really fall in to the white saviour stereotype because the Iron Fist has to be earned. He's not inherently special, nor is he "the chosen one", he just worked really fucking hard. The show should have made a bigger deal out of that.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Iron Fist (Netflix)   Iron Fist (Netflix) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 20, 2017 5:36 pm

I really like it, although it does have flaws. I'm at episode 12 (and there's only 13) and I still have no idea about where this is going or what they're trying to do or tell.

But I'm having fun watching so..
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Iron Fist (Netflix)   Iron Fist (Netflix) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 20, 2017 9:36 pm

Don't expect the last epsiode to clear anything up. I liked episodes 10-12. That little run had a solid story and direction, with Danny feeling conflicted over his duty as an Iron Fist while not wanting to be used by others. The whope series is about him not knowing what he's supposed to do, and by the end he's still unsure. And not because he makes a choice to be free, but because he's genuinely a clueless idiot most of the time. It's really weird and unsatisfying.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Iron Fist (Netflix)   Iron Fist (Netflix) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 22, 2017 3:39 pm

It seems this show was incredibly rushed. Finn Jones only had 3 weeks to train before shooting began, and he was learning choreography just hours before filming the scenes.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Iron Fist (Netflix)   Iron Fist (Netflix) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 22, 2017 5:55 pm

okay, just finished it.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Iron Fist (Netflix)   Iron Fist (Netflix) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Iron Fist (Netflix)
Page 1 of 1