Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Resident Evil: Damnation

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

Resident Evil: Damnation Empty
PostSubject: Resident Evil: Damnation   Resident Evil: Damnation Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 9:52 pm

no, it's not the new Paul Anderson film, it's actually the second CG one after we've had Degeneration too. it follows Leon again, this time in Eastern Europe. I'm still watching it at the moment, but i'm really liking it so far. Capcom makes these movies, so it's a lot easier to relate them to the game than the live action ones are.

Story so far seems interesting enough, it's about BOW's being used in warfare, and there's a new type that makes it so a human can have control over the BOW's, something about the human being the host and the BOW being the slave. it hasn't been delved into too much yet, but there was a small passage of an unknown character controlling a licker. Anyways, Leon ends up with some underground "terrorists" who are supposed to be his enemies, but he befriends one of them and is now going to help them out..

Ada is in it too, but her motives aren't really clear yet..

will give final opinion after movie ends.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Damnation   Resident Evil: Damnation Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 10:44 pm

alright, well this wasn't really all that bad, it was fairly good actually..

it had some nice nods to Resident Evil 2 where Leon comes around a corner, sees a pool of blood and then 2 lickers drop down...it even had some Mr. X's which is my favorite "bad guy" of the series so i loved to see them get the movie treatment, and they had some cool action scenes too. one of them even transforms to the creature you fight at the end of Resident Evil 2 which was also pretty neat.

the story is a bit convoluted throughout though, maybe I've missed some things, but it doesn't tell you why some people do what, or what their motivation is for doing what they do.. I mean, I feel like: what the hell was this movie really about? You don't really know what Ada is doing there too until the last scene of the movie

but in the end it wasn't bad, it had cool and entertaining action scenes, and it was fun to watch.

there's also an RE6 trailer during the credits which was a neat touch imo.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Damnation   Resident Evil: Damnation Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 8:50 pm

I watched this again, then saw Degeneration
One hit to the back of his head with a gun can make him (Leon, in Damnation) faint, but he didn't faint after being hit so hard and tossed all this distance back hitting his head on a lead pipe (final battle in Degeneration)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Damnation   Resident Evil: Damnation Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil: Damnation
Page 1 of 1