Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

As streets of rage 2 is officially the greatest game ever and we'll all have it soon enough

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

As streets of rage 2 is officially the greatest game ever and we'll all have it soon enough Empty
PostSubject: As streets of rage 2 is officially the greatest game ever and we'll all have it soon enough   As streets of rage 2 is officially the greatest game ever and we'll all have it soon enough Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 7:53 pm

I suggest we partake in some kind of challenge. As i'm really not competitive at all. The challenge is to see who can get the closest to the end of Streets of rage 2 on Mania difficulty with me as there partner.

Conditions:
*My character will be chosen by whoever i'm playing with
*Cheats will be enabled allowing 9 lives per continue (5 lives per continue on hardest if for some reason mania mode is inacessible)
*Multiple attempts are allowed, but only one individual run can be counted for all the different categories (these will be listed below)

Things you need to know about the game:
*Mania mode is basically impossible, I don't think i've ever beaten the final boss on this difficulty setting
*Health bar and enemy number count increase heavily in two player mode
*Extra lives are got at the following scores 20,000, 50,000, 100,000, 150,000, 250,000, etc.

What we'll be rating:
*Highest team score, scores for each continue and both players will be combined, this means that playing tactically to maximise team lives will be a good idea.
*Team Survival: 1st life lost for the team, furthest alive with both players
*Buu's survival: My first life lost, furthest i'm in the game for
*Individual survival: First life lost, furthest you're in game for

On top of this special mentions will be made for all notable playing characteristics. I will try to be as offensive as possible.

So who's up for it?
Any additional ideas for ways of rating players just say.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

As streets of rage 2 is officially the greatest game ever and we'll all have it soon enough Empty
PostSubject: Re: As streets of rage 2 is officially the greatest game ever and we'll all have it soon enough   As streets of rage 2 is officially the greatest game ever and we'll all have it soon enough Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 7:57 pm

I'm up for it, but why would you be everyone's partner? Is it cuz you are a handicap?
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: As streets of rage 2 is officially the greatest game ever and we'll all have it soon enough   As streets of rage 2 is officially the greatest game ever and we'll all have it soon enough Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 8:01 pm

Ellis wrote:
I'm up for it, but why would you be everyone's partner? Is it cuz you are a handicap?
So there's less variables and i want to play this a lot.

Feel free to try and get further then me with someone else though, but i know this game pretty well so i doubt you'd find someone better to co-op with then me. Unless someone else here played this to death aside from you and me. Chou seems to be unnaturally good at stuff to.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: As streets of rage 2 is officially the greatest game ever and we'll all have it soon enough   As streets of rage 2 is officially the greatest game ever and we'll all have it soon enough Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 8:10 pm

Alright. I though you'd just be running around taking all the health and attacking the players by throwing weapons or grabbing them at the most inopportune times haha.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: As streets of rage 2 is officially the greatest game ever and we'll all have it soon enough   As streets of rage 2 is officially the greatest game ever and we'll all have it soon enough Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 8:13 pm

Ellis wrote:
Alright. I though you'd just be running around taking all the health and attacking the players by throwing weapons or grabbing them at the most inopportune times haha.
Assuming everyones on mics i'll let them decide what health or weapons i take, plus i know where the secret extra lives are, even to those new to the game as well as all the moves.

Besides seeing as how many more enemies you need for 2 player if someone runs round and grabs everything the team will die pretty quick. Ultimately though i think it all comes down to how well we all do against abadede, seeing as him and shiva (sometimes) are where you lose most of your lives.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: As streets of rage 2 is officially the greatest game ever and we'll all have it soon enough   As streets of rage 2 is officially the greatest game ever and we'll all have it soon enough Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 9:12 pm

Even with this I'd still like to play and actually beat *mania mode. I've never done it and the furthest I've ever made it is to the cargo ship. Mainly for the reason you stated above. I got past abedede (fuck the elevator in general) only to have no lives left and on screw up against a jetpack dude of get crushed by bear at the end of the level.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: As streets of rage 2 is officially the greatest game ever and we'll all have it soon enough   As streets of rage 2 is officially the greatest game ever and we'll all have it soon enough Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 9:29 pm

Ellis wrote:
Even with this I'd still like to play and actually beat *mania mode. I've never done it and the furthest I've ever made it is to the cargo ship. Mainly for the reason you stated above. I got past abedede (fuck the elevator in general) only to have no lives left and on screw up against a jetpack dude of get crushed by bear at the end of the level.
Who do you normally play as?

On the boat are you dying before R. Bear or is it him that finishes you off. Stage 6 is where i start having real trouble because there's a lot of those kickboxers, Stage 7 elevator is ludicrous on mania as well, thats not even considering the 4 robots you fight at the top. Honestly there is a considerable amount of luck involved, as Abadede can be a real ass sometimes eating up a good few lives. Also due to the massive amount of damage some moves do you might keep just missing health.
Back to top Go down
SSMG
Baroque Works Agent
SSMG

PostSubject: Re: As streets of rage 2 is officially the greatest game ever and we'll all have it soon enough   As streets of rage 2 is officially the greatest game ever and we'll all have it soon enough Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 9:31 pm

Is street of Rage two the one with the kid on roller blades or was that number one?
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: As streets of rage 2 is officially the greatest game ever and we'll all have it soon enough   As streets of rage 2 is officially the greatest game ever and we'll all have it soon enough Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 9:32 pm

SSMG wrote:
Is street of Rage two the one with the kid on roller blades or was that number one?
Skates is in two and three, he's pretty useless on mania.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: As streets of rage 2 is officially the greatest game ever and we'll all have it soon enough   As streets of rage 2 is officially the greatest game ever and we'll all have it soon enough Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 9:43 pm

Usually Axel. Sometimes Blaze or Maz but never on mania have i tried anyone Axel. The few times I've gotten to the cargo ship bear and the boxer ends that run. its just the fact that I can't keep my health up enough through the level to beat those two at the end in one life.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: As streets of rage 2 is officially the greatest game ever and we'll all have it soon enough   As streets of rage 2 is officially the greatest game ever and we'll all have it soon enough Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 9:51 pm

Ellis wrote:
Usually Axel. Sometimes Blaze or Maz but never on mania have i tried anyone Axel. The few times I've gotten to the cargo ship bear and the boxer ends that run. its just the fact that I can't keep my health up enough through the level to beat those two at the end in one life.

This solo or 2-player? If you're used to playing single player or a really bad partner I should get us to stage 6. I'll be buying this most likely even after the PS+ subscription ends anyways. So we can play till we get through to the end.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: As streets of rage 2 is officially the greatest game ever and we'll all have it soon enough   As streets of rage 2 is officially the greatest game ever and we'll all have it soon enough Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 9:57 pm

a couple of runs both single and 2-p. One time my friend was Max and I was Axel and we were able to get to the boss, both with 2 lives each and we just laid an egg. Is it mic enabled? if not that can make things very difficult.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: As streets of rage 2 is officially the greatest game ever and we'll all have it soon enough   As streets of rage 2 is officially the greatest game ever and we'll all have it soon enough Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 10:02 pm

I'm making the assumption it is otherwise sega would be really retarded but seeing as gunstar heroes was i suspect streets of rage ahould be to.

You have to be really good to use Max properly, the main problem i have with him is when your grabbing it can leave you open but he is a serious boss killer. I normally use Axel but i can play as blaze decently enough and I can take out bosses with max my general game with him sucks though. I don't even touch Skate considering every single one of his moves leaves him open to die in mania as well as doing fuck all damage.
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: As streets of rage 2 is officially the greatest game ever and we'll all have it soon enough   As streets of rage 2 is officially the greatest game ever and we'll all have it soon enough Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 10:10 pm

Meh, I'll give this a go.

I claim Blaze though.
Back to top Go down
http://thepit.forumotion.com/
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: As streets of rage 2 is officially the greatest game ever and we'll all have it soon enough   As streets of rage 2 is officially the greatest game ever and we'll all have it soon enough Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 10:12 pm

Rockstar_Bahamut wrote:

I claim Blaze though.
Have you ever played mania?

I remember you saying you play everythingon easy.
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: As streets of rage 2 is officially the greatest game ever and we'll all have it soon enough   As streets of rage 2 is officially the greatest game ever and we'll all have it soon enough Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 10:50 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
Rockstar_Bahamut wrote:

I claim Blaze though.
Have you ever played mania?

I remember you saying you play everythingon easy.

Meh, I've been upping my gaming though. (Hard Corps: Uprising, Mega Man 9, etc.)
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: As streets of rage 2 is officially the greatest game ever and we'll all have it soon enough   As streets of rage 2 is officially the greatest game ever and we'll all have it soon enough Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 10:52 pm

Well thats the attitude if you kick ass with blaze should make things easier.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: As streets of rage 2 is officially the greatest game ever and we'll all have it soon enough   As streets of rage 2 is officially the greatest game ever and we'll all have it soon enough Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 4:44 am

I got the game. Lets fuck shit up sometime.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: As streets of rage 2 is officially the greatest game ever and we'll all have it soon enough   As streets of rage 2 is officially the greatest game ever and we'll all have it soon enough Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 2:05 am

VICTORY!!! After a grueling gauntlet of frustration, I finally got that 800K points on Hardcore mode trophy. It is honestly one of my greatest video game achievments. I have been playing it for like 12 hours the past 3 days and I was able to do it. Hazah!!
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: As streets of rage 2 is officially the greatest game ever and we'll all have it soon enough   As streets of rage 2 is officially the greatest game ever and we'll all have it soon enough Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 2:07 am

Ellis wrote:
VICTORY!!! After a grueling gauntlet of frustration, I finally got that 800K points on Hardcore mode trophy. It is honestly one of my greatest video game achievments. I have been playing it for like 12 hours the past 3 days and I was able to do it. Hazah!!

Great, Next you should go for "Make Them Pay" from Hard Crops: Uprising. You have to go through Arcade Mode and beat it.....WITHOUT GETTING HIT, NOT EVEN ONCE! =O
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: As streets of rage 2 is officially the greatest game ever and we'll all have it soon enough   As streets of rage 2 is officially the greatest game ever and we'll all have it soon enough Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 2:11 am

As fun as that sounds my controller needs a break from anything frustrating now. It was nearly destroyed in our quest.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: As streets of rage 2 is officially the greatest game ever and we'll all have it soon enough   As streets of rage 2 is officially the greatest game ever and we'll all have it soon enough Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 3:01 pm

Ellis wrote:
Was that single player?

Did you complete it on one continue? I actually haven't attempted this hats off to you though. I might try it now.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: As streets of rage 2 is officially the greatest game ever and we'll all have it soon enough   As streets of rage 2 is officially the greatest game ever and we'll all have it soon enough Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 3:15 pm

Yea one continue. I cheated a bit and used save states at the beginning of each level (honestly doesn't make it that much easier).

If you don't have 6 lives built up by the stage 7 elevator bit then there is no way to do it. First time I got to stage 7 with only 2 lives and the game just literally laughed at me. The best I could od on the elvator + end of the stage was dying 4 times.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: As streets of rage 2 is officially the greatest game ever and we'll all have it soon enough   As streets of rage 2 is officially the greatest game ever and we'll all have it soon enough Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 3:18 pm

Oh stage 7 elevator is ridiculous, yeah i might try this later sounds like a decent challenge to prove my skills on. Did you use Axel?
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: As streets of rage 2 is officially the greatest game ever and we'll all have it soon enough   As streets of rage 2 is officially the greatest game ever and we'll all have it soon enough Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 3:20 pm

Yes I used Axel. After a few times of making it pretty far only to get my ass kicked I switched to Max but grand uppercut is a must for so many different enemies that I had to switch back.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: As streets of rage 2 is officially the greatest game ever and we'll all have it soon enough   As streets of rage 2 is officially the greatest game ever and we'll all have it soon enough Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

As streets of rage 2 is officially the greatest game ever and we'll all have it soon enough
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next