Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sora play's Okamiden

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

Sora play's Okamiden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sora play's Okamiden   Sora play's Okamiden Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 2:56 am

Just got it. I'm gonna play it a little later. I also have the neat celestial brush stylus since I pre-ordered the game.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Sora play's Okamiden   Sora play's Okamiden Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 3:00 am

SOK wrote:
Capcom still owns the rights to Okami. Most of clover's members if not all became Platinum Games(who are the ones developing that Bayonetta game or whatever and some other games).

I assume the team developing this one is the team who did the wii port of the ps2 game.
Wait wtf i did not know this.

You mean the team behind Viewtiful Joe and God Hand are working on Anarchy reigns... Shit just got real.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Sora play's Okamiden   Sora play's Okamiden Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 3:01 am

You didn't know all this time? I am shocked, SHOCKED! Well, not that shocked.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Sora play's Okamiden   Sora play's Okamiden Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 3:04 am

SOK wrote:
You didn't know all this time? I am shocked, SHOCKED! Well, not that shocked.
I'm sure nonny mentioned something about the original DMC guy working on bayonetta and some guys from capcom but i never realised he meant clover studios, but shit this is awesome.

Shit i might even pick up vanquish now as well.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Sora play's Okamiden   Sora play's Okamiden Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 3:07 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
SOK wrote:
Capcom still owns the rights to Okami. Most of clover's members if not all became Platinum Games(who are the ones developing that Bayonetta game or whatever and some other games).

I assume the team developing this one is the team who did the wii port of the ps2 game.
Wait wtf i did not know this.

You mean the team behind Viewtiful Joe and God Hand are working on Anarchy reigns... Shit just got real.
They made Vanquish and Mad World as well. That's one of the reasons why I think Anarchy Reigns is so promising.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Sora play's Okamiden   Sora play's Okamiden Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 5:11 am

Game looks nice and plays fairly like the original. Just ran into Susano's son.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Sora play's Okamiden   Sora play's Okamiden Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 5:24 am

Does not having an analogue stick have any impact on the game?
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Sora play's Okamiden   Sora play's Okamiden Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 5:25 am

Nah. The controls don't feel annoying as I thought they would be.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Sora play's Okamiden   Sora play's Okamiden Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 3:36 am

Ammy's son isn't the only new godly child on the block too. All the deities' children give you their powers this time. Anyway, I have to head to Ryoshima Coast now, probably have to go through a lot of stuff before I get there.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Sora play's Okamiden   Sora play's Okamiden Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 3:44 am

is there anything new/different yet?
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Sora play's Okamiden   Sora play's Okamiden Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 3:52 am

It's pretty much like the original game, except on DS and has a new story(obviously). There's some new gameplay gimmicks like having a partner like Susano's son who you together with in battles and in dungeons(like having him get off you and guiding him to some button to activate/deactivate obstables and so forth). There's also some village where you can invite people and animals to help populate it and such.

It's a pretty solid action/adventure game, definitely for fans of the original Okami.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Sora play's Okamiden   Sora play's Okamiden Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 9:03 am

I'm in Sei'an City now helping some little twat. Lotsa crazy stuff happened.

Had to go through Agata Forest and save a mermaid from some demon market(similar to a segment in the original game, you have to draw two masks for Chibi and Kuni to disguise themselves). Then Kuni was kidnapped by a giant catfish(unrelated to Whopper from the first game) and I had to go through some nutty water dungeon with the mermaid to rescue 'im.

After kicking his ass and some crazy cutscenes, I washed up on Ryoshima Coast. I bloomed another sapling, un-cursed it and now, as I said before, I'm in the city with my new partner being a little girl.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Sora play's Okamiden   Sora play's Okamiden Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 6:36 am

'Kay and I helped that little girl in the city, then I partnered up with a dude named Kurow who looks like Waka from the first game. As suspected, he's from the Moon Tribe. I headed off to North Ryoshima Coast to defeat a fellow called King Fury in some ruins, but there's lightning blocking some parts in the dungeon. At one point, you find some wings and Kurow decides to use them to fly up to...stop...the lightning somehow.

Unfortunately, the wind was not on their side and Kurow and Chibi are both blown away, landing in Agata Forest. Apparently their wings were found by some demon and then I had to head back to the Demon Market. I had to draw two new disguise masks for the pair, so I drew 'em both up like Jay n' Silent Bob for shits. We headed in and got the wings back plus new celestial brush wind powers. The Bitch Queen whom I defeated in the market before noticed the two after they were stupid enough to accidentally blow their masks of the their new wind magic.

A cart chase mini-game ensues which was a pretty interesting new treat in an Okami game. But the fun doesn't stop there as after they escaped, another mini-game begins where Kurow flies you into the sky to get to the Thundercloud causing all that nonsense at the ruins. You have to blow wind in the opposite direction of the gale force wind trying to stop you from reaching there. needless to say, it was an easy task and now I'm there.

Wee.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Sora play's Okamiden   Sora play's Okamiden Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 5:38 am

Woo wee. Lotsa crazy stuff happened again.

Firstly, Chibi got his thunder powers and got a drum that enables him to pass through the electrical barriers that blocked you in the ruins originally. Then we reach King Fury who's trying to activate some mechanical giant. After you stop him, you exorcise the evil spirit possessing him, revealing the good natured moon tribe member Sugawara who can finally rest in peace.

Meanwhile an inventor named Gen is working on some contraption back in the city. While you wait for him to complete his work, you go off and complete this little arc revolving around a sick little girl. After that, you return to Sugawara's grave, where Kurow was tending to. An evil spirit pops up, similar to the ones which seem to escape the bodies of the bosses you defeat and reveals himself to be a being called Akuro. He explains that he is incomplete and needs Orochi's blood and a vessel to be complete.

After that mess, the gang heads back to Gen's place where he unveils his new invention made by from the blueprints found in the ruins. It turns out to be a time machine, which is convenient for the heroes as they assume that Akuro has escaped to the past, where Orochi still lives...We don't know how, he just did.

Kurow and Chibi step into the machine and go back 9 months prior to the present where the original Okami game takes place. They wind up on some ship(the same one which will fall victim to the Water Dragon later) and meet with the captain who is able to summon the queen of the Dragon Palace. She turns into a water dragon and takes you to a shrine which can explain more about Akuro's ambitions and where he'll strike next. Kurow was too much of a pussy to go as he's afraid of water so Nanami, the mermaid you originally met in Agata Forest in the present will help you(this explains why she claimed she actually knew Chibi early in the game).

You head for the shrine and find a mallet(the same Lucky Mallet from the first game) that shrinks you so you can actually head inside. After dealing with some stupid raging girl and her love-crazy creation, you reach this jewel that explains that Akuro attempted to use Yami as a vessel before, but needs to a vessel of light to truely become all powerful. Waka turns out to be that vessel and he's off to the Moon Cave where Ammy, Kushi and Susano are currently dealing with that whole Orochi mess from the first game. There, he can nab both Waka and salvage Orochi's blood once Ammy kills him.

After learning such information, you leave and return to the ship. Evil spirits have taken over and you need to quickly get rid of them, nothing too difficult. Once they're done for, Chibi and Kurow hand the mallet over to the captain who promises to keep it for them once he reaches the city. But unfortunately, who should arrive but none other than the King in his raging Water Dragon form to sink the ship like history intended! Luckily, Chibi and Kurow escape while the shipmates aren't so fortunate! A funny little note about this situation is that it's thanks to Chibi's messing with time that the mallet was on the ship in the first place in the original game. Which means Ammy would have never even found it if it wasn't for her son!

Kurow flies Chibi to the Moon Cave and runs into Susano who's at the entrance, preparing to go inside. Just before he attempts to find the courage, something is floating in the water. It turns out it's your old friend Kuni(who's naked for some reason) and this is how he came to be adopted by Susano after he rescues him from drowning.

Now it's off to deal with this Orochi business!
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Sora play's Okamiden   Sora play's Okamiden Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 9:20 am

Well, watching(and helping a little) Orochi get owned and seeing Ammy again was nice. Akuro popped up after the old game's gang left. After being stopped by Chibi and Kurow, he escaped and has lept back into time again, this time 100 years earlier in Nagi's time. Kurow leaves for personal reasons and you run into some fat fellow. His mother was kidnapped and taken to the Moon Cave but to get it, you'll need to take down the magic barrier. Some demon chick comes out and heads for some cave that apparently has exactly what you need to get rid of that barrier.

Also as I suspected, Shiranui is a dude. Apparently he was frozen in ice for some reason so you had to free him after fighting some piss easy boss(wonder if this means that if it wasn't for you, he wouldn't have showed up to help Nagi, we'll wait n' see). Now I got the amber needed to dispel the magical force blocking the Moon Cave and I'll be heading in to finish the game later.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Sora play's Okamiden   Sora play's Okamiden Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 5:56 am

Kay. Finally bothered to come back and finish the game. First off, I rescued the fat kid's mother and Kurow came back to join you. Then you help Nagi finish off True Orochi afterwards. Right on time, Akuro pops up and causes some rubble to fall on Nagi. Luckily, your grandpa Shiranui pops up to save him. Unfortunately, he becomes injured and Akuro succeeds in getting Orochi's blood. Just as he starts to leave, Kurow leaves you again to go after him.

Later on, everyone gathers at the village to take care of Shiranui, but some huge blast from Akuro tries to destroy everyone. Shiranui suddenly leaps and stops the attack but ends up dying in the process. Isshaku, pissed at such a disaster, joins Chibi to go face and defeat Akuro once and for all. Once they go back to the Moon Cave they find Kuni of all people who is possessed by Akuro, with Kurow working for him! He then sends the pair into some space-y dimension place and challenges them to face past bosses(similar to the end of the first game).

As Chibi isn't powerful enough to face them all on his own, Isshaku pulls out of his ass a random as hell idea, split time and space to summon your past partners! You manage to do just that and thus begins a long line of tedious stages. Each partner is split up and waiting for you on a platform far off in each area surrounded by other platforms. You have to battle a bunch of demons until you get to them and then battle more until you get back to the main platform to face an old poss and get to the next area.

After doing this 3 times, you reach the last of the old bosses, King Fury. After kicking his ass, a showdown begins between you and your old pal Kurow who tries to go Darth Maul on us with his double-bladed flute-laser sword. After you defeat him, he explains how he was running away from his true task and that he decided to join Akuro because he's too much of a pussy. Then he rambles on like the generic anime emo he is about how he's always alone and so forth.

After that, it's time to finally face Akuro. First you face him in his ghastly form and his taken out easily. Then you fight him while he's taken possession of Kuni riding on a DARK CHIBITERASU. =O

After that final boss battle, Kurow offers to be Akuro's new vessel, but little the big demon know, Kurow's true task was to trap Akuro inside him as he was a doll created by Waka to seal him for good. Kurow pleads for you to finish him off while he contains the evil being and that's exactly what you do. Then you get a little cliche scene(on the level of cheesiness you'd find in a freaking KH game) about how Kurow was never truly alone and how every friend Chibi has made is all connected and bla bla bla, that very gay ass anime bullshit we've already seen a million times.

He then finally dies and everyone mourns. A while later, Chibi and Kuni go back home to Kamiki Village. There, Kuni tells Susano and Kushi that he wants to go find out who he really is and where he came from. Susano gets all emotional and pissy about it but decides to let him go and that he, Kushi and their unborn child will be waiting for him to return someday. Kuni then goes off on his own while Issun pops up in a little flying saucer made by Gen from blueprints he was looking for in those ruins from a while back.

He then gives Chibi a ride and they go back to the celestial plain while an old Kuni finishes off the story by narrating about how he had many more adventures with Chibi, but he'll save those tales for another time, hinting at another sequel(that might not be made if this game bombs to hell).

So there we have it, Okamiden. Was it a great game? Yeah sure, it's a pretty decent and a wonderful sequel to the original title. It had a fun, nice story(aside from the corny, anime cliche hell that was the ending), loads of great cutscenes and had pretty good gameplay that's very faithful to the first game along with some new elements like the whole partner stuff and so on.

It's really a surprising to see how they managed to fit such a big, grand game on to the DS. I just hope they'll bother with a sequel and not leave us hanging.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Sora play's Okamiden   Sora play's Okamiden Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 11:04 am

I split the topic change the title if you want.

Is this game easier then the first?
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Sora play's Okamiden   Sora play's Okamiden Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 12:18 am

Thanks and nah, not really. The first was already pretty easy, any easier and this game would have been a snooze fest. The difficulty level's about the same.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sora play's Okamiden   Sora play's Okamiden Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sora play's Okamiden
Page 1 of 1