Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lego Marvel

Go down 
+5
A_Nonny_Moose
Dr. Chocolate
Kaio
Ntity
Superbuu3
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Lego Marvel Empty
PostSubject: Lego Marvel   Lego Marvel Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 12:27 am

Nice i didn't play Lego batman 2 but i assume this will be better.

Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Ntity
Deck Hand
Ntity

Lego Marvel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lego Marvel   Lego Marvel Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 1:46 am

meh, I'd rather get Lego Lord of the Rings.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

Lego Marvel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lego Marvel   Lego Marvel Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 2:00 am

I'll probably boycot this if Kitty isn't in it.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Lego Marvel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lego Marvel   Lego Marvel Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 2:42 am

Ntity wrote:
There is a lego lord of the rings.
Back to top Go down
Ntity
Deck Hand
Ntity

Lego Marvel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lego Marvel   Lego Marvel Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 3:07 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
Ntity wrote:

I know, I just don't have it yet.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

Lego Marvel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lego Marvel   Lego Marvel Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 9:44 am

I'm looking forward to this, Deadpool, and Batman Arkham Origins
Always thought LEGO games belong to the RPG genre
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Lego Marvel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lego Marvel   Lego Marvel Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 9:56 am

In no way are the Lego games RPGs.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

Lego Marvel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lego Marvel   Lego Marvel Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 10:19 am

Why not? You play a game, characters take roles to do special tasks assigned to them
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

Lego Marvel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lego Marvel   Lego Marvel Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 11:31 am

By that definition pretty much every game ever is a RPG.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

Lego Marvel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lego Marvel   Lego Marvel Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 12:03 pm

Aziz, in case you need an example to understand why that definition is terrible:

In Call of Duty, you play the role of a soldier. Does that make it an RPG?
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

Lego Marvel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lego Marvel   Lego Marvel Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 12:37 pm

Neo wrote:
By that definition pretty much every game ever is a RPG.
Eh, no
Mirror's Edge, [PROTOTYPE], Batman Arkham, FPS games, etc, you have one character to control. if I consider a game franchise like Resident Evil, none of it count, cause you can't switch between characters while you play

Skip wrote:
Aziz, in case you need an example to understand why that definition is terrible:

In Call of Duty, you play the role of a soldier. Does that make it an RPG?
From what I get in games known as RPG, you conrtol a group of characters in game, the player switch playing between characters
Marvel Ultimate Alliance style games count as RPG, you have a group of characters to switch between
JRPG games seem to have the definition cause they switch roles during the fight, you get the options to choose from, the command is yours
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Lego Marvel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lego Marvel   Lego Marvel Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 2:36 pm

Ntity wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:
Ntity wrote:

I know, I just don't have it yet.

I got it haven't played it yet.

But, lego batman 2, which I've been playing with my nephew is considerably better then all the other lego games to date. All the characters have a bunch of unique powers. There's actually a sandbox gotham city to run around outside of missions with lots of hidden crap. If you're playing these games on your own though they'd be probably a bit dull and simplistic.

If you want e to post anything in detail on Lego Batman 2 or LOTR let me know and i'll do it when i played them a bit more.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Lego Marvel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lego Marvel   Lego Marvel Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 2:41 pm

You have a messed up definition of what RPGs are.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Lego Marvel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lego Marvel   Lego Marvel Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 2:45 pm

Just read this and then tell me if you still think that

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Role-playing_video_game
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

Lego Marvel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lego Marvel   Lego Marvel Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 3:42 pm

I read it before entering, read it again after you posted it, still think I'd categorize LEGO games as RPGs, the name of the genre works on them more than it does something like Elder Scrolls games where you only have one character to play with
Not as big on story, no character upgrades, and no camps or guilds, enough elements still apply to the LEGO games, they do have puzzles, character specifics missions, party play, etc..
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Lego Marvel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lego Marvel   Lego Marvel Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 3:50 pm

The number of characters has fuck all to do with whether a game is an RPG or not.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

Lego Marvel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lego Marvel   Lego Marvel Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 3:56 pm

FIFA is an RPG because it has the most characters of any game.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Lego Marvel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lego Marvel   Lego Marvel Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 3:57 pm

Skip wrote:
FIFA is an RPG because it has the most characters of any game.
It's legitimately more of an RPG than any of the Lego games (unless Lego Lord of the Rings significantly changed things up while I wasn't looking).
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

Lego Marvel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lego Marvel   Lego Marvel Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 4:04 pm

It's sport, we'll keep it sports. But in the end it does what the RPG genre title specifies, Role-Playing

And LEGO games do offer more than half of the elements defining RPG listed in the definition posted in the wikipedia link Buu provided, most importantly; a party you play with and can switch between characters during gameplay
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

Lego Marvel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lego Marvel   Lego Marvel Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 4:07 pm

Elvis Presley wrote:
It's sport, we'll keep it sports. But in the end it does what the RPG genre title specifies, Role-Playing

And LEGO games do offer more than half of the elements defining RPG listed in the definition posted in the wikipedia link Buu provided, most importantly; a party you play with and can switch between characters during gameplay
You do that in FIFA, too.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

Lego Marvel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lego Marvel   Lego Marvel Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 4:14 pm

Many of the specifications as defined for the genre apply to Lego games, so they are more RPG than Fifa
Skip wrote:
Elvis Presley wrote:

You do that in FIFA, too.
Yep, it works on it.
But it's not action adventure/fantasy like where most of the games categorized as RPGs, so I won't include sports
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

Lego Marvel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lego Marvel   Lego Marvel Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 4:22 pm

You play the role of a soccer player or manager. You develop certain stats as you go. How are the Lego games more RPG than FIFA?
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

Lego Marvel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lego Marvel   Lego Marvel Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 4:29 pm

Gameplay footage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VdMhdZny2A
Skip wrote:
You play the role of a soccer player or manager. You develop certain stats as you go. How are the Lego games more RPG than FIFA?
Stats is just a second thing, tactical play is a third, those are two more
Lego games have more RPG elements than just two more
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

Lego Marvel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lego Marvel   Lego Marvel Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 4:37 pm

Let me get this straight though, I am definitely not saying FIFA is an RPG. I am merely using it as an example of why the Lego games aren't RPGs either.

You said FIFA is primarily a sports game? Yes, yes it is. The same way Lego Star Wars (and I presume the other iterations, I haven't been paying attention to any of them) are adventure/platforming games.

The point being that although a bullshit argument can be made linking them to a genre that they absolutely are not a part of, they are not part of that genre at all.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

Lego Marvel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lego Marvel   Lego Marvel Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 4:50 pm

Skip wrote:
Let me get this straight though, I am definitely not saying FIFA is an RPG. I am merely using it as an example of why the Lego games aren't RPGs either.

You said FIFA is primarily a sports game? Yes, yes it is. The same way Lego Star Wars (and I presume the other iterations, I haven't been paying attention to any of them) are adventure/platforming games.

The point being that although a bullshit argument can be made linking them to a genre that they absolutely are not a part of, they are not part of that genre at all.
They may not be classified as them, but:
Spoiler:
And the list can go longer
Classified simply as RPG, and they are Action/Adventure/Fantasy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lego Marvel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lego Marvel   Lego Marvel Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lego Marvel
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next