Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Help Simian clear his backlog: Now Playing Guacamelee (Xbox One)

Go down 
+5
A_Nonny_Moose
Talking Sock
Neo
Skip
SimianWonder
9 posters

The first to clear from the back log should be;
Guacamelee (Vita / Xbox One)
Help Simian clear his backlog: Now Playing Guacamelee (Xbox One) Vote_lcap33%Help Simian clear his backlog: Now Playing Guacamelee (Xbox One) Vote_rcap
 33% [ 2 ]
Hotline Miami (Vita / PS3)
Help Simian clear his backlog: Now Playing Guacamelee (Xbox One) Vote_lcap17%Help Simian clear his backlog: Now Playing Guacamelee (Xbox One) Vote_rcap
 17% [ 1 ]
Metal Gear Rising (PS3)
Help Simian clear his backlog: Now Playing Guacamelee (Xbox One) Vote_lcap17%Help Simian clear his backlog: Now Playing Guacamelee (Xbox One) Vote_rcap
 17% [ 1 ]
Demon's Souls (PS3)
 17% [ 1 ]
Spec Ops (PS3)
Help Simian clear his backlog: Now Playing Guacamelee (Xbox One) Vote_lcap16%Help Simian clear his backlog: Now Playing Guacamelee (Xbox One) Vote_rcap
 16% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 6

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Help Simian clear his backlog: Now Playing Guacamelee (Xbox One) Empty
PostSubject: Help Simian clear his backlog: Now Playing Guacamelee (Xbox One)   Help Simian clear his backlog: Now Playing Guacamelee (Xbox One) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 10:25 am

Apologies to those who have done this before me, but thanks to the joys of PlayStation Plus (and Xbox Games with Gold to a considerably lesser extent), I currently find myself with the largest backlog I've ever had.  Some of these games I'd likely never have purchased myself, but they're now staring at me from the confines of my PS3/Vita/ XO HDDs and they're not going away.

I've got a paid Vita game to finish, then I'll be back into my back catalogue, currently consisting of;

PS Vita;

Tearaway
LittleBigPlanet Vita
Everbody's Golf
Gravity Rush
Guacamelee (Xbox One Super turbo version also on the list!)
Hotline Miami
Pixeljunk Shooter Ultimate
Pixeljunk Monsters HD
Lone Survivor
Muramasa Rebirth
Doki-Doki Universe
Surge Deluxe
MotoGP13
Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
Modnation racers
Jak & Daxter Trilogy
Blazblue Continuum Shift Extend
Sonic & All-Stars Racing
Uncharted Golden Abyss

PS3

Payday 2
Tomb Raider (2013, already played and beaten on Xbox 360)
Pro Evo Soccer 14
Puppeteer
Metro Last Light
Bioshock Infinite (already played and beaten on Xbox 360)
DmC Devil May Cry
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
Dragons Dogma Dark Arisen (already played and beaten on Xbox 360)
Remember Me
Far Cry 3 (already played and beaten on Xbox 360)
Assassins Creed 3
Spec Ops: The Line
Demon's Souls
Uncharted 3

Xbox One

Max; Curse of the Brotherhood
Halo: Spartan Assault
Guacamelee: Super Turbo Championship Edition

*Phew*

Like I said before, it's the biggest backlog I've ever had, and I'm finding it quite infuriating to even be considering buying new games when I've literally not touched the majority of this lot.  Before I set up a poll with everything on it, I need a few days to hear out people's suggestions, then I can make a poll based on the popular choices and go from there. So, RD, I need your help.  You know what to do.

Last edited by SimianWonder on Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Help Simian clear his backlog: Now Playing Guacamelee (Xbox One)   Help Simian clear his backlog: Now Playing Guacamelee (Xbox One) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 10:45 am

I feel like your list is a little long to consider games you've beaten on another platform already as part of your backlog. I've heard good things about Remember Me, Spec Ops: The Line and Metal Gear Rising from different sources though.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Help Simian clear his backlog: Now Playing Guacamelee (Xbox One)   Help Simian clear his backlog: Now Playing Guacamelee (Xbox One) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 10:50 am

Play Hotline Miami, Demon's Souls and Revengeance, snap the DmC and Asscreed 3 discs, reconsider replaying games you've already finished on other platforms and postpone games that don't ever end like Payday and Pro Evo because games that don't end are a trap and will stop you from ever finishing the rest.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Help Simian clear his backlog: Now Playing Guacamelee (Xbox One)   Help Simian clear his backlog: Now Playing Guacamelee (Xbox One) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 11:59 am

Skipio wrote:
I feel like your list is a little long to consider games you've beaten on another platform already as part of your backlog. I've heard good things about Remember Me, Spec Ops: The Line and Metal Gear Rising from different sources though.

I agree about postponing games already played on another format, but they're on the PS3 Hard drive so made the list. I did start Remember Me and quite enjoyed it, but got distracted by other titles.

Neo wrote:
Play Hotline Miami, Demon's Souls and Revengeance, snap the DmC and Asscreed 3 discs, reconsider replaying games you've already finished on other platforms and postpone games that don't ever end like Payday and Pro Evo because games that don't end are a trap and will stop you from ever finishing the rest.

They're all digital titles, so any disc snapping will have to be metaphorical! Are DmC and AC3 that poor? Demon's Souls is something I'm really looking forward to, especially as Dark Souls was so good, but I'm unsure if I should try and get the more linear, less time-consuming games out of the way before jumping into another time sink.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Help Simian clear his backlog: Now Playing Guacamelee (Xbox One)   Help Simian clear his backlog: Now Playing Guacamelee (Xbox One) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 12:22 pm

SimianWonder wrote:
They're all digital titles, so any disc snapping will have to be metaphorical!

You could press the delete button with some heart put into it. Concentrate hard and imbue your thumb with absolute disdain for all unholy abominations in this world and strike true using all your might.

Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Help Simian clear his backlog: Now Playing Guacamelee (Xbox One)   Help Simian clear his backlog: Now Playing Guacamelee (Xbox One) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 12:46 pm

Guacamelee, MGR, and Spec Ops should be your priorities.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Help Simian clear his backlog: Now Playing Guacamelee (Xbox One)   Help Simian clear his backlog: Now Playing Guacamelee (Xbox One) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 12:51 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Guacamelee, MGR, and Spec Ops should be your priorities.

Is it worth playing Guacamelee twice, does the Vita versions portable-ness make it worth playing alongside the XO's Super Turbo Championship version? Or shall I forgo one in favour of the other?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Help Simian clear his backlog: Now Playing Guacamelee (Xbox One)   Help Simian clear his backlog: Now Playing Guacamelee (Xbox One) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 12:54 pm

You'll play it more than once anyway most likely, to find everything. Play the xbone version for the extra content.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Help Simian clear his backlog: Now Playing Guacamelee (Xbox One)   Help Simian clear his backlog: Now Playing Guacamelee (Xbox One) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 9:12 pm

Are you really going to play Blazblue? The story is a convoluted mess and the cast is somewhat weird... Unless you are into lolis or a furry.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Help Simian clear his backlog: Now Playing Guacamelee (Xbox One)   Help Simian clear his backlog: Now Playing Guacamelee (Xbox One) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 9:25 pm

I've no idea if I'll play it or not, it's one of the games I've not yet played once. It was free on PS Plus however, so it's on the list.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Help Simian clear his backlog: Now Playing Guacamelee (Xbox One)   Help Simian clear his backlog: Now Playing Guacamelee (Xbox One) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 10:31 pm

Hotline Miami, Guacamelee I probably had the mos fun with on that list. Gravity rush is decent but save it till closer of the release of the sequel, its a pain getting to grips with the controls after a while.

I honestly preferred Demon's Souls to Dark souls and you loved that, keep in mind its longer and your backlog will probably add up in the meantime.

Jak Trilogy was cross Buy so you have the PS3 versions play it on that instead, I honestly thought Jak 2 was kinda crap the first game is briliant as a platformer though.

I second Spec ops its a fun game, nothing groundbreaking but its fun and finished in probably 8 hours.

We should all do a group play of LBP Vita, me, moose, TTB have it and I wouldn't mind trying some of the 4 player puzzles.

Games that are crap, you should drop right to the bottom of your list:
DmC (not even worth paying to check how bad it is)
AssCreed 3 (i finished and enjoyed all asscreed games and I feel like an idiot playing it through to see the conclusion of the story as it gets dumber)
Metro Last Light (boring as fuck, one of the only games in ages I failed to even finish a playthrough of as it was so bad and had godawful AI)
Puppeteer (awful, I intended to write a review but it would've been so full of vitriol I couldn't have done it because I'd have looked unprofessional)
Doki Doki Universe (Glitchy broken mess, seems to be unplayable due to freeze issues)
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Help Simian clear his backlog: Now Playing Guacamelee (Xbox One)   Help Simian clear his backlog: Now Playing Guacamelee (Xbox One) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 10:56 pm

Yeah, Puppeteer was disappointing. I didn't finish it. The graphics and general presentation are amazing, but the gameplay was so simple that I lost interest pretty quickly.
Back to top Go down
Syntek
Deck Hand
Syntek

PostSubject: Re: Help Simian clear his backlog: Now Playing Guacamelee (Xbox One)   Help Simian clear his backlog: Now Playing Guacamelee (Xbox One) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 4:48 pm

Spec. Ops was damn fun.

Remember Me More like forget me. (Pretty though)

Bioshock Infinite I thought was excellent but I don't think I got as much out of it as I did the first Bioshock.  Certainly a must play.

Uncharted 3 What are you waiting for?!
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Help Simian clear his backlog: Now Playing Guacamelee (Xbox One)   Help Simian clear his backlog: Now Playing Guacamelee (Xbox One) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2014 12:20 pm

Poll is now up, and will last for seven days. One vote only please, and thanks for your participation.
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

PostSubject: Re: Help Simian clear his backlog: Now Playing Guacamelee (Xbox One)   Help Simian clear his backlog: Now Playing Guacamelee (Xbox One) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2014 6:53 pm

i went guacamelee, hotline miami is a game you could play on the toilet, its not very long really unless you're trying for the plat & its small enough to keep on the vita memory card
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Help Simian clear his backlog: Now Playing Guacamelee (Xbox One)   Help Simian clear his backlog: Now Playing Guacamelee (Xbox One) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2014 8:55 pm

I've still got Guacamelee on the Vita, but will likely delete it soon to make room, so any Guacamelee gameplay will be the newly released Super Turbo edition.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Help Simian clear his backlog: Now Playing Guacamelee (Xbox One)   Help Simian clear his backlog: Now Playing Guacamelee (Xbox One) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 2:24 pm

Looks like it's going to be Guacamelee.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Help Simian clear his backlog: Now Playing Guacamelee (Xbox One)   Help Simian clear his backlog: Now Playing Guacamelee (Xbox One) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 3:34 pm

Just forget your backlog and buy EDF2025.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Help Simian clear his backlog: Now Playing Guacamelee (Xbox One)   Help Simian clear his backlog: Now Playing Guacamelee (Xbox One) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 4:03 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Just forget your backlog and buy EDF2025.
Seconded
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Help Simian clear his backlog: Now Playing Guacamelee (Xbox One)   Help Simian clear his backlog: Now Playing Guacamelee (Xbox One) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 6:15 pm

You're not helping.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Help Simian clear his backlog: Now Playing Guacamelee (Xbox One)   Help Simian clear his backlog: Now Playing Guacamelee (Xbox One) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 9:10 pm

Okay, play Guacamelee first. It is really good.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Help Simian clear his backlog: Now Playing Guacamelee (Xbox One)   Help Simian clear his backlog: Now Playing Guacamelee (Xbox One) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2014 8:54 pm

Right, so stopped cocking around on the Vita and PS3 and got stuck in to Xbox One's version of Guacamelee. And it's great. The graphics are wonderful, the variety between the satisfying combat, puzzles and platforming is just about perfect and I just saw a highly amusing homage to the classic Super Mario Bros games.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Help Simian clear his backlog: Now Playing Guacamelee (Xbox One)   Help Simian clear his backlog: Now Playing Guacamelee (Xbox One) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2014 3:59 pm

SimianWonder wrote:
Right, so stopped cocking around on the Vita and PS3 and got stuck in to Xbox One's version of Guacamelee.  And it's great.  The graphics are wonderful, the variety between the satisfying combat, puzzles and platforming is just about perfect and I just saw a highly amusing homage to the classic Super Mario Bros games.

If you don't spot around 10 homages every 30 minutes you're a terrible person.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Help Simian clear his backlog: Now Playing Guacamelee (Xbox One)   Help Simian clear his backlog: Now Playing Guacamelee (Xbox One) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2014 1:46 pm

You shoiuld rename this topic to Simians attempt to increase his backlog. You sound like you've been buying a load of games recently lol.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Help Simian clear his backlog: Now Playing Guacamelee (Xbox One)   Help Simian clear his backlog: Now Playing Guacamelee (Xbox One) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2014 1:50 pm

Exactly why I cursed you for making me buy EDF 2025. Xbox Games for Gold just ticked over for a new month too, so I've got another two XO games on the list.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help Simian clear his backlog: Now Playing Guacamelee (Xbox One)   Help Simian clear his backlog: Now Playing Guacamelee (Xbox One) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help Simian clear his backlog: Now Playing Guacamelee (Xbox One)
Page 1 of 1