Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Did you bet on Duke?

Go down 
+10
Golden Boy
Superbuu3
Skip
Kaio
Haseoviawesome
Eevil-Psycho
Mewmaster
Ellis
A_Nonny_Moose
Baal
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

Did you bet on Duke? - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did you bet on Duke?   Did you bet on Duke? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 4:34 pm

They should watch Angel and see hwo angst created the best character of all time.
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: Did you bet on Duke?   Did you bet on Duke? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 11:39 pm

Rockstar_Leviathan wrote:
Watching a Let's Play on YouTube (mykittycontroller if you wanna watch as well.), Looks like what you'd expect. One Liners, Guns, Aliens, Steroids, & A GImmicky Section where you have to drive an RC Truck around an obstacle course to get a battery to a generator.

...I think Imma just watch all of the Let's Play and just never get the game. lol

Man, Fuck mykittycontroller. PBat's doing a thing on it. Much better.

Back to top Go down
http://thepit.forumotion.com/
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Did you bet on Duke?   Did you bet on Duke? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 6:56 pm

SO is this worth £7?
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net

PostSubject: Re: Did you bet on Duke?   Did you bet on Duke? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 7:21 pm

It's pretty shit in all honesty and it might even seem like a waste to buy this... But you HAVE to play Duke Nukem Forever. Just because.

Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Did you bet on Duke?   Did you bet on Duke? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 7:40 pm

Babby wrote:
It's pretty shit in all honesty and it might even seem like a waste to buy this... But you HAVE to play Duke Nukem Forever. Just because.

So you think i should?
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Did you bet on Duke?   Did you bet on Duke? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 7:50 pm

as previously mentioned, I think it's a great game. it's what you'd expect out of a Duke Nukem game.

the reason people think it's crap is because it still has that old mechanics to it like Duke Nukem 3D and other 90's shooters. there's nothing really wrong with it, but i take it people want to play something new instead of something they have played in the 90's with better graphics..

I'm personally not bothered with it, the only thing bothersome about this game is that it keeps freezing at one point for me, so I can't finish it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did you bet on Duke?   Did you bet on Duke? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 7:53 pm

You're right. There's a difference between mediocrity and shit. This game is just flat out mediocre, completely outdated compared to everything else, and riddled with glitches. But does that make it complete shit? Probably... Okay, so it's shit not matter which way I try to wrap it.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Did you bet on Duke?   Did you bet on Duke? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 2:11 pm

It went under a fiver so i decided to pick it up i wonder if its really that bad.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Did you bet on Duke?   Did you bet on Duke? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 2:29 pm

well, if my opinion is worth anything, as previously mentioned, it really isn't that bad if you can accept the fact that in essence it's still a 90's game.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Did you bet on Duke?   Did you bet on Duke? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 11:10 pm

Eevil-Psycho wrote:
well, if my opinion is worth anything, as previously mentioned, it really isn't that bad if you can accept the fact that in essence it's still a 90's game.
I'm not bothered by old school gameplay is the colour scheme ok, as i hate drab colours.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Did you bet on Duke?   Did you bet on Duke? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 11:26 pm

Eevil-Psycho wrote:
it really isn't that bad if you can accept the fact that in essence it's still a 90's game.
This is not the reason why people hated DNF, nor is it actually true. The thing that makes it a bad game is how much of a mess it is. There are parts that feel like a 90's FPS and yet there are parts that feel like Halo. There is no sense of identity and you can tell with ease that development changed hands (not to mention eras) multiple times. There are awful platforming segments that have no right being in any game ever. The jokes are all in bad taste, are not funny at all and often cross the line from the old Duke's stupidity to straight up sexism and discrimination.

That is why Duke Nukem Forever is a bad game.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Did you bet on Duke?   Did you bet on Duke? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 10:55 am

while all of that may be true, it was entertaining to play and it didn't bore me for a second, so I don't think I can call it a bad game. I had fun playing it, and that's what matters to me.

the only gripe I have with it, as previously mentioned is that I ran into a bug/game freeze and I can't continue the game anymore, cause it keeps happening at the same time..
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Did you bet on Duke?   Did you bet on Duke? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 1:13 pm

In all fairness I did find the initial comments when you draw on the whiteboard fucking hilarious.

The only really problem I have is the awful platforming, climbing that statue was tedious. I do really like the interactivity with the world right at the beginning, but i bet this will disappear, as it was fairly basic, but some nice touches.

I can't really comment if its bad or good at this point, some bits were dull or felt dragged out. I don't think i've got to the offensive parts of the game, well nothing more then i see on tv in general.

The game kinda comes off as a really immature sense of humour, but people will like this so how can I really criticise it for not being funny. I always hated family guy but people love that show.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Did you bet on Duke?   Did you bet on Duke? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 5:15 pm

This game's character models are so fucking ugly that just playing the stripper level will give you an STD.

On a more serious note this game is shit, I have no idea why platforming is in an FPS. The lack of really having a clue what you are supposed to do at certain points is not fun, its stupid. It means i just start shooting stuff to work out whats interactive.

More importantly the humour just seems to get shitter as the game progresses and I just find it annoying, environments are bland levels are so dark you can't see shit at times, the NVG just basically gives you a negative view so when its so black i can't see i'm just blinded by white.

Enemies do too much damage, there's no real indication what enemies are doing, it took me a while to realise shotting ceetain enemies with explosives results in them throing them back at you for a one hit kill.

Yes curiosity got the better of me and i wasted time on an awful game. I'll probably play it a bit more till something kills me and i think its just too annoying a death to warrant continuing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Did you bet on Duke?   Did you bet on Duke? - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Did you bet on Duke?
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6