Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Amazing Spider-Man

Go down 
+7
Skip
Baal
Ace
Zero
Dr. Chocolate
A_Nonny_Moose
Talking Sock
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Spider-Man   The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 3:16 pm

wub wub wub
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Spider-Man   The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 2:20 pm

So is this a beenox free roam game?

Because that in itself makes me intrigued
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Spider-Man   The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 2:52 pm

Yeah it's Beenox.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Spider-Man   The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 3:55 pm

Yeah, it's them
Why the awkward run on the bus @1:10?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Spider-Man   The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 3:52 pm

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Spider-Man   The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 4:56 pm

The legends were true. Stan Lee IS the real Spider-Man.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Spider-Man   The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 1:59 am

He's a pre-order exclusive.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Spider-Man   The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 5:22 am

Yes, I heard. Apparently you get some missions(or maybe just the one with him collecting pages for a script or whatever) for him as well, he even recorded some lines and such. This ain't just a cheap skin.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Spider-Man   The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 4:29 pm

Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Spider-Man   The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 4:17 am

Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Spider-Man   The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 8:06 pm

This looks like it's shaping up to be a really good game
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Spider-Man   The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 9:20 pm

Just to assure you I'm not making this up or joking about it, know that HeroHQ is the official Activision forums site, all links come from there

The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 3 Tumblr_m5xntdjjC91rz8bnjo1_500
Black Suit Spider-Man, movie version

The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 3 550578_10150873406889599_1751572667_n
Spider-Morphosis

The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 3 252283_10150873405984599_1756760836_n
Costume without belt, like the movie
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Spider-Man   The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 12:28 pm

Actually nabbed this today. Although, i've decided to wait until after I've seen the film first before I play it due to spoilers.

Let's see how long till I break, shall we?

Edit: Meh, was spoiled by idiots(although, at least the spoilers were kind of predictable) so I'm playin'.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Spider-Man   The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 9:01 am

Heh, the combat really is pretty Arkham Asylum/City-esque, only much simpler and less refined. There isn't a sense of rhythm or flow to it like in the Arkham games(where doing everything right would give you good results and feel rewarding, and doing everything wrong would just leave you open to attack), but it's still stylish and does its job okay. It's just that the direction they went with feels a little redundant when you can get by fine playing haphazardly and mashing your way through most of the time.

The swing mechanics are also pretty simple, and it did feel a little awkward at first, but using Web Rush to get around is pretty cool.

What I'm glad to see is some variety. Camera missions return, there's comic pages you collect throughout the city, random crimes, stealth segments during the story, and so on.

Overall, the game's far from perfect, but it's been pretty enjoyable so far, and much less tedious than WoS.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Spider-Man   The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 11:56 pm

I've heard that the game is pretty good, which I'm surprised to hear after everyone disliked Edge of Time so much. I also tried the 3DS demo and it was pretty fun so I' definitely getting this at some point.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Spider-Man   The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 9:21 pm

Quote :
I've heard that the game is pretty good, which I'm surprised to hear after everyone disliked Edge of Time so much.
EoT was hated by some basically for being confined to one area (I see that as a point of understandable disappointment, not hate) then the repetitive gameplay, and they head back to praise other games with high degree of repetition
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Spider-Man   The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 12:00 am

I Finished the story yesterday, have been going around collecting the stuff I missed in the in-door levels ever since. Funny how the things that I thought would be a little more obvious to find are actually hidden well, while the freaking 700 comic pages(which actually unlock a few issues of Spidey you can read in the Extras section) scattered around the city turned out to be ridiculously easy to search for before the story was even over.

Anyway, the game was certainly an overall fun experience, but it definitely needed some tweaks and polishing, especially when it came to the combat. That's the bane of being rushed to tie in for a movie, though. Still, I'd love to see how Beenox improves upon what they established here in future games as there's a lot of potential.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Spider-Man   The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 7:41 am

Elvis Presley wrote:
Quote :
I've heard that the game is pretty good, which I'm surprised to hear after everyone disliked Edge of Time so much.
EoT was hated by some basically for being confined to one area (I see that as a point of understandable disappointment, not hate) then the repetitive gameplay, and they head back to praise other games with high degree of repetition

EoT was hated because it was the exact same game as SD but removed a lot of what made people like SD, that being great villain interactions, the four Spider-Man dynamics and how differently each of their levels played, and it didn't really improve on the big complaints people had about SD and they felt the game actually downgraded.

From what I've heard the major problems with the ASM game are how most of the villains aren't that great even though their boss battles are fun and that the gameplay is like Arkham.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Spider-Man   The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 8:10 am

Mr. Baal wrote:
From what I've heard the major problems with the ASM game are how most of the villains aren't that great

That's sort of true. They're not bad villain picks, but the problem is we've already seen most of them in the past few games so it feels a little tired and unoriginal.

Spoiler:

The real tick off is how, in some of those photography missions, the unusual happenings in some areas you take pictures of hint at villains that Beenox may want to use in a sequel. Cooler villains that would have been nice to see in this game.

Quote :
even though their boss battles are fun.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEH. They're actually kind of meh. The majority of them share the same patterns and they're defeated easily. The exceptions are the fights against Smythe's machines, which are pretty intense(although not that much harder) and badass.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Spider-Man   The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 7:40 pm

Playing this game now, completed chapter 3
Man, boss fights being too basic and mindless is believable here, at least when it comes to that Rhino fight. Wonder how will boss fights be seen in light of this comment
The S-01 Spider-Slayer fight is decent fun
Whitney Chang is stupid, staying in the line of fire waiting to be saved, what a moron
Combat is fun
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Spider-Man   The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 10:24 pm

Wish those two street fight missions against Rhino and Scorpion were replayable
Wish a New Game+ feature was added to this game to replay with all upgrades
Man, camera challenges with that Extreme Reporter are kinda painful
At least costumes staying with the new game is nice, same goes for everything else unlocked

I will say this is the most fun I had in a few years, faced some bugs, but not gameplay hindering kind, and not many, so I'm pleased
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Spider-Man   The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 11:18 pm

Do you have to trick any of the bosses into running into a wall?
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Spider-Man   The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 11:37 pm

Rhino is a boss in this game, that should give you a hint.

Although, they do change it up when you fight him a second time. Instead of having Rhino run into trucks and walls, you have to quickly make a web between two posts as he runs at you to trap him instead.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Spider-Man   The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 4:10 pm

I enjoyed this game more than I expected I would, even during replay, I anticipated to get bored by it
I'll probably get the sequel

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Amazing Spider-Man   The Amazing Spider-Man - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Amazing Spider-Man
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3