Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Shinsekai Yori / From the New World

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Skip
Australianus
Skip

Shinsekai Yori / From the New World Empty
PostSubject: Shinsekai Yori / From the New World   Shinsekai Yori / From the New World Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2015 1:50 pm

It's a novel that has been adapted into a 25 episode anime series about a utopic society in which humans have telekinetic powers, called 'Cantus', but are blocked from using it on one another. Like many of these stories, it becomes clear that there's more to the utopia than first appears. There's much more to it than that, but I don't really want to give anything away.

A few episodes in, they decide to expo-dump the history of the world, but I think it's actually really interesting. It was at that point I decided that this was the most interesting show I'd seen in a while. I've now finished it, and I can comfortably say it's the best thing I've seen this year so far. Really good story, set in what I think is a very interesting world, with great characters. The things I love most about it are the way it manages to keep an enormous sense of dread with regularity, and how dark it can get at times.

I'd recommend you all watch it.

PS. Don't make the same mistake I did, you don't want to hear the English dub before making up your mind. Just watch it in Japanese.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Shinsekai Yori / From the New World   Shinsekai Yori / From the New World Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2015 6:12 pm

I'm taking it real slow with this anime.
It's relaxing, and yet... weird.
I find it answers some questions I have watching certain episodes, then it takes me on a curveball by raising more.

Don't see myself binge watching through it on first view.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Shinsekai Yori / From the New World   Shinsekai Yori / From the New World Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2015 12:49 pm

Yeah you're right, the pacing is quite relaxing. I didn't exactly binge watch it, but I got through it fairly quickly. Within a couple of days, I think.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Shinsekai Yori / From the New World   Shinsekai Yori / From the New World Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2016 11:29 am

Whew, finally saw it all the way through, what an unusual anime.

The emperor killing the first hundred to stop applauding, and the idea of the warrior prince killing his father to take his place as the emperor being the tradition looked confusing and out of place, before digging deeper into the queerats story.

The cats, is another plot that was confusing, then the dust on it cleared as the story progressed further.

One thing I do not understand though is the Karma Demon, when they were taught about it in school, the Karma Demon was an isolated person, with no friends, no connections, Shun had his friends and was a sociable cheerful guy, what turned him to one of those?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shinsekai Yori / From the New World   Shinsekai Yori / From the New World Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shinsekai Yori / From the New World
Page 1 of 1