Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The casualization of gaming.

Go down 
+6
Neo
Superbuu3
Skip
Baal
SimianWonder
????
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
????
Butter Bomb

The casualization of gaming.  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The casualization of gaming.    The casualization of gaming.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 10:45 pm

SimianWonder wrote:

Woah, easy there.

Mass Effect 3 may not have had the ending that a lot of us wanted, but it still wrapped up several points of the story (Quarian/geth war, Salarian / Krogan unpleasantness) in a very satisfying manner.  It wasn't as consistent as ME2, but it still hit highs that very few games could match.  If it hadn't botched the last half an hour, it would have been remembered as the better game, I'd wager.

Besides, I'd still disagree about it being "casualised".  ME2 refined the shooter mechanics, but it stripped out a lot of the usual RPG choices ( no inventory, no loots gains etc) in doing so.  ME3 actually re-instated a lot of the mechanics that ME2 cut out, so if anything it's ME2 that was the casualised entry in the series.  And even that, I don't agree with; on Inferno difficulty it's genuinely challenging.

I not going to agree with you with ME3 wrapping up anything. If anything, it either felt forced or just there. Nothing impact that shite ending with the three color orbs. The DLC ending was insulting and still wasn't good. Yeah, game ending was shit. Make the consumer pay more just for a less shitty ending.

Though I do agree with you with ME2. Looking at it more, ME2 does feel more of just Gears of War. Though 3 did add some more things, it was still Gears of War with half-ass RPG elements.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: The casualization of gaming.    The casualization of gaming.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 10:48 pm

Empirewild wrote:
Golden Boy wrote:
You complain about "casualization", then you bash SoulCalibur 5. Namco removed fan-favorite characters, arcade endings and extra modes and they focused entirely on the gameplay (which is arguably the best it's ever been for the series). If anything, SC5 appealed to hardcore players and drove away the casuals.

RE6 is better than RE5 in every way and a good game.

As much as I hate myself for saying this, RE5 was better than 6. 6 just sucked. 5 was more of a disappointment.

Soulcaliber V had nothing to do with casualization. The game just sucked in general. Force new characters that add nothing of value, revision of the move sets, again! and removing features like modes and endings (which were fine by the way) to make the gameplay worse with unnecessary super specials? Ok.

Terrible, terrible game. should have expect after the mediocrity of 4. I knew SCV was going to be bad, but not that bad.

You actually just sound like a grumpy old man who just wants every game to stay the same forever. You probably should mention what series has evolved in a positive way, because you're complaining about a bunch of stuff and making it seem like you just hate what you hate and lack all logic or reason. Although there's nothing wrong with that, but you made a topic which made it seem like you had a point you were trying to get across.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: The casualization of gaming.    The casualization of gaming.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 10:50 pm

Casual, adjective: Anything that internet forum user Empirewild doesn't like. No other discernible definition.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: The casualization of gaming.    The casualization of gaming.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 11:06 pm

Empirewild wrote:

Soulcaliber V had nothing to do with casualization. The game just sucked in general. Force new characters that add nothing of value, revision of the move sets, again! and removing features like modes and endings (which were fine by the way) to make the gameplay worse with unnecessary super specials? Ok.

Terrible, terrible game. should have expect after the mediocrity of 4. I knew SCV was going to be bad, but not that bad.

New characters added new move sets.
Best revision of move lists any 3d fighting game has had; they got rid of terrible moves that no decent player would ever use.
Super and specials added depth to the game as you had to manage your meter. As an alpha Patroklos player I could save my meter to use my super (which had excellent start-up and was a great tool for punishing hard unsafe stuff or closing the round) or use my specials to increase my combo damage or go for oki. They also removed stuff that dumbed down previous games like the step-guard mechanic. So gameplay lay-wise SCV is the best in the series.

Unfortunately, it didn't sell as well as the previous entries since casuals don't care for the core gameplay. Mortal Kombat (and Injustice) are definitely worse than most mainstream fighting games out there and they sell millions because they appeal to casuals. They're easy to play, have story modes, etc.

Last edited by Golden Boy on Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
????
Butter Bomb

PostSubject: Re: The casualization of gaming.    The casualization of gaming.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 11:06 pm

So I looked at my post a bit more and I just realize............

I do sound like a grumpy asshole who wants everything the same. The same thing I am trying to prevent in gaming!

Good job Empirewild, I hope you realize how fucking dumb you sound now.

Just give my -1000 broforce and let me this topic before I look dumber.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: The casualization of gaming.    The casualization of gaming.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 11:10 pm

Lol, well you admitted when you were sounding awful, can't fault that.
Back to top Go down
????
Butter Bomb

PostSubject: Re: The casualization of gaming.    The casualization of gaming.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 11:13 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:

I admit defeat. What is my punishment for being stupid and ignorant?
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: The casualization of gaming.    The casualization of gaming.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 11:14 pm

I don't want to argue for the sake of arguing, but I do need to call you on a couple of points.

Empirewild wrote:
I not going to agree with you with ME3 wrapping up anything. If anything, it either felt forced or just there.

The resolution to both the Quarian/Geth wars and the Krogan Genophage had been building for the entirety of the trilogy. That's almost the very definition of not being forced.

Quote :
The DLC ending was insulting and still wasn't good. Yeah, game ending was shit. Make the consumer pay more just for a less shitty ending.

Do you remember how the DLC ending came about? It was because a lot of people got on their soapboxes about how admittedly lacklustre the original was, so Bioware decided to listen to their fanbase and do something about it. They added a lot of material to the ending, and not only that, they did it for free. Yes, the DLC was completely free of charge. We didn't like the ending, so they listened to some of the criticism and did more than could reasonably be expected to give us what we wanted. So how did the consumer "pay more" and in what way was it insulting?

Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: The casualization of gaming.    The casualization of gaming.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 11:15 pm

Empirewild wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:

Being stupid and ignorant is already enough punishment.

To my knowledge the only game out that had an actual DLC ending was Prince of Persia 2008, in regards to your other comments.
Back to top Go down
????
Butter Bomb

PostSubject: Re: The casualization of gaming.    The casualization of gaming.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 11:20 pm

Really? I felt the Quarian/Geth thing was force. Maybe I didn't play one might of caused that. I was like "What the fuck is this?" Maybe I ignore that part in ME2.

I do agree the Krogan Genophage thing was good (Never played one, though I did get it a bit in 2). Though I was probably to annoyed by everything else to enjoy it. ME3 just drained me of fucks I give.

Whoops. I did realize the DLC thing was free. I check the ending and it still didn't feel like a good ending with your choices

Maybe because they should made the endings in the first place. I guess better than nothing. Still hope Dragon Age 3 will the apology letter for that abomination of Dragon Age 2. Won't buy it, just rent it and see if it's good.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: The casualization of gaming.    The casualization of gaming.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 11:21 pm

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to Inquisition. DA2 was a massive let down, though again not a bad game in its own right.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: The casualization of gaming.    The casualization of gaming.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 11:21 pm

Golden Boy wrote:

But does it have Excella?
Back to top Go down
????
Butter Bomb

PostSubject: Re: The casualization of gaming.    The casualization of gaming.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 11:22 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
Empirewild wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:

To my knowledge the only game out that had an actual DLC ending was Prince of Persia 2008, in regards to your other comments.

Mass Effect 3 had a DLC ending. It was free.

Prince of Persia 2008 was just um..........odd. Sadly though, it would be the last time I think Ubisoft made an interesting character for any games they make. Before you even say Assassin's Creed. I just got to say no.
Back to top Go down
????
Butter Bomb

PostSubject: Re: The casualization of gaming.    The casualization of gaming.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 11:22 pm

Baal wrote:
Golden Boy wrote:

But does it have Excella?

Probably on the only few things I liked in RE5.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: The casualization of gaming.    The casualization of gaming.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 11:23 pm

Excella is a special person to Chou so I find it interesting he would say RE6 is better in every way.
Back to top Go down
????
Butter Bomb

PostSubject: Re: The casualization of gaming.    The casualization of gaming.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 11:25 pm

Baal wrote:
Excella is a special person to Chou so I find it interesting he would say RE6 is better in every way.

Really? I want to know more about that.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: The casualization of gaming.    The casualization of gaming.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 11:25 pm

i'm a special person to chou too
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: The casualization of gaming.    The casualization of gaming.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 11:26 pm

You are to all of us, BD.
Back to top Go down
????
Butter Bomb

PostSubject: Re: The casualization of gaming.    The casualization of gaming.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 11:26 pm

SimianWonder wrote:
Yeah, I'm really looking forward to Inquisition.  DA2 was a massive let down, though again not a bad game in its own right.

Do what I do.

DA 2 never existed.

Kind of like we do with Star Wars episode 1 and 2. Never existed. Makes the world a better place.
Back to top Go down
????
Butter Bomb

PostSubject: Re: The casualization of gaming.    The casualization of gaming.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 11:27 pm

Baal wrote:
You are to all of us, BD.

BD is love. BD is love. BD will fondle you in night and you will like it!

Off topic, what is that in you signature Baal

Last edited by Empirewild on Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: The casualization of gaming.    The casualization of gaming.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 11:27 pm

Empirewild wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:
Empirewild wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:

Mass Effect 3 had a DLC ending. It was free.

Prince of Persia 2008 was just um..........odd. Sadly though, it would be the last time I think Ubisoft made an interesting character for any games they make. Before you even say Assassin's Creed. I just got to say no.

Yeah, but the ending peoplel complained about in ME3 was free the ending DLC only came about because people complained. A company actually going the extra effort to try and fix an error is only a positive thing. There's plenty of games that fucked up and fans just had to deal with it. PoP pay wall before the ending was harsh.
Back to top Go down
????
Butter Bomb

PostSubject: Re: The casualization of gaming.    The casualization of gaming.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2014 11:29 pm

Actually. That thing kind of remind of Fallout 3 a bit.

Fallout 3 was fine and completed, but people bitch about the ending, which I think was the reason Broken Steel was made
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: The casualization of gaming.    The casualization of gaming.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 12:07 am

Okay, I admit RE5 had better villains. Excella was perfect. Ricardo was good too. Weaker sucked.
But RE6 had the better cast, plot, atmosphere, levels, mercenaries, LeonxAda, Piers Nivans Crying or Very sad and was a better action game. RE5 felt very clunky without the ability to aim and move at the same time.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: The casualization of gaming.    The casualization of gaming.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 2:31 am

Oh right, I forgot you liked Piers a lot. He was cool, I liked him too.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: The casualization of gaming.    The casualization of gaming.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 4:13 am

but simmons ois horrible
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The casualization of gaming.    The casualization of gaming.  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The casualization of gaming.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next