Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Name some bands or albums for me to listen to.

Go down 
+9
Rockstar_Sinistar
Syntek
Kaede
Neo
Casa
Skip
Ellis
Eevil-Psycho
A_Nonny_Moose
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Casa
RULES OF NATURE
Casa

Name some bands or albums for me to listen to. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name some bands or albums for me to listen to.   Name some bands or albums for me to listen to. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 1:56 am

Good, he's my favorite artist. My name Casa comes from Casanova Lament, one of his older songs.

Also Love Ire and Song is typically considered his best album. He's got a new album coming out next year and from the songs he's demoed so far it looks like it will be his best one.

Here's some more of my favorite songs that aren't on England Keep My Bones:

- Wanderlust
- A Love Worth Keeping
- Balthazar Impresario
- Jet Lag
- Better Half
- Journey of the Magi
- Pass It Along
- I Knew Prufrock Before He Got Famous
- Front Crawl
- Father's Day
- My Kingdom For A Horse

Also new songs that you can only see live version of an youtube, but are still absolutely amazing:

- Polaroid Picture
- Cowboy Chords
- One Fine Day
- Tell Tale Signs (before you listen to this song, listen to Reasons Not to Be an Idiot and I Am Disappeared first, trust me)

Also if you're into hardcore punk, Frank was the lead singer and songwriter of a band called Million Dead until 2005. I'm not a fan of hardcore usually, but Million Dead's got some really good songs like Smiling At Strangers on Trains, After the Rush Hour, To Whom It May Concern/Living the Dream, Harmony No Harmony.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Name some bands or albums for me to listen to.   Name some bands or albums for me to listen to. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 2:52 am

I added 4 of his albums to my library and I'll get round to listening to them over the next few days. Are those First/Second 3 Years album just compilations of stuff on other albums or unique stuff?
Back to top Go down
Casa
RULES OF NATURE
Casa

PostSubject: Re: Name some bands or albums for me to listen to.   Name some bands or albums for me to listen to. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 4:12 am

They're compilations of unreleased songs and stuff from his hard to find EPs. Both are worth getting.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Name some bands or albums for me to listen to.   Name some bands or albums for me to listen to. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 11:33 pm

I like England Keep My Bones and Poetry of the Deed more than Love Ire and Song.
Back to top Go down
Casa
RULES OF NATURE
Casa

PostSubject: Re: Name some bands or albums for me to listen to.   Name some bands or albums for me to listen to. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 3:32 am

Fair enough. Sleep is for the Week is probably my favorite though I do think Love Ire and Song is objectively his best. I certainly like Poetry of the Deed and England Keep My Bones, but they each have a couple of naff songs* that could have been substituted for some of his other, better songs that he ended up releasing with The Second Three Years.

Be honest though, do you secretly like him just because he's from Winchester?

* I dislike Sons of Liberty from POTD and English Curse, Nights Becomes Days and Glory Hallelujah from EKMB. He should have put Mr Richards on the former and Song For Eva Mae, Wanderlust and Balthazar Impresario on the latter.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Name some bands or albums for me to listen to.   Name some bands or albums for me to listen to. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 3:39 pm

I like his voice. Plus the music isn't really like anything I've heard before. Punk and country/folk is an odd mixture.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Name some bands or albums for me to listen to.   Name some bands or albums for me to listen to. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 5:34 pm

Linkin Park
Nickelback
Green Day
Three Days Grace
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Name some bands or albums for me to listen to.   Name some bands or albums for me to listen to. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 5:42 pm

Baal wrote:
Linkin Park
Nickelback
Green Day
Three Days Grace
+Dragonforce
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Name some bands or albums for me to listen to.   Name some bands or albums for me to listen to. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 5:57 pm

Neo wrote:
Baal wrote:
Linkin Park
Nickelback
Green Day
Three Days Grace
+Dragonforce
Limp Bizkit
Brokencyde.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Name some bands or albums for me to listen to.   Name some bands or albums for me to listen to. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 6:00 pm

No way am I listening to Dragonforce.
Back to top Go down
KittensOnACloud
Official Sandwich Maker
KittensOnACloud

PostSubject: Re: Name some bands or albums for me to listen to.   Name some bands or albums for me to listen to. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 4:07 am

I recently stumbled over a band called Infected Mushroom. They're pretty decent, give Sa'eed a listen.
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: Name some bands or albums for me to listen to.   Name some bands or albums for me to listen to. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 12:22 pm

Skip wrote:
Neo wrote:
Baal wrote:
Linkin Park
Nickelback
Green Day
Three Days Grace
+Dragonforce
Limp Bizkit
Brokencyde.
Slipknot
Korn
Static-X
Back to top Go down
http://thepit.forumotion.com/
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Name some bands or albums for me to listen to.   Name some bands or albums for me to listen to. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 12:03 am

Kaede wrote:
Protest the Hero - Sequoia
I got 6 seconds into this album before giving up on it.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Name some bands or albums for me to listen to.   Name some bands or albums for me to listen to. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 12:11 am

Kaede wrote:
Lamb of God - Wrath/Resolution
Lasted a bit longer on this one. 30 seconds into the second track. The first track was instumental.

I think I've pinned down at least one solid dislike when it comes to music now. If the opening lyric of a song is just shouting then it is a bad song and will not give the artist a second chance.
Back to top Go down
Casa
RULES OF NATURE
Casa

PostSubject: Re: Name some bands or albums for me to listen to.   Name some bands or albums for me to listen to. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 4:20 am

Oi Moose, what about the Smith Street Band and The Weakerthans?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Name some bands or albums for me to listen to.   Name some bands or albums for me to listen to. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 4:36 am

The Smith Street Band aren't on Music Unlimited so I didn't bother with them. The Weakerthans are okay.

Louis XIV are okay too. Already somewhat familiar with Ray Charles and Eric Clapton so I skipped over them, and I skipped over Neo's whole list because it was a bit big.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Name some bands or albums for me to listen to.   Name some bands or albums for me to listen to. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 9:10 pm

There's something grungy about The Smith Street Band that I quote like. I think I might see them when their tour brings them down here.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: Name some bands or albums for me to listen to.   Name some bands or albums for me to listen to. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 11:49 pm

Chief Keef. Dat shit be popping yo.
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Name some bands or albums for me to listen to.   Name some bands or albums for me to listen to. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 3:08 pm

If you're doing this still I've got more for you.

The Shins - Oh, Inverted World ---- If you like that then also check out Chutes Too Narrow

Was watching Scrubs earlier and it had a Shins song which reminded me how much I liked them.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Name some bands or albums for me to listen to.   Name some bands or albums for me to listen to. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 6:26 pm

I am still doing it. I've been meaning to listen to Fishbone properly but I got distracted when I realised there was a new Tenacious D album. Also been listening to Lana Del Ray because I heard Off to the Races somewhere and liked it.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Name some bands or albums for me to listen to.   Name some bands or albums for me to listen to. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 12:52 am

Oh Rize of the Fenix? Yeah I thought that was alright. It had a couple of good songs like The Ballad of Hollywood Jack and the Rage Cage and Throwdown.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Name some bands or albums for me to listen to.   Name some bands or albums for me to listen to. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 11:41 pm

Casa wrote:
I Am Disappeared
I fucking love this song.

England Keep My Bones is definitely one of my favourite albums now. I'll start listening to the rest of the suggestions soon, but I've been busy listening the stuff I really liked from the first round of stuff I checked out. Frank Turner and Flight of the Conchords have been the best so far.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Name some bands or albums for me to listen to.   Name some bands or albums for me to listen to. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 12:17 am

ZAZ is really weird.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Name some bands or albums for me to listen to.   Name some bands or albums for me to listen to. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 4:53 am

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Casa wrote:
I Am Disappeared
I fucking love this song.

England Keep My Bones is definitely one of my favourite albums now. I'll start listening to the rest of the suggestions soon, but I've been busy listening the stuff I really liked from the first round of stuff I checked out. Frank Turner and Flight of the Conchords have been the best so far.
Flight of the Conchords also have a live album called Folk the World and an ep called The Distant Future which are good, if you haven't checked those out yet. Their HBO one night stand is great too
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Name some bands or albums for me to listen to.   Name some bands or albums for me to listen to. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 5:12 am

Imagine Dragons is a great indie group that released their first album last year.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Name some bands or albums for me to listen to.   Name some bands or albums for me to listen to. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Name some bands or albums for me to listen to.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next