Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Next Gen Consoles and PC (not) in 2014

Go down 
+2
Skip
Neo
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Next Gen Consoles and PC (not) in 2014 Empty
PostSubject: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Next Gen Consoles and PC (not) in 2014   The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Next Gen Consoles and PC (not) in 2014 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 6:55 am

It's totally happening. Even if you have bad taste and aren't interested in the game itself this is absolute proof that there are new systems coming out soon, possibly even by the end of the year. Should be more information around in the next 24 hours or so as the official announcement hasn't happened yet but this game should be fantastic.

Gameinformer Hub Page (Being Updated Daily)
Gameinformer Info Teaser:
Spoiler:
Gameinformer Cover Art:
Spoiler:
Known Details:
Spoiler:
RPS Screenshots

Last edited by Neo on Tue May 12, 2015 4:00 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Next Gen Consoles and PC (not) in 2014   The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Next Gen Consoles and PC (not) in 2014 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 7:54 am

Yay.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Next Gen Consoles and PC (not) in 2014   The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Next Gen Consoles and PC (not) in 2014 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 3:37 am

Updated OP.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Next Gen Consoles and PC (not) in 2014   The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Next Gen Consoles and PC (not) in 2014 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 7:47 am

Updated.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Next Gen Consoles and PC (not) in 2014   The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Next Gen Consoles and PC (not) in 2014 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 2:39 pm

Charles Dance is voicing the Emperor of Germany Nilfgaard in this game. Just thought you should know.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Next Gen Consoles and PC (not) in 2014   The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Next Gen Consoles and PC (not) in 2014 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 11:35 pm

New trailer from a stream earlier today, game looks fucking fantastic and it's good to see some of the most important characters in the canon show up for the first time.

Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Next Gen Consoles and PC (not) in 2014   The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Next Gen Consoles and PC (not) in 2014 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 1:16 am

35 minute gameplay video, looks extremely ambitious. I hope it lives up to it.

Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Next Gen Consoles and PC (not) in 2014   The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Next Gen Consoles and PC (not) in 2014 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2014 3:56 pm

The horse's ass is almost hypnotic.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Next Gen Consoles and PC (not) in 2014   The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Next Gen Consoles and PC (not) in 2014 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2014 4:28 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
The horse's ass is almost hypnotic.

Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Next Gen Consoles and PC (not) in 2014   The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Next Gen Consoles and PC (not) in 2014 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2015 1:12 pm

Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Next Gen Consoles and PC (not) in 2014   The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Next Gen Consoles and PC (not) in 2014 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2015 2:01 pm

Why does racism seem to trump war crimes?
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Next Gen Consoles and PC (not) in 2014   The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Next Gen Consoles and PC (not) in 2014 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2015 10:30 am

Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Next Gen Consoles and PC (not) in 2014   The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Next Gen Consoles and PC (not) in 2014 Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2015 2:22 am

You can preload this now on GOG and probably Steam if you also want to bone people on top of unicorns.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Next Gen Consoles and PC (not) in 2014   The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Next Gen Consoles and PC (not) in 2014 Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2015 3:22 am

The topic title is wildly out of date.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Next Gen Consoles and PC (not) in 2014   The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Next Gen Consoles and PC (not) in 2014 Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2015 4:00 am

just for you
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Next Gen Consoles and PC (not) in 2014   The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Next Gen Consoles and PC (not) in 2014 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2015 3:47 pm

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Next Gen Consoles and PC (not) in 2014   The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Next Gen Consoles and PC (not) in 2014 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2015 5:05 pm

SOK wrote:
Spoiler:

I thought this game was mainly about happy endings homer

I didn't read the spoiler fully. I plan on playing this at some point.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Next Gen Consoles and PC (not) in 2014   The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Next Gen Consoles and PC (not) in 2014 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2015 3:59 am

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/witcher-3s-final-free-dlc-is-new-game-plus/1100-6429215/

Ooooh, aaaaaah, eeeeeeeeeee, wuuuuuuh.

Will be good for re-playthroughs. Definitely wanna play as a dickish Geralt some time in the future.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Next Gen Consoles and PC (not) in 2014   The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Next Gen Consoles and PC (not) in 2014 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2017 8:30 pm

I just picked up the Game of the Year edition, and I'm kind of kicking myself for not doing so earlier though picking it up for £20 in the Xbox Xmas / New Year sale does make it stupidly good value for money!

I played both Witcher and Witcher 2, and whilst I finished the campaign of each they never really grabbed me, at least, not in the way they seemed to grab every one who was raving about them. Witcher 3 seems to be a very different beast though.  It's not a true single open world, yet there's still so much to see and do.  It's well and truly got its claws into me.  It's superb.  In many ways it feels like the game Dragon Age Inquisition wanted to be.  Don't get me wrong, DAI was a great game in its own right, but Witcher 3 is in another league.

I'm not that far into the game, around fifteen hours, so have only completed the White Orchard epilogue - including scouring every inch of that place to ensure I picked up every side quest, unlocked every reward and beat every monster - and the start of the quest looking for Ciri in Velen.  Graphically it still looks great two years on.  I'm aware there was some controversy at release as the graphics were "downgraded" to ensure a more even frame rate on console versions, but it still looks terrific; character models are excellent, texture quality is good and the world itself is alive with detail.  There's almost an oil-painting quality to the landscape, it's not photo-realistic but it isn't trying to be.  It's very stylised and consistent within itself, draw distances are generally excellent and the lighting effects are often gorgeous. Maybe the game world is a bit flat in places thus far - for the most part there's been little of Skyrim's verticality, no towering mountains stretching temptingly off in the distance - but that may change in later locales, so I'll keep that observation in check for the time being.

Combat took a bit of getting used to, mashing the quick attack seemingly enough in the very early game, but the lack of any meaningful health regeneration (itself a novelty these days) and the fact that most enemy types roam in packs means you soon need to learn to dodge and work Signs into combat as well.  By the time I left the Orchard, I felt like I was at least making Geralt look like a vaguely competent swordsman.

However, the real joy of the game is in the game play.  The story seems compelling as is - I've just spend ten minutes talking to someone about how they beat their wife and killed their unborn child and despite beating the tar out of him, Geralt has thus far shown restraint and not shoved a sword through his gullet because he has information I need - but so often the main story is beautifully crafted, and the side quests are repetitive fetch quests and mind-numbing kill x of x creature variants, yet there's none of that here.  Even the side quests are superbly written, often leading from something simple into a whole new quest line that culminates in a frantic boss battle, a moral choice or anything in between.  And the world of Witcher 3 is morally about as grey as it comes.  What most games would call the "good" choice can lead to some horrible consequences here, with the "bad" choice actually being the better outcome for most involved, yet you never know in advance which way it'll turn at any given moment.

In many ways it's a war game - the looming civil war is ever-present, it's constantly on the tongue and in the minds of everyone you interact with, yet you never see it directly, only the events surrounding it as people either find the strength to deal with it or simply give in to despair and lose themselves in turmoil.  

There aren't many games which can feel truly adult, but so far this definitely feels it and I've barely even scratched the surface yet.

Oh, and Team Yen all the way.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Next Gen Consoles and PC (not) in 2014   The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Next Gen Consoles and PC (not) in 2014 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2017 10:25 am

SimianWonder wrote:
but so often the main story is beautifully crafted, and the side quests are repetitive fetch quests and mind-numbing kill x of x creature variants, yet there's none of that here.  Even the side quests are superbly written, often leading from something simple into a whole new quest line that culminates in a frantic boss battle, a moral choice or anything in between.

That's because they spent their time conceptualizing and producing the main and side-events first, then continued to expand the world as large as they needed it to be. It's a process other open-world developers should follow if they ever want their games to measure up to W3.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Next Gen Consoles and PC (not) in 2014   The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Next Gen Consoles and PC (not) in 2014 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2017 9:19 pm

I'm still switching between story and side missions, often without realising it, and the game has continued to delight, surprise and horrify in nearly equal measure.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Next Gen Consoles and PC (not) in 2014   The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Next Gen Consoles and PC (not) in 2014 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2017 9:12 pm

Fifty hours in now, and I've just arrived at Skellige. I'm level 20, and despite still having a lot to do in Velen and Novigrad, I was running into areas with enemies still considerably above my level. That, and I was getting a little bored of the terrain. Velen and Novigrad can be very oppressive in terms of atmosphere - must be all the hanging bodies and mutilated corpses still strewn around - and I needed a literal change of scenery after forty-plus hours.

I've also discovered how much I enjoy Gwent, the card mini-game. I've beaten every quest thus far, even winning a high stakes tournament (which did admittedly involve a little bit of save-scumming after the game stitched me up with a god awful deck in the first round!) and have gotten a few very powerful cards. I understand there's actually a standalone Gwent game coming soon as well, which would make for an interesting diversion.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Next Gen Consoles and PC (not) in 2014   The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Next Gen Consoles and PC (not) in 2014 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2017 7:47 pm

Despite the game warning me about nearing what I assume to be the end-game, I just started the Isle of Mists quests and
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Next Gen Consoles and PC (not) in 2014   The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Next Gen Consoles and PC (not) in 2014 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2017 9:37 pm

Haven't beaten it yet, but must be getting very close.

Spoiler:

I'm about 80 hours in now, around level 32, and criticisms are few; playing on standard difficult,y most fights ceased to be a challenge around fifteen levels ago and I've barely had to change my build at all in that time. The Quen sign and some early investment in the light attack tree and acquisition of the Feline Witcher gear has seen me essentially use the exact same tactics for almost every fight, even to the stage that I've got a dozen skill points unused.

Still, what a fantastic game it's been, and I haven't even touched the DLCs yet.

Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Next Gen Consoles and PC (not) in 2014   The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Next Gen Consoles and PC (not) in 2014 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2017 9:51 pm

Finally beaten the main story mode.

Spoiler:

Anyway, what an astonishing game.  Best thing I've played in a very long time and thoroughly deserving of all the awards and praise that came its way in 2015.  The world, the lore, the characters, the presentation, the quests, the cinematography, everything was exceptional including one moment - mentioned in the spoilers in a previous post - that will stay with me for a very long time.

Got the DLCs to tackle next and I cannot wait.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Next Gen Consoles and PC (not) in 2014   The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Next Gen Consoles and PC (not) in 2014 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Next Gen Consoles and PC (not) in 2014
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next