Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anime in Real Life

Go down 
+5
Casa
Kaio
Skip
Neo
Baal
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

Anime in Real Life - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime in Real Life   Anime in Real Life - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 6:58 pm

That was certainly an interesting end to Season 1o f Breaking Bad, but I'm hooked like I am on Game of Thrones. Just gotta finish Buffy and I can move on to next seasons.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Anime in Real Life   Anime in Real Life - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 7:01 pm

Out of curiosity, why are you watching a season of each rather than just watching all of a show before moving on to the next?
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Anime in Real Life   Anime in Real Life - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 7:05 pm

It's mainly because I downloaded the first three seasons ahead of time and didn't know what I'd like to start with, so after watching each one, I know which ones I want to go to next. But also, I don't want to add more stuff to my computer without finishing what I have already, so I'm finishing up all of the first seasons before moving any further on any of them.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Anime in Real Life   Anime in Real Life - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 11:53 pm

I just finished Season 1 of Buffy and man did I not like it. Buffy's okay I guess and I kind of like Willow too, but Cordelia spends a lot of her time being insufferable, Giles is okay too, but he's so stereotypically British that I can't take him seriously, Angel is generic and fuck Xander, he is the worst character. Half of the episodes felt like nothing more than a monster of the week story and even the episodes that contributed to the overall story felt that way too.

Why the fuck is Luke killed in the first two episodes yet Darla who was useless as all get out somehow stayed alive until the latter half of the season? Why does the Master seem to take nothing seriously and chew the scenery? It's not even a charming kind of chewing, it's the "Holy shit, please get off of the screen" kind. Angel is the most generic "BAD BOY" character I've seen down to having no real personality and being responsible for some horrible event. Fuck Buffy suddenly falling in love with him out of nowhere and while I'm bitching about annoying romantic interests, fuck this show for trying to make me care about Xander's affections for Buffy when he's been nothing but an insufferable cunt for most of the season.

Also, what was with that stupid internet episode? Literally everything about that episode was bad, right down to the dumb robot monster, the same goes for the Praying Mantis one. Also, the effects of this show are really bad, right down to the last episode where the Master dies and it looks like bugs are flying off of him.

I mean if this series gets better after Season 1 I am willing to continue, but my interest is not at a high point after that display of... Joss Whedon not being a great writer. Also, do I need to watch the movie? Because I only just now after looking up some stuff on Wikipedia realized that Buffy was a movie first.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Anime in Real Life   Anime in Real Life - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 12:24 am

It gets better.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Anime in Real Life   Anime in Real Life - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 2:28 am

Hey man fuck you, Xander and Giles are the only good things in season 1.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Anime in Real Life   Anime in Real Life - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 3:15 am

Xander is really really creepy and possessive, Giles is okay.
Back to top Go down
Casa
RULES OF NATURE
Casa

PostSubject: Re: Anime in Real Life   Anime in Real Life - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 3:23 am

Xander gets good in Season 2 (so much so that at one point he was my favorite character) and then steadily declines until the point where I stopped watching.

Still haven been able to bring myself to continue watching Buffy, even if it means quitting Angel too. Season 4 just killed all interest I had.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Anime in Real Life   Anime in Real Life - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 7:17 am

Casa wrote:
Xander gets good in Season 2 (so much so that at one point he was my favorite character) and then steadily declines until the point where I stopped watching.

Still haven been able to bring myself to continue watching Buffy, even if it means quitting Angel too. Season 4 just killed all interest I had.
But it gets better, and less shit, in season 5. The final season is really good, as is all of Angel.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Anime in Real Life   Anime in Real Life - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 12:37 am

Watched Game of Thrones Season 2 and oh my god, this show is fantastic. I only wish I had joined at a later point so I didn't have to wait for the next season. Jaime quickly became one of my favorite characters due to his development and tainted knighthood, I'll have to give it to Neo on that one. Jon Snow's story north of the wall and with Ygritte was also enjoyable, especially when she kept prodding him on about DICKS DICKS DICKS DICKS DICKS. The battle of Blackwater was great, everything Tyrion did in King's Landing was amazing especially when he slaps Joffrey and berates him for losing his shit at having shit thrown at him. Also, can I saw that Joffrey naming his sword "Hearteater" was hilarious, because it shows just how childish he is? I continue to feel sorry for Joffrey's siblings because they are Lannister children with an older brother who is a shithead.

Brienne is also quickly becoming one of my favorites as she's another great example of a knight character. Fuck Theon, I think I hate him more than Joffrey now for essentially being the worst character. I didn't like him that much in Season 1, I hate him in Season 2. Hodor hodor hodor hodor hodor. The end of the season was certainly an effectively chilling scene yet leaves you definitely wanting more. Nicholas Blane quickly became one of my favorite actors with how smug he was as the Spice King. Pyat Pree was so god damned offputting, thankfully he's dead.

EVERY SCENE WITH ARYA AND TYWIN WAS AMAZING. I cannot stress this enough, every single scene, interaction, and their relationship was absolutely fantastic. I payed attention to these the most just because these two characters had such great chemistry and presence that they commanded my attention. Arya and Tywin are among my favorite characters, especially with Tywin's horse shitting in front of the throne room.

I am going to be buying the books soon, I cannot wait to read them.
Back to top Go down
Casa
RULES OF NATURE
Casa

PostSubject: Re: Anime in Real Life   Anime in Real Life - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 12:44 am

Baal wrote:
I am going to be buying the books soon, I cannot wait to read them.

Good man. Remember, the show and books are different things; just because you've watched the first two seasons doesn't mean you can skip to book three. Start at the beginning.

The books are also much, much better.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Anime in Real Life   Anime in Real Life - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 12:46 am

I know, I've already read up and learned that the show changes some things and even some stuff in Season 2 is from Book Three, so it's pretty obvious to me I'm going to have to start from the beginning. Which I don't mind, because I love Ned Stark and it'll be good to see him again before he is inevitably beheaded and I hate Joffrey again.

About the most disappointing thing I've heard in changes so far is that Tywin and Arya's scenes are actually not in the books, which will be disappointing, but not enough to effect my overall enjoyment, I'm sure.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Anime in Real Life   Anime in Real Life - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 1:03 am

Theon is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Anime in Real Life   Anime in Real Life - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 3:28 am

I've been watching all of the Breaking Bad lately, I'm on Season 4.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Anime in Real Life   Anime in Real Life - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 2:35 pm

I've caught up to Breaking Bad, all of it. Now I get to wait another 7 months for the series finale, until then I guess I'll watch Buffy.
Back to top Go down
PoweredBy42
First Mate
PoweredBy42

PostSubject: Re: Anime in Real Life   Anime in Real Life - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 1:08 pm

Baal wrote:
I've caught up to Breaking Bad, all of it. Now I get to wait another 7 months for the series finale,

I don't understand why they did that it.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Anime in Real Life   Anime in Real Life - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 12:53 am

I've marathoned the past five seasons of US The Office and it's fucking ridiculous how I've managed to watch this show and not do something else, but it is pretty damn good.

I think Phyllis is my favorite character so far.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Anime in Real Life   Anime in Real Life - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 1:16 am

Continue watching Buffy, whore.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Anime in Real Life   Anime in Real Life - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2014 12:31 am

I just finished Season 2 of Buffy, ask me anything.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Anime in Real Life   Anime in Real Life - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2014 12:33 am

Is Willow hotter than Buffy yet?
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Anime in Real Life   Anime in Real Life - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2014 12:35 am

As of Season 3 Episode 1, yes.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Anime in Real Life   Anime in Real Life - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2014 2:33 am

Anime in Real Life - Page 2 1806268-willow_warwick_davies
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Anime in Real Life   Anime in Real Life - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2014 10:54 am

SOK wrote:
Anime in Real Life - Page 2 1806268-willow_warwick_davies

That is an immensely niche reference.

Anime in Real Life - Page 2 Kilmer-willow
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Anime in Real Life   Anime in Real Life - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2014 3:07 pm

i don't get it
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Anime in Real Life   Anime in Real Life - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2014 3:22 pm

Ron Howard and George Lucas' erotic little secret.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anime in Real Life   Anime in Real Life - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anime in Real Life
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next