Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Does this board need to be upgraded?

Go down 
+7
Golden Boy
A_Nonny_Moose
Kaio
KittensOnACloud
Neo
Skip
Superbuu3
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Does this board need to be upgraded? Empty
PostSubject: Does this board need to be upgraded?   Does this board need to be upgraded? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 6:46 pm

Would you like the site to be able to host attachments and have a gallery and such, be aware that you will have to becareful what you post in that context copyright infringement etc. but those options can be made available if you so desire.

There's a lot of other fiddling that can be done i guess it wouldn't hurt to have an overhaul, I could also upgrade the site to php3 be aware though if i did that though the whole site would end up looking like other people's forums which is the main reason i used this version, however stuff like linking directly to a specific post will be easdier for you to do. You will also lose rights to be able to see full date of certain posts and that will only be accessible to administrative staff, I have no idea why the newer php forums do that and to my knowledge its something I can't control.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Does this board need to be upgraded?   Does this board need to be upgraded? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 6:52 pm

That's a bit bollocks that it would remove the date, why on earth would that be a good thing?
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Does this board need to be upgraded?   Does this board need to be upgraded? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 6:57 pm

Skip wrote:
That's a bit bollocks that it would remove the date, why on earth would that be a good thing?
Not the full date just the year, I'm mainly apprehensive and i need the full agreement of a significant majority that its ok, because bringing things back to this way might be a lot harder than you'd think.

Also the forum being up for years means losing the year will make things a little confusing. I mainly know about the date thing as i'm a member and not a mod on a few of the php3 forums which almost everyone else seems to use.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Does this board need to be upgraded?   Does this board need to be upgraded? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 7:13 pm

I'm not opposed to it but I'd hate to lose some of the old threads so you should archive everything first if possible. Anyway you know I like tinkering with new things so it might be fun who knows. Make sure it has a posts since last visit function though.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Does this board need to be upgraded?   Does this board need to be upgraded? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 7:17 pm

Oh god I don't know what I'd do without that post since last visit button.
Back to top Go down
KittensOnACloud
Official Sandwich Maker
KittensOnACloud

PostSubject: Re: Does this board need to be upgraded?   Does this board need to be upgraded? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 7:18 pm

I like the idea of the attachment feature, however, it is not a necessity as we are accustomed via email. I am okay with whatever.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Does this board need to be upgraded?   Does this board need to be upgraded? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 7:19 pm

Driver wrote:
I'm not opposed to it but I'd hate to lose some of the old threads so you should archive everything first if possible. Anyway you know I like tinkering with new things so it might be fun who knows. Make sure it has a posts since last visit function though.
We definitely won't lose old topics. Zero and Skip are the only ones who really can give me more information on what moderators see on the php3 format. I do luckily have a test forum I can play around with with year old posts on it so I could try and use that as a fiddling ground first to confirm nothing can happen to this place.

You to know about my personal life so you're aware i now have access to people with computer knowledge so there's a bunch of improvements we could implement that even the base site won't allow if i call in enough favours. I won't do anything drastic without the go ahead of a few people, honestly if you guys are willing to comment on the experiements i do on the prototype forum I can probably make things a lot better and have a very cool interface.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Does this board need to be upgraded?   Does this board need to be upgraded? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 7:25 pm

Well I'll tell you whatever you want to know about what I can see on Sly's, and I'm up for helping to test-pilot prototypes. It wouldn't take long and that way I can be sure to be happy with whatever changes are made.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Does this board need to be upgraded?   Does this board need to be upgraded? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 9:34 pm

Actually seems that Zero's forum we can see the years on its only sly's format that seems to have that problem. I'll look through designs later and see if there's something similar to this in the more recent version or if there's an even newer one.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Does this board need to be upgraded?   Does this board need to be upgraded? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 9:37 pm

I think you should make Neo an admin instead of Moose so he can find all this stuff out.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Does this board need to be upgraded?   Does this board need to be upgraded? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 9:43 pm

My main reason for not is i'd like to be responsible for the new design.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Does this board need to be upgraded?   Does this board need to be upgraded? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 10:07 pm

I think you should it regardless.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Does this board need to be upgraded?   Does this board need to be upgraded? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 10:19 pm

I wouldn't mind.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Does this board need to be upgraded?   Does this board need to be upgraded? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 10:37 pm

A new, less bland background please.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Does this board need to be upgraded?   Does this board need to be upgraded? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 10:38 pm

Bleh, changing the php opens up a whole can of worms in terms of things not being the right colour. Borders not being the right size. Justifications being misalligned. This is gonna actually take a bit of fiddling if i actually do it.

Edit: ok thats going to take a lot more work and effort than I could possibly have imagined. It turns out php3 is not modifiable as much as this one. So if we went with that we'd have to basically just make our forum look like that really generic type you see or just copy Zero's.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Does this board need to be upgraded?   Does this board need to be upgraded? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 12:51 am

Change the background to Fei Rin's tits.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Does this board need to be upgraded?   Does this board need to be upgraded? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 10:21 am

Skip wrote:
Oh god I don't know what I'd do without that post since last visit button.
Same here, please don't change anything.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: Does this board need to be upgraded?   Does this board need to be upgraded? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 11:18 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
Driver wrote:
We definitely won't lose old topics. Zero and Skip are the only ones who really can give me more information on what moderators see on the php3 format. I do luckily have a test forum I can play around with with year old posts on it so I could try and use that as a fiddling ground first to confirm nothing can happen to this place.

I use PHP2 as well. Sorry. I chose one and just stuck with it since 08.
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Does this board need to be upgraded?   Does this board need to be upgraded? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 3:19 pm

I don't have any desire to be an admin here but you should totally make me one on the test site so I can try stuff out with the new board system or whatever.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Does this board need to be upgraded?   Does this board need to be upgraded? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 3:32 pm

I hate changes cause it triggers my OCD like hell.

but I'll get used to it eventually.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does this board need to be upgraded?   Does this board need to be upgraded? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Does this board need to be upgraded?
Page 1 of 1