Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

anime for kids?

Go down 
+6
Baal
Dr. Chocolate
Talking Sock
Skip
Neo
Eevil-Psycho
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

anime for kids? Empty
PostSubject: anime for kids?   anime for kids? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 8:28 pm

and I really mean kids or infants.

one of my good friends says she doesn't want her kid to watch the genuine braindead crap that's on Belgian television, and she'd rather have her kid watches some japanese anime stuff that's suitable for that age range. doesn't really matter what it's about, story is not important as little kids like hers don't really pay attention or understand it anyways.

I already guided her to obvious things like Pokémon or Digimon or whatever, and Studio Ghibli movies, but my knowledge of anime is probably not as big as you guys.

She wanted to show One Piece, Dragonball or Naruto, but I think those might just be a bit too much for a child that young.

anyways, if you guys know some stuff, I'd appreciate the help.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

anime for kids? Empty
PostSubject: Re: anime for kids?   anime for kids? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 9:30 pm

I don't think any anime, especially anime for kids, is any less dumb than western TV. Surely Sesame Street or something is on TV?
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

anime for kids? Empty
PostSubject: Re: anime for kids?   anime for kids? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 9:36 pm

while that may be so, it's her choice and we're not here to judge it, so..
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

anime for kids? Empty
PostSubject: Re: anime for kids?   anime for kids? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 10:55 pm

Digimon, Pokemon and Dragonball are probably the best calls. Sort of gore-less and aimed at young kids. Ghibli movies are really good, but like, maybe don't show a 4 year old Grave of the Fireflies. I can even see Spirited Away giving a tiny child nightmares. You could recommend Disney as well?
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

anime for kids? Empty
PostSubject: Re: anime for kids?   anime for kids? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2014 11:26 pm

well, she specifically said she was looking for japanese things so...

also, seriously, whoever it was, you're actually going to take broforce away for that?

anyways, thanks Skip.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

anime for kids? Empty
PostSubject: Re: anime for kids?   anime for kids? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2014 7:51 am

Eevil-Psycho wrote:
well, she specifically said she was looking for japanese things so...

also, seriously, whoever it was, you're actually going to take broforce away for that?

Don't worry. I'll fix it it for ya.

For anime, definitely go with the Pokemanz choice. But only the classics, with the seizure inducing stuff and the satanic subliminal messages from the good old days. Avoid showing Naruto, though. You don't wanna poison the kid's mind.

Also, tell her to prioritize Disney above all else. Cereally. Convince her that it's the only thing that actually matters, and anime is no substitute for gud Didney Worl mehgic.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

anime for kids? Empty
PostSubject: Re: anime for kids?   anime for kids? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2014 8:09 am

Definitely stick with the early stuff, anything without the likes of Charizard and Bulbasaur in it is probably shit.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

anime for kids? Empty
PostSubject: Re: anime for kids?   anime for kids? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2014 10:11 am

alright, thanks again guys.

if anything else comes to mind, feel free to still let me know.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

anime for kids? Empty
PostSubject: Re: anime for kids?   anime for kids? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2014 10:23 am

I took broforce for that post because I suggested something that would actually be constructive for kids to watch and you handwaved it in a hypocritical way (you already 'judged' her choices in your original post) because it wasn't what you wanted to hear. If all you wanted was for people to reaffirm your opinions you should have said so.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

anime for kids? Empty
PostSubject: Re: anime for kids?   anime for kids? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2014 11:55 am

SOK wrote:
Also, tell her to prioritize Disney above all else. Cereally. Convince her that it's the only thing that actually matters, and anime is no substitute for gud Didney Worl mehgic.
Disney XD shows some anime, I guess that makes Disney a good suggestion
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

anime for kids? Empty
PostSubject: Re: anime for kids?   anime for kids? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2014 12:11 pm

Neo wrote:
I took broforce for that post because I suggested something that would actually be constructive for kids to watch and you handwaved it in a hypocritical way (you already 'judged' her choices in your original post) because it wasn't what you wanted to hear. If all you wanted was for people to reaffirm your opinions you should have said so.

I didn't judge anything. saying something might not be appropriate for a child because of violence is not exactly the same as judging her for wanting to show her kid anime instead of western stuff.

I came here asking if you guys know some anime that are suitable for kids, is it really that hard to just help a guy out? if all you were gonna say is that Sesame Street should be good enough, then why bother posting anyways?

I'd rather have my kids see anime or something else too instead of this which is all the rage in Belgium:

Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

anime for kids? Empty
PostSubject: Re: anime for kids?   anime for kids? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2014 2:00 pm

I didn't say that sesame Street "should be good enough", I suggested that program because it's actually good and has value for kids. This is so fucking stupid.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

anime for kids? Empty
PostSubject: Re: anime for kids?   anime for kids? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2014 2:16 pm

what's really fucking stupid is that I'm asking for anime and you're suggesting Sesame Street like I'm some idiot that doesn't even know what Sesame Street is.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

anime for kids? Empty
PostSubject: Re: anime for kids?   anime for kids? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2014 2:18 pm

Sesame Street is an anime. Fuckin' cheap lookin' bug-eyed muppets with their mouths flapping up and down when they talk.

It all fits.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

anime for kids? Empty
PostSubject: Re: anime for kids?   anime for kids? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2014 2:22 pm

SOK wrote:
Sesame Street is an anime. Fuckin' cheap lookin' bug-eyed muppets with their mouths flapping up and down when they talk.

It all fits.

even if that is true, I still asked for japanese stuff.

but whatever, I'm already sorry i asked. some people rather be a pain in the ass than just give me a decent suggestion apparently.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

anime for kids? Empty
PostSubject: Re: anime for kids?   anime for kids? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2014 2:23 pm

have you ever heard of an anime called

ONE PIECE
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

anime for kids? Empty
PostSubject: Re: anime for kids?   anime for kids? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2014 3:02 pm

Eevil-Psycho wrote:
SOK wrote:

It all fits.

even if that is true

'Twas a joke.

Sesame Street wouldn't be that cheap.

But anyway, you've got your decent suggestions already. You have Pokemon, Digimon, and maybe a little bit of Dragon Ball if the kid's up for some boobies and Goku pole. There's also something called Doraemon that looks positively insipid which is perfect for little kids.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

anime for kids? Empty
PostSubject: Re: anime for kids?   anime for kids? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2014 3:08 pm

I did not know Doraemon yet, will add it to the list, thanks.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

anime for kids? Empty
PostSubject: Re: anime for kids?   anime for kids? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2014 2:24 am

As much as I dislike 4kids dubs, you could always try to find some of those aside from Pokemon (which has been mentioned). Show the 4kids One Piece (of course when they come of age, disown the 4kids version and show the FUNimation version). Ultimate Muscle and Fighting Foodons weren't too bad from memory. There's always Sonic X.
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

anime for kids? Empty
PostSubject: Re: anime for kids?   anime for kids? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2014 3:18 pm

Everyone should watch Amazing World of Gumball its the best not a kid cartoon and will blatently be cancelled just like Megas XLR.

I just had to say that and i couldn't be assed to make a topic.

I think One Piece or Gundam Wing are alright for kids.  OP starts kiddy but has a nice overarching plotline that I honestly thought matures with the age of people following it.  Seriously nice call backs to things from 10+ years ago.  GW is about giant robots but has a antiwar message and political agenda (war is bad), its weird because its not all about fighting and more about politics, but I''ll say as much as its nothing like western cartoons.

Shaman King was a fun was about people melding with spirits.  Japanese version gets pretty dark, english dub keeps the tone light and kiddy.

OR

Just make the kid watch Batman the Animated Series because that was pretty much the best cartoon ever made.

OH just noticed mention about dubs.  Shaman King was a 4kids dub, but like I said the japanese version seems a bit much for kids in parts so I don't think its a bad dub, plus I liked Yoh and Amidamaru's voices, some of the characters have terrible voices and I laughed my ass off as they made the chinese family british...  but hey its 4kids.

EDIT: In regards to One Piece just remembered, I'm pretty sure its cut out in the anime but Luffy stabs himself in the face, thats pretty fucked up. The uncensored has some other slightly dodgy bits like a character repeatedly stabbing themself in the arm.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

anime for kids? Empty
PostSubject: Re: anime for kids?   anime for kids? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2014 6:48 pm

Batman the animated series was indeed pretty damn good Very Happy

as far as dubs go, she doesn't even need it dubbed, it's a kid, he doesn't know english any better than japanese anyways, so that all doesn't really matter...

but thanks for the suggestions. Smile
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

anime for kids? Empty
PostSubject: Re: anime for kids?   anime for kids? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2014 6:15 am

I wouldn't recommend One Piece, kid might wish to see more, and search for images of the show when he grows a little, then finds images of Nami or Robin in the shower
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

anime for kids? Empty
PostSubject: Re: anime for kids?   anime for kids? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2014 7:04 am

For real though don't let them watch or read One Piece unless you want them to see gratuitous tit shots everywhere.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

anime for kids? Empty
PostSubject: Re: anime for kids?   anime for kids? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2014 7:11 am

And some bush that one time.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

anime for kids? Empty
PostSubject: Re: anime for kids?   anime for kids? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2014 10:50 am

yeah, don't worry, i already informed her about it Smile .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

anime for kids? Empty
PostSubject: Re: anime for kids?   anime for kids? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

anime for kids?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next