Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Got a lot of music on your PS3? Like twin stick shooters? Buy Beat Hazard Ultra.

Go down 
+5
brandon
Skip
Neo
Ellis
A_Nonny_Moose
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Got a lot of music on your PS3? Like twin stick shooters? Buy Beat Hazard Ultra. Empty
PostSubject: Got a lot of music on your PS3? Like twin stick shooters? Buy Beat Hazard Ultra.   Got a lot of music on your PS3? Like twin stick shooters? Buy Beat Hazard Ultra. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 4:14 am

It's a twin stick shooter that with as many levels as you have music tracks. It tracks stuff like frequencies and tempo to trigger in-game events. It affects your rate of fire, enemy numbers, enemy patterns, boss encounters, and so forth. Which means every music track is it's own level, and each track plays the same every time. There's no campaign as far as I can tell, so the game really does count on you to have a decent selection of music.

It's very busy on screen, but you can adjust the visual intensity, which increases/lowers the amount of effects on the screen. It goes from 0% to 200%. 200% is ridiculous.

It has unlockable powerups, survival, multiplayer, boss rush, all that stuff. But I've only tried the demo so I can't say much about that.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

Got a lot of music on your PS3? Like twin stick shooters? Buy Beat Hazard Ultra. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got a lot of music on your PS3? Like twin stick shooters? Buy Beat Hazard Ultra.   Got a lot of music on your PS3? Like twin stick shooters? Buy Beat Hazard Ultra. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 4:18 am

Hmm I'm a big fan of twin stick shooters and this sounds really interesting. I'll check this out.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Got a lot of music on your PS3? Like twin stick shooters? Buy Beat Hazard Ultra.   Got a lot of music on your PS3? Like twin stick shooters? Buy Beat Hazard Ultra. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 4:19 am

If you don't have space on your PS3 for music/can't be bothered transferring it all this has been on PC for ages. You can use M&K or a dualshock/360 controller/any other gamepad.

It's a really good game, if you like music games at all you should probably get it.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Got a lot of music on your PS3? Like twin stick shooters? Buy Beat Hazard Ultra.   Got a lot of music on your PS3? Like twin stick shooters? Buy Beat Hazard Ultra. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 4:21 am

Do you know if it has to be on the PS3? I sometimes play music on my PS3 because it's hooked up to my speakers through my external HD. It'd be a lot better if I could just play it from the External HD than having to transfer it to the PS3.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Got a lot of music on your PS3? Like twin stick shooters? Buy Beat Hazard Ultra.   Got a lot of music on your PS3? Like twin stick shooters? Buy Beat Hazard Ultra. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 4:30 am

Judging from the demo it has to actually be on the PS3.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Got a lot of music on your PS3? Like twin stick shooters? Buy Beat Hazard Ultra.   Got a lot of music on your PS3? Like twin stick shooters? Buy Beat Hazard Ultra. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 5:53 am

It is a fair bit of fun though, I've had it on steam for a while now. I'd recommend it Ellis.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Got a lot of music on your PS3? Like twin stick shooters? Buy Beat Hazard Ultra.   Got a lot of music on your PS3? Like twin stick shooters? Buy Beat Hazard Ultra. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 6:09 am

I bought it. It's awesome.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Got a lot of music on your PS3? Like twin stick shooters? Buy Beat Hazard Ultra.   Got a lot of music on your PS3? Like twin stick shooters? Buy Beat Hazard Ultra. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 6:13 am

Playing through the Tekken 3 soundtrack. It's really cool that some tracks are noticeabl harder than others, and you can see how the enemy waves flow in time with the music and stuff. It's neat.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Got a lot of music on your PS3? Like twin stick shooters? Buy Beat Hazard Ultra.   Got a lot of music on your PS3? Like twin stick shooters? Buy Beat Hazard Ultra. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 7:01 am

this sound interesting. i'm assuming multiplayer is only offline though, right?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Got a lot of music on your PS3? Like twin stick shooters? Buy Beat Hazard Ultra.   Got a lot of music on your PS3? Like twin stick shooters? Buy Beat Hazard Ultra. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 7:03 am

It has online. Don't know how the custom music works online though.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Got a lot of music on your PS3? Like twin stick shooters? Buy Beat Hazard Ultra.   Got a lot of music on your PS3? Like twin stick shooters? Buy Beat Hazard Ultra. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 7:09 am

yeah, i thought custom tracks would be a problem. maybe the client can't hear the music. that's what happens in wwe when you use custom tracks for entrance music.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Got a lot of music on your PS3? Like twin stick shooters? Buy Beat Hazard Ultra.   Got a lot of music on your PS3? Like twin stick shooters? Buy Beat Hazard Ultra. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 7:10 am

On PC you just need to have the exact same song on your hard drive and it works fine. I mean literally the exact same file, Raz and I just downloaded from the same link.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Got a lot of music on your PS3? Like twin stick shooters? Buy Beat Hazard Ultra.   Got a lot of music on your PS3? Like twin stick shooters? Buy Beat Hazard Ultra. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 7:14 am

if that works for the ps3, that would be awesome
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Got a lot of music on your PS3? Like twin stick shooters? Buy Beat Hazard Ultra.   Got a lot of music on your PS3? Like twin stick shooters? Buy Beat Hazard Ultra. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 7:19 am

Also you guys don't know what rage is until this happens:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Got a lot of music on your PS3? Like twin stick shooters? Buy Beat Hazard Ultra.   Got a lot of music on your PS3? Like twin stick shooters? Buy Beat Hazard Ultra. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 7:22 am

Insane huh? I've just been playing on normal.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Got a lot of music on your PS3? Like twin stick shooters? Buy Beat Hazard Ultra.   Got a lot of music on your PS3? Like twin stick shooters? Buy Beat Hazard Ultra. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 7:27 am

I've had the game since May 2010 so unless I'm having a bad day normal doesn't really challenge me anymore, though given the nature of the game it does depend on the song somewhat.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Got a lot of music on your PS3? Like twin stick shooters? Buy Beat Hazard Ultra.   Got a lot of music on your PS3? Like twin stick shooters? Buy Beat Hazard Ultra. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 7:30 am

Oh by the way does the PS3 version include Classic mode? the Ultra DLC was only released earlier this year and it pretty much changed the entire game.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Got a lot of music on your PS3? Like twin stick shooters? Buy Beat Hazard Ultra.   Got a lot of music on your PS3? Like twin stick shooters? Buy Beat Hazard Ultra. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 7:47 am

Not as far as I can tell. It might be unlockable but I don't think so.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Got a lot of music on your PS3? Like twin stick shooters? Buy Beat Hazard Ultra.   Got a lot of music on your PS3? Like twin stick shooters? Buy Beat Hazard Ultra. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 9:43 am

What genres of music have you been playing?
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Got a lot of music on your PS3? Like twin stick shooters? Buy Beat Hazard Ultra.   Got a lot of music on your PS3? Like twin stick shooters? Buy Beat Hazard Ultra. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 10:11 am

Any genre will work, it scales to each song so that softer music doesn't leave you with boring gameplay.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Got a lot of music on your PS3? Like twin stick shooters? Buy Beat Hazard Ultra.   Got a lot of music on your PS3? Like twin stick shooters? Buy Beat Hazard Ultra. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 11:15 am

I remember Tenacious D was pretty fun.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Got a lot of music on your PS3? Like twin stick shooters? Buy Beat Hazard Ultra.   Got a lot of music on your PS3? Like twin stick shooters? Buy Beat Hazard Ultra. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 12:44 pm

And for three minutes it was the funkiest shoot 'em up I've ever played.
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: Got a lot of music on your PS3? Like twin stick shooters? Buy Beat Hazard Ultra.   Got a lot of music on your PS3? Like twin stick shooters? Buy Beat Hazard Ultra. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 8:53 pm

k, Imma have to buy this soon. Being stuck a random generic trance track, A demo version of Duane's Bionic Cammando, & Duke Nukem Manhattan Project's Theme (Which is only 57 secs long. lol) is a tad annoying. I wanna play through BrandO's music, His shit's all over the place.

Back to top Go down
http://thepit.forumotion.com/
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Got a lot of music on your PS3? Like twin stick shooters? Buy Beat Hazard Ultra.   Got a lot of music on your PS3? Like twin stick shooters? Buy Beat Hazard Ultra. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 2:47 am

i bought it and it crashed on me in a minute.....
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Got a lot of music on your PS3? Like twin stick shooters? Buy Beat Hazard Ultra.   Got a lot of music on your PS3? Like twin stick shooters? Buy Beat Hazard Ultra. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 2:51 am

i don't think this game likes my music it crashed again Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Got a lot of music on your PS3? Like twin stick shooters? Buy Beat Hazard Ultra.   Got a lot of music on your PS3? Like twin stick shooters? Buy Beat Hazard Ultra. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Got a lot of music on your PS3? Like twin stick shooters? Buy Beat Hazard Ultra.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next