Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Transformers: WFC sequel. Fall of Cybertron

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

Transformers: WFC sequel. Fall of Cybertron Empty
PostSubject: Transformers: WFC sequel. Fall of Cybertron   Transformers: WFC sequel. Fall of Cybertron Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 12:41 am

Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Transformers: WFC sequel. Fall of Cybertron   Transformers: WFC sequel. Fall of Cybertron Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 12:43 am

Cool another transformers game i won't get.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Transformers: WFC sequel. Fall of Cybertron   Transformers: WFC sequel. Fall of Cybertron Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 12:50 am

Here's another game me and Sora will play for about a month together then stop playing because the DLC is dumb.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Transformers: WFC sequel. Fall of Cybertron   Transformers: WFC sequel. Fall of Cybertron Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 12:52 am

You missed out some good fun with WFC, Buu. I hope the online's a little better, though. Less freezing issues and more depth to the character creation(I wouldn't expect a lot, but let us actually change parts and such instead of just color palettes).

Baal wrote:
Here's another game me and Sora will play for about a month together then stop playing because the DLC is dumb.

I never even bothered with the DLC. How sucky was it?
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Transformers: WFC sequel. Fall of Cybertron   Transformers: WFC sequel. Fall of Cybertron Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 12:53 am

SOK wrote:
You missed out some good fun with WFC. I hope the online's a little better, though. Less freezing issues and more depth to the character creation(I wouldn't expect a lot, but let us actually change parts and such instead of just color palettes).
WHy not just get armored core 5 when thats out if you want to actually customise shit.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Transformers: WFC sequel. Fall of Cybertron   Transformers: WFC sequel. Fall of Cybertron Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 12:56 am

I was planning on renting that one.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Transformers: WFC sequel. Fall of Cybertron   Transformers: WFC sequel. Fall of Cybertron Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 1:07 am

Fall of Cybertron? I guess the war didn't go so well?
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Transformers: WFC sequel. Fall of Cybertron   Transformers: WFC sequel. Fall of Cybertron Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 1:11 am

Just watched the trailer.

We need dinosaur power now...
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Transformers: WFC sequel. Fall of Cybertron   Transformers: WFC sequel. Fall of Cybertron Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 1:32 am

Word is this might not have co-op in the SP like with the first game. It's not a huge detriment as we never never really did co-op much in the original, but it's still lame.

WFC's story mode was a really grand, fun, exciting adventure, and i don't doubt that they'll be able to match that experience, so it would have been really nice to actually go through it together this time.

Hopefully they'll change their minds.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Transformers: WFC sequel. Fall of Cybertron   Transformers: WFC sequel. Fall of Cybertron Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 5:52 am

Even if the CAC turns out meh(seems like you just put together a bot from parts of different existing Transformers), at least it's an ACTUAL one this time...
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Transformers: WFC sequel. Fall of Cybertron   Transformers: WFC sequel. Fall of Cybertron Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 2:50 pm

this looks amazing, although i'm 50/50 about it still.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Transformers: WFC sequel. Fall of Cybertron   Transformers: WFC sequel. Fall of Cybertron Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 3:32 pm

Me and Sora are totally gonna play the shit out of this when it comes out and I'd recommend you guys do too. The first game is a really fun game and it's also very true to Transformers. If the movies left you feeling disappointed (Like they did with everyone else) War for Cybertron and Fall of Cybertron are bound to make you see why people ever liked Transformers.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Transformers: WFC sequel. Fall of Cybertron   Transformers: WFC sequel. Fall of Cybertron Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 3:36 pm

Still bummed out over the loss of co-op during the story mode itself, though.

Anyway:

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/transformers-fall-of-cybertron-demo-details-revealed-xbox-360-and-ps3-july-31st/25471/

Quote :
IGN has revealed the details on the highly anticipated Transformers: Fall of Cybetron demo. It will be available on July 31st on Xbox Live and the PlayStation Network, and will feature two single-player missions, competitive multiplayer, and extensive character customization. Unfortunately there is no scheduled demo for PC.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Transformers: WFC sequel. Fall of Cybertron   Transformers: WFC sequel. Fall of Cybertron Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 2:51 pm

Gonna check out the demo now. Weeeeeeee.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Transformers: WFC sequel. Fall of Cybertron   Transformers: WFC sequel. Fall of Cybertron Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 5:08 pm

Sorry i hated this no chance of me getting it.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Transformers: WFC sequel. Fall of Cybertron   Transformers: WFC sequel. Fall of Cybertron Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 10:14 pm

'Kay.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Transformers: WFC sequel. Fall of Cybertron   Transformers: WFC sequel. Fall of Cybertron Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 3:56 am

Got the game(and the pre-order dlc, yay) and just wow. That first chapter as Optimus was a really fun, intense experience. Lengthy too. I love how much detail was put into it and how cinematic and grand everything feels, just as WFC did.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Transformers: WFC sequel. Fall of Cybertron   Transformers: WFC sequel. Fall of Cybertron Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 7:12 am

Using the DLC in MP is starting to become a bit of a burden. People keep asking me where I got it and if I could let them download G1 Prime n' Scoop off my account(not that it would work for most of these people even if I were stupid enough to indulge them anyway, being an Aussie player and all).
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Transformers: WFC sequel. Fall of Cybertron   Transformers: WFC sequel. Fall of Cybertron Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 1:23 pm

The demo wasn't terribly impressive. I grew up with g1 Transofrmers, but even the nostalgia doesn't get me excited for this I'm afraid.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Transformers: WFC sequel. Fall of Cybertron   Transformers: WFC sequel. Fall of Cybertron Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 1:40 pm

That's understandable. The demo only gives you a short tutorial and the first part of a level from the middle of the full game that's too large and not as engrossing as other potential levels they could have used for newcomers who wish to see what the game is like.

The full game is somewhat fun, though. The attention to detail, how the story unfolds around you in each chapter, and the great, cinematic sequences make for a really fun ride. The Cybertron games are not too unlike the Uncharted series, which has such a fine structure to it, raising the bar and going beyond just being your typical TPS by immersing you into the world with unique set pieces that keep it from getting tedious.

There are some issues I had, though. The co-op from the first game was sorely missed. I understand why it needed to go, and there are at times certain parts where the particular bot you're playing as needs to get by with their own unique abilities(such as a stealth cloak or grappling beams), but I really did miss the fun character interactions between partners and all the teamwork.

Also, there's a great lack of fun boss fights in this game. For an installment where the planet is going to hell and things are supposed to get hectic, there's really only three bosses in the entire campaign. True, the very last one is satisfying(not from a gameplay standpoint, but as a fan), but the other two aren't anything special.

And lastly, it's more of a personal gripe, but I feel that, while the game's set pieces are still grandiose and exciting, none are as exhilarating as the ones in the first game. Take the last boss of WFC for example. It consisted of Silverbolt, Air Raid and Jetfire infiltrating Trypticon(a Decepticon transformed into a giant space station), shooting their way through with a few heart-pounding flying sections, racing out of him as he attempts to transform into his T-Rex robot form, and then ends with you blasting the hell out of the bastard as he crash lands to Cybertron. If HMS ever makes another sequel, I hope it'll retain that level of excitement and grandeur.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Transformers: WFC sequel. Fall of Cybertron   Transformers: WFC sequel. Fall of Cybertron Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Transformers: WFC sequel. Fall of Cybertron
Page 1 of 1