Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix comments.

Go down 
+3
Talking Sock
Neo
Baal
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix comments. Empty
PostSubject: Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix comments.   Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix comments. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 11:23 am

Okay, I've been playing this for a while on proud and it was largely the same until I found Zexion's absent silhouette and decided to fight. I have yet to beat him because he is one of the most poorly designed bosses I have ever seen. The entire gimmick of his fight is to trap you in the Lexicon, which would be alright if the Lexicon world wasn't gimmicked to all hell. Not only are books fucking everywhere making it nigh impossible to dodge them but your controls are replaced with commands that give you health, money, drive, magic and what have you but only two commands are actually going to help you win. One of which destroys all of Zexion's books for about 3 seconds and the other one gives you back your controls. However you get these abilities in a random through a few pages of commands which you press triangle to flip through. Zexion also has a super power fire attack that he doesn't telegraph well so it comes out of nowhere and kills you and finally, he has the stupid spotlight thing which is based entirely on guessing where he's going to land. You have a 1/3 chance of getting it right and failing it gets you hit with meteors.

Jesus christ, I hope the other silhouettes aren't this bad.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix comments.   Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix comments. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 12:17 pm

Why aren't you playing on Critical?
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix comments.   Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix comments. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 12:18 pm

Real men play it on Critical with EXP Zero equipped.

And yeah, the other silhouettes are pretty unexciting boss fights.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix comments.   Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix comments. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 4:10 pm

Neo wrote:
Why aren't you playing on Critical?

I wanted to get a feel for the new bosses before I go into critical.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix comments.   Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix comments. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 4:22 pm

This is a joke topic right? You guys don't actually play Kingdom Hearts
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix comments.   Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix comments. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 4:30 pm

lol says the guy who likes FFXIII
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix comments.   Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix comments. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 4:31 pm

I can't wait to fight Lexaeus, from the videos I've seen, his looks like just straight up fun.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix comments.   Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix comments. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 4:38 pm

Hey hey. At least FFXIII has hotties in it.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix comments.   Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix comments. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 4:39 pm

Larxene and Yuffie are in this game too, I'll have you know.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix comments.   Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix comments. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 4:43 pm

Oh and I guess all of Org XIII counts since they all look like chicks.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix comments.   Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix comments. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 5:51 pm

Alright, I'm going to have to deal with Zexion later, this battle is too fucked right now for me to do with the health I have. I should just come back and try everytime I finish a new world. Most likely after I get wisdom so I can use Quick Run and his spotlights become less random chance.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix comments.   Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix comments. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 6:38 pm

Can't you get dodge roll in FM+? That's gotta be better than quick run, except for Sephiroth I guess.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix comments.   Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix comments. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 6:50 pm

You don't get dodge roll until you get the Limit Form which I don't think I get for a long time. Plus, Dodge Run is meant to be more of a quick dash which I need for this fight more than dodge roll.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix comments.   Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix comments. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 7:42 pm

I like quick run better than dodge roll for the most part. They're both handy anyway.
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix comments.   Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix comments. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 8:06 pm

Dodge Roll is good for dodging, Quick Run is good for closing distance between you and your enemy.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix comments.   Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix comments. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 8:46 pm

Levelling up Wisdom Form is ridiculously annoying to do at the beginning of the game.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix comments.   Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix comments. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 9:31 pm

And he goes down like a bitch after I get Quick Run, what a shock.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix comments.   Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix comments. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 10:30 pm

Baal wrote:
Dodge Roll is good for dodging, Quick Run is good for closing distance between you and your enemy.

Quick Run does a pretty good job at dodging as well. i.e Sephiroth's meteor rain.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix comments.   Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix comments. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 10:31 pm

Sephiroth's meteor rain goes in a specific area, of course it's easy to dodge with just about anything.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix comments.   Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix comments. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 10:32 pm

At Port Royal now, apparently Larxene's Absent Silhouette is in Isla De Muerta.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix comments.   Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix comments. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 3:32 am

Alright, Larxene's kicking my ass but her fight is fun unlike Zexion's so I'm willing to not bitch about it. Anyways, it's nice to see that Christmas Town finally has some semblance of individuality instead of just being another place inside Halloweentown.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix comments.   Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix comments. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 6:53 am

Not related to KH2 FM but The Unknown boss from BBS FM is one of the best boss fights I have ever played in a video game.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix comments.   Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix comments. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 8:31 am

Zero wrote:
Baal wrote:

Quick Run does a pretty good job at dodging as well. i.e Sephiroth's meteor rain.

Know what's even better? Limit Form. Limit Form makes Sephiroth your bitch.

Baal wrote:
Not related to KH2 FM but The Unknown boss from BBS FM is one of the best boss fights I have ever played in a video game.

That's because they weakened his rape rope(which was originally totally broken for us and made the experience a lot more luck-based and annoying despite the easy fight pattern). Apparently even SE thought it was too retarded for the Japs to be subjected to.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix comments.   Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix comments. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 1:56 pm

It's a really fun boss fight that's intense, I probably would've spent all night playing it had I not had to sleep/
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix comments.   Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix comments. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 2:50 pm

I wish they would have released BBS on PS3 and same with 3D.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix comments.   Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix comments. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix comments.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next