Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

JJBA All-Star info thread.

Go down 
+3
Kaede
Baal
A_Nonny_Moose
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

JJBA All-Star info thread. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JJBA All-Star info thread.   JJBA All-Star info thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 8:52 pm

I thought part 5 was just about as popular in Japan.

But yeah, I'll give you D'Arby, that was really good. But for Kakyoin, wasn't his ability to control people (like the nurse) pretty much ignored after his first appearance? And remember that Part 3 also was the only one to be animated (that people liked) and distributed in the west. They also released the manga in the US, and I think these two should have a great deal of credit for Part 3's popularity. It may also be the most accessible, but design-wise I've always found it boring.

And Jonathan was at least a character who did other things than "be gruff and then punch someone really hard". It might just have been "grow stronger, someone dies, inherit their spirit, punch bad guy and say gentleman things", but I suppose I'm just a sucker for suffering.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: JJBA All-Star info thread.   JJBA All-Star info thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 8:52 pm

It isn't so much of an asspull if you think of it this way, Timestop was always Jotaro's ability. It was never Dio's ability. Remember that one instance in Dio's mansion where he uses Hermit Purple? I think Dio's original ability was to use other Joestar's stand powers.

So if it looks like an asspull, it's because Araki is constantly dropping ideas and hoping you forget about them.

Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: JJBA All-Star info thread.   JJBA All-Star info thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 9:55 pm

Kaede wrote:
I thought part 5 was just about as popular in Japan.

But yeah, I'll give you D'Arby, that was really good. But for Kakyoin, wasn't his ability to control people (like the nurse) pretty much ignored after his first appearance? And remember that Part 3 also was the only one to be animated (that people liked) and distributed in the west. They also released the manga in the US, and I think these two should have a great deal of credit for Part 3's popularity. It may also be the most accessible, but design-wise I've always found it boring.

And Jonathan was at least a character who did other things than "be gruff and then punch someone really hard". It might just have been "grow stronger, someone dies, inherit their spirit, punch bad guy and say gentleman things", but I suppose I'm just a sucker for suffering.

Part 5's not really that popular, like yeah it got a game but that's due to the fact that it was the most recent JoJo series that had been finished in Japan and Capcom was like "Let's make a JoJo Part 5 game while it's still relatively popular and we have the license." JoJo's always been below the radar in America, so that has no influence at all. Beyond the fact that Jotaro is basically seen as the face of the series, Part 3's had an anime (Two technically), a video game, featured Part 3 characters in most crossover media with Jump properties, featured a Part 3 character in basically every part after Part 3 until the reset for Part 7, is the only one to be localized in the West and is going to be the first JoJo part of the anime to receive an actual decent budget (Hopefully).

And really if you pay enough attention, you see that Jotaro has more personality than you'd think by seeing his stereotypical "Cold guy" attitude and I don't just mean going to Egypt to fight a 100-Year Old British Vampire to save his mother.
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: JJBA All-Star info thread.   JJBA All-Star info thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 1:02 am

Kaede wrote:

Your next line is, "No U."
Back to top Go down
http://thepit.forumotion.com/

PostSubject: Re: JJBA All-Star info thread.   JJBA All-Star info thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 11:17 pm

I just realized I've been assuming this has online this entire time. Has there been an actual confirmation?
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: JJBA All-Star info thread.   JJBA All-Star info thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 11:37 pm

I'm sure there's online, all of CC2's Naruto games have online and they're the ones who put out the HD Version of the original fighting game which had online with it.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: JJBA All-Star info thread.   JJBA All-Star info thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 7:46 am

Did their first Naruto game have online, though? I can't remember it having.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: JJBA All-Star info thread.   JJBA All-Star info thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 1:31 pm

Ultimate Ninja Storm didn't because it was their first time working with everything and they didn't have a great grasp on the new consoles.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: JJBA All-Star info thread.   JJBA All-Star info thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 9:29 pm

JJBA All-Star info thread. - Page 2 BHfzwJJCYAAxR9R

Koichi and Akira are confirmed.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: JJBA All-Star info thread.   JJBA All-Star info thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 10:14 am

Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: JJBA All-Star info thread.   JJBA All-Star info thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 4:16 am

So after having more time with the game (About 10 hours), it's not as bad as I suspected it would be. Some of the characters did have actual thought put into them as did the gameplay. Unfortunately, CC2 is still a hack developer, who only knows how to make things pretty and fails at delivering on the core experience. For every great nod to JoJo I see, I play the game more and discover just how unfun it is to play. I had a bit of fun playing with a friend of mine, but even he at some point went "I wish Bamco had gotten a real developer to make this." He's better than I am at playing fighting games and I just got away with so much scummy stuff. On top of this the game is just so damn slow, like I could forgive the myriad of problems with the combo system, making styles that would end up having like 3-5 characters in them at most or the entire concept behind cutscenes in every single part of the game, if the game just wasn't so slow. Who the hell thought 30 FPS for a fighting game was a good idea?

I will say this for the game though. Johnny and Gyro are fantastic characters. I would love to see them like the way they are now in a better game, Jolene and both Josukes are almost at that level but still would require more polish. I really love JoJos so that's why I bought the game, but I knew I was going to be disappointed with everything that involved the gameplay. This game is hot fucking garbage and is worse than SFxT.
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: JJBA All-Star info thread.   JJBA All-Star info thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 1:35 am

It only gets better. :V English Version, Name Changes, etc., etc., Here they are~

Quote :
All of the following are changes in the EU version set to English.

Part 1
No changes

Part 2
Santana => Santviento
Loggins => Loggs
Messina => Meshina

Part 3
Oingo Boingo => Zenyatta Mondatta
Terence T. D'Arby => Darby Younger
Daniel J. D'Arby => Darby Elder
Jean Pierre Polnareff => Jean Pierre Eiffel
J. Geils => Centrefold
Vanilla Ice => Cool Ice
Enya => Enyaba
Devo => Soul Sacrifice

Part 4
Crazy Diamond => Shining Diamond
Red Hot Chili Pepper => Chili Pepper
Boy II Man => BoyManMan
Pearl Jam => Opal Jam
Echoes => Reverb
Killer Queen => Deadly Queen
Sheer Heart Attack => Heart Attack
Atom Heart Father => Heart Father
Stray Cat => Feral Cat
Earth, Wind and Fire => Terra Ventus
Highway Star => Highway Go Go
Enigma => Misterioso

Parte 5
Gold Experience => Golden Wind
Sticky Fingers => Zipper Man
Sex Pistols => Six Bullets
Aerosmith => Li'l Bomber
King Crimson => Emperor Crimson
Moody Blues => Moody Jazz
Grateful Dead => Thankful Dead
Spice Girl => Spicy Lady
Beach Boy => Fisher Man
White Album => White Ice
Kraftwork => Arts & Crafts
Oasis => Sanctuary
Green Day => Green Tea
Little Feet => Tiny Feet
Baby Face => Babyhead

Part 6
Stone Free => Stone Ocean
Enrico Pucci => Father Pucchi
Made in Heaven => Maiden Heaven
Whitesnake => Pale Snake
C-Moon => Full Moon
Weather Report => Weather Forecast
Foo Fighters => F.F.
Kiss => Smack
Burning Down the House => Burning Down
Highway to Hell => Highway to Death
Narciso Anasui => Narc Anastasia

Part 7
Sugar Mountain => Snow Mountain
Stephen Steel => Steven Steel
Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap(stand) => D4C
Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap(move) => Filthy Acts, at a Reasonable Price
Tubular Bells => Tubular
Mandom => Mando

Part 8
No changes
Back to top Go down
http://thepit.forumotion.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: JJBA All-Star info thread.   JJBA All-Star info thread. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

JJBA All-Star info thread.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2