Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anime in Real Life

Go down 
+5
Casa
Kaio
Skip
Neo
Baal
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

Anime in Real Life Empty
PostSubject: Anime in Real Life   Anime in Real Life Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 5:19 am

So yeah, I've got Season 1 of Buffy, Breaking Bad, and Game of Thrones. Which one should I watch first?

Last edited by Baal on Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:30 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

Anime in Real Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime in Real Life   Anime in Real Life Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 5:20 am

Get three monitors and do it all at once.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

Anime in Real Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime in Real Life   Anime in Real Life Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 5:28 am

Game of Thrones!
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

Anime in Real Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime in Real Life   Anime in Real Life Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 7:43 am

Buffy season 1 is bad and you should start season 2 immediately after to wash the bad taste out. Do it last. I'd wait with BB until the current season is finished. So that leaves GoT.
Back to top Go down
Casa
RULES OF NATURE
Casa

Anime in Real Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime in Real Life   Anime in Real Life Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 8:06 pm

Breaking Bad > Game of Thrones > Buffy
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

Anime in Real Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime in Real Life   Anime in Real Life Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 2:54 am

Boardwalk Empire
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

Anime in Real Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime in Real Life   Anime in Real Life Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 1:12 am

Decided that I'm just gonna watch the first episode of each and decide what I want to continue with first.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

Anime in Real Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime in Real Life   Anime in Real Life Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 1:32 am

There are some weird names for random teenagers in the sticks.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

Anime in Real Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime in Real Life   Anime in Real Life Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 4:16 am

Alright, let me surmise my opinions of the first episodes before I continue these.

Buffy - I really didn't feel very wowed by the first episode. I mean, I can tell it's building up towards explaining what's going on and why everything's the way it is, but it's just an awkward feeling I have when stories try and do this. I do like the character of Buffy, she seems savvy enough about her job without being too obnoxious about it and the side-characters so far aren't grating... yet. I'll continue to watch on, but this'll probably be the last of the Season 1's I finish.

Breaking Bad - The first half of this show felt really... uncomfortable, not in a bad way, but in a "I probably shouldn't be in the room for this" way. The second half really picked up and gained more of my attention and interest. Walter is actually quite fascinating to me in that he's interesting to in his insanity. He'll do something and you don't know why, but it never feels like they're not answering why he won't do that as his reasons are made more clear through situations than explanation. I have to say that I believe his outrage at the car wash manager was justified as he's demanding Walter to do shit after he just came back from the hospital.

Game of Thrones - ...I loved this first episode. I can't put my finger on all of the reasons why, but it mostly has to do that it feels there is a rich world already here and they're going to reveal that world to me throughout the story. I do appreciate the dark tone and that they are not afraid to show things (Head getting chopped off and so on) to make it a bit more uncomfortable yet worth your attention. Although, I'm going to have to say that the ending was very abrupt and predictable, but still a great episode and definitely what I'm going to watch through first.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

Anime in Real Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime in Real Life   Anime in Real Life Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 5:33 am

Baal wrote:
Alright, let me surmise my opinions of the first episodes before I continue these.

Buffy - I really didn't feel very wowed by the first episode. I mean, I can tell it's building up towards explaining what's going on and why everything's the way it is, but it's just an awkward feeling I have when stories try and do this. I do like the character of Buffy, she seems savvy enough about her job without being too obnoxious about it and the side-characters so far aren't grating... yet. I'll continue to watch on, but this'll probably be the last of the Season 1's I finish.

Breaking Bad - The first half of this show felt really... uncomfortable, not in a bad way, but in a "I probably shouldn't be in the room for this" way. The second half really picked up and gained more of my attention and interest. Walter is actually quite fascinating to me in that he's interesting to in his insanity. He'll do something and you don't know why, but it never feels like they're not answering why he won't do that as his reasons are made more clear through situations than explanation. I have to say that I believe his outrage at the car wash manager was justified as he's demanding Walter to do shit after he just came back from the hospital.

Game of Thrones - ...I loved this first episode. I can't put my finger on all of the reasons why, but it mostly has to do that it feels there is a rich world already here and they're going to reveal that world to me throughout the story. I do appreciate the dark tone and that they are not afraid to show things (Head getting chopped off and so on) to make it a bit more uncomfortable yet worth your attention. Although, I'm going to have to say that the ending was very abrupt and predictable, but still a great episode and definitely what I'm going to watch through first.
Game of Thrones is my personal favourite of the lot, so good choice there. Breaking Bad is also the shit though, Walter is a great character. Jesse's alright too I guess. You're not wrong about Buffy though, the first season is mostly bad, but then it really picks up and when it gets going it kicks ass.
Back to top Go down
Casa
RULES OF NATURE
Casa

Anime in Real Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime in Real Life   Anime in Real Life Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 9:27 am

Baal wrote:

Woah woah woah, the ending was predictable? A grown man throwing a child out of a window in order to keep his incestuous relationship with his twin sister (who happens to be the queen) was something you saw coming?
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

Anime in Real Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime in Real Life   Anime in Real Life Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 9:50 am

Could be he's referring to the actual throwing out of the window after Bran caught them, rather than the situation itself.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

Anime in Real Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime in Real Life   Anime in Real Life Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 11:52 am

Yeah, I wasn't really surprised that Bran was gonna either get pushed or fall off of something high with all of the climbing he did... I wasn't expecting the incest though, that was a surprise.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

Anime in Real Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime in Real Life   Anime in Real Life Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 3:00 pm

Okay, let's get back to this Game of Thrones time.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

Anime in Real Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime in Real Life   Anime in Real Life Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 4:18 pm

Episode 2
Well, this show has me highly invested. I have to say that Ned, Snow, Tyrion and Arya are the characters I cannot see enough of. Ned is just great, any time he's on the screen he commands attention and doesn't even let the king draw that away from him, he cares very much for his family to the point it kills him to even kill the direwolves that his children raised. Snow is a very knight-like character and his dedication is similar to Ned's, although he's willing to go the ends of the Earth to prove himself. Tyrion's just amazing, beyond being funny he's incredibly intelligent and his slapping of Prince Joffrey was great, so was his conversation with Snow about what the world sees him as. Arya's just great, from the fact she's a fighter, to seeking to become a warrior in the future and doing her best for her wolf, it's just great seeing this character in general.

In terms of the antagonists, the Lannisters are all shits with the obvious exceptions of Tyrion and Robert. It's good to see I finally have some villains for the first time in a while that I can legit hate and love seeing their shit get kicked in. I have to wonder how Tyrion's the only member of the Lannister's who isn't a complete monster in how they treat other people.

The Wall was a visually stunning and kind of chilling sight, just seeing a natural land formation like that be so lined up and regular is jarring and amazing. The other story involving Daenerys is interesting too, something's obviously going to come of those dragon eggs and it's nice to see she's not going to be playing damsel-in-distress the whole time, I felt this show was too good for that sort of thing. Overall I am highly invested in this damn show now, like everyone else in the world, go figure.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

Anime in Real Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime in Real Life   Anime in Real Life Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 4:34 pm

I wouldn't call Jaime a monster, he just openly doesn't care about what people think of him and is whipped by Cersei, whose influence would make anyone behave badly.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

Anime in Real Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime in Real Life   Anime in Real Life Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 4:35 pm

It's hard to think highly of the guy after he threw a child out of a tall tower.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

Anime in Real Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime in Real Life   Anime in Real Life Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 4:39 pm

Haha, that's fair enough, I probably thought the same thing at the time.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

Anime in Real Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime in Real Life   Anime in Real Life Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 9:13 pm

"He was no dragon. Fire cannot kill a dragon."

Jesus fucking christ, this show.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

Anime in Real Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime in Real Life   Anime in Real Life Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 5:49 am

Okay, I finished Season 1 and god damn, I am hooked. I almost willing to completely look past Breaking Bad Season 1 & Buffy Season 1 just to watch more Game of Thrones... I'm not going to do that though partially because I want to finish what I already have and because Breaking Bad is calling me.

Anyways, opinions at the end of Season 1.

Ned's dead was very well done, I almost opened my mouth in shock when it happened, but then I realized "Wait, Baal this is fictional, don't get THAT emotional." The fact I had to stop myself from reacting towards a characters death with genuine concern is a pretty good indication that Game of Thrones fucking rocks and I love Ned Stark. Anyways, the entire Stark family is in a shitty state and I can not wait to see how this whole plot to kill Joffrey works out, especially since I hate the shit out of this kid and in a good way. I thought Sansa was really annoying at the start and finally seeing her realize what a shit her husband is is great, especially her talking back to him at the heads on pikes. Snow just keeps getting better and better, especially when Sam joined in and the whole story with him being a steward to Mormont, they shared a lot of great scenes with Mormont essentially acting as a mentor and telling Snow when to stop being emotional and focus on his duty. Arya's story gets better and better, what with her going to join the Night Watch, so I can't wait to see her and Snow meet up, assuming he makes it back alive from beyond the Wall. Also for the three episodes he was in, I fucking love Syrio Forel, it's the flair of the character and humor without being obnoxious that makes him great.

On the Lannisters' side, I still hate Cersei and Joffrey, as I should. However, Jaime is now making me feel mixed in my reactions towards him. He seems like he had some semblance of genuine guilt towards nearly killing Bran and just his personality in general has become far more interesting at this point. Tyrion continues to be amazing and witty, and his new partner that fought for him in the Trial is a great partner to him, as he had been even when Tyrion was a prisoner to Catelyn. Tywin I have mixed feelings about as well, he seems like he genuinely cares for his children, but he also seems like an awful person who not only underestimates everyone who isn't his family and in general what Tyrion calls him, a cunt.

Finally, the story with Daenerys was back and forth with me. I feel like these were some of the weaker parts of the story, sadly. The storyline of the baby becoming the one to rule the world felt a bit... out there, like it could never really go anywhere and finally, it takes a man trying to poison Daenerys for Drogo to finally go "Well, we're gonna go against our tribe's beliefs now because they tried to kill her and we're gonna take over." I felt this was kind of a bizarre way to try and bring them into the grand scheme of things, I dunno I can't explain why. Maybe it was because the idea of thousands of savages trying to take on a more advanced society prepared for a war seemed not only unrealistic, but like it couldn't actually happen no matter how many people they had. Hell, this was sort of proven when Qotho was killed by Jorah taking the scythe to his side and the armor protecting him from the blow so he could just kill him.

Overall, I really did enjoy this first season and I am hooked. After I finished Breaking Bad and Buffy's Season 1 then I am going to go straight to Game of Thrones Season 2.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

Anime in Real Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime in Real Life   Anime in Real Life Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 6:05 am

I think I thought most of the same things when I was at the point that you're at. I didn't like Sansa at all in the first season, though that changed after the second season and I'd read the second book. I also thought, and still think, Sam needs to get his goddamn shit together.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

Anime in Real Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime in Real Life   Anime in Real Life Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 2:12 pm

This show is amazing.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

Anime in Real Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime in Real Life   Anime in Real Life Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 4:26 pm

The asshole with the BMW in Episode 4 deserved to have his car blown up. Who puts "KEN WINS" on their license plate?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Anime in Real Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime in Real Life   Anime in Real Life Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 4:43 pm

Shit gets real in episode 6.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

Anime in Real Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime in Real Life   Anime in Real Life Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 6:07 pm

Shit did indeed get real.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Anime in Real Life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anime in Real Life   Anime in Real Life Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anime in Real Life
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next