Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

All-Star Superman... the movie.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Savage
Solar-Charged

All-Star Superman... the movie. Empty
PostSubject: All-Star Superman... the movie.   All-Star Superman... the movie. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 4:20 pm

I would've made this thread sooner, but I don't watch movies at all unless I can find them in Blu-ray format because I'm an elitist fag.

But anyway, I loved the hell out of this movie. More than Public Enemies. More than First Flight. Even more than Under the Red Hood. I think part of it had to do with the fact that it was an animated, abridged version of the best Superman story in decades and the other part was that it was an animated, abridged version of a Grant Morrison work, and those are always my favorite stories to read. Unlike with Apocalypse, the original comic's art didn't fall flat on its ass in transition to animation. Superman looks like Quitely Superman as opposed to Turner's Superman looking like half a tranny.

This casting for this was probably the most satisfying in recent years, too. ASS calls for an almost serene-like Superman, and James Denton met those expectations nicely. I didn't think of Tim Daly or George Newburn not even once. Christina Hendricks was Lois. I couldn't tell that it was her because I was so used to hearing the sultry, comfortable voice she puts on for her role on Mad Men. John DiMaggio and Steve Blum were my gods, literally and figuratively as partners Samson and Atlas. GIVE DIMAGGIO EVEN MOAR WORK!! It seems like every role he touches turns to gold, and you usually can't rely on comedic actors to really "act" in regular cartoons that often. Alexis Denisof (awesome) was Leo Quintum (fabulous). 'Nuff said. Lex sounded like shit at first, but became more bearable as the movie progressed. Just sounded like fart by the end. Jimmy didn't have too many lines, so he was pretty forgettable outside of his hair. [<--- I bolded and enlarged that text because you're supposed to click on it. So... you should go ahead and do that.]

All the bits that I expected to be omitted were omitted except for the portion with Bar-El and Lilo, who in the comic and this movie are both infinitely more interesting versions of Zod and Ursa than I''ve read and would make good replacements for them. My hopes for an animated Zibarro are dead, though. All in all, I give ASS three thumbs up.
Back to top Go down
Ellis
Australianus
Ellis

PostSubject: Re: All-Star Superman... the movie.   All-Star Superman... the movie. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 4:27 pm

You only have two hands, how the hell do you give something 3 thumps up?
Back to top Go down
Savage
Solar-Charged

PostSubject: Re: All-Star Superman... the movie.   All-Star Superman... the movie. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 4:29 pm

Emilio Estavez wrote:
You only have two hands, how the hell do you give something 3 thumps up?
I think the real question here is how the hell I could give anything a thump up. You'll be raped upon completion of reading this sentence. Eventually.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: All-Star Superman... the movie.   All-Star Superman... the movie. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 2:57 pm

LOL @ how it's called in short
I enjoyed the feature, thought it was nice
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All-Star Superman... the movie.   All-Star Superman... the movie. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

All-Star Superman... the movie.
Page 1 of 1