Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kingdom Hearts DDD

Go down 
+12
Skip
A_Nonny_Moose
Old School
Ellis
Superbuu3
L Ron Hubbard
Neo
Baal
Zero
Rockstar_Sinistar
Kaio
Talking Sock
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

Kingdom Hearts DDD - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts DDD   Kingdom Hearts DDD - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 5:30 am

I'd say KH3D's cutscenes seem more likely, but yeah KH2.5 is definitely going to be a thing.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts DDD   Kingdom Hearts DDD - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 6:42 am

You know a franchise has reached cash cow status when they make a facebook game of it. Also when they release a hundred side games before the third one in the series but hey.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts DDD   Kingdom Hearts DDD - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 7:33 am

Is this HD collection something I should be getting considering the only KH game I've played is the shitty one on the DS that's all about sea salt ice cream and I got bored of really quickly?
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts DDD   Kingdom Hearts DDD - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 8:13 am

I'm not sure if I should say yes or no to that question, to be honest.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts DDD   Kingdom Hearts DDD - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 9:06 am

Well the other games play mostly the same, although they control much better with analog sticks for obvious reasons. They're also not mission based which means you have an actual world to run around in with a degree of freedom which I prefer. You could try emulating KH1 on your computer to give it a try if you like, though if you're going to do that I'm not sure what the point in buying a HD collection would be.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts DDD   Kingdom Hearts DDD - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 9:15 am

Neo wrote:
You could try emulating KH1 on your computer to give it a try if you like, though if you're going to do that I'm not sure what the point in buying a HD collection would be.

Well, the HD Collection will have the Final Mix version, which has some extra content.

Assuming that there will be a 2.5 Collection with KH2FM+ and BBSFM and you wish to get into this series, one may as well get it. The gameplay isn't anything spectacular like in the other installments, though(and in KH1's case, the fun was hindered a little by one clunky as hell camera back in the day, and they need to fix it for this re-release).
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts DDD   Kingdom Hearts DDD - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 9:46 am

What sort of additions did the original Final Mix have anyway? I know there was the Xemnas boss fight and keyblade rewards for beating the Ice Titan and Sephiroth, was there anything else? I might pick it up if there are any decent additions, been too long since I played the first game anyways and I've never played Re:CoM.

I'd definitely buy a collection with KH2FM+ and BBSFM though, even though I've already emulated FM+ and got the gold crown.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts DDD   Kingdom Hearts DDD - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 10:07 am

Neo wrote:
What sort of additions did the original Final Mix have anyway? I know there was the Xemnas boss fight and keyblade rewards for beating the Ice Titan and Sephiroth, was there anything else?

Some additional short cutscenes, Neo-Shadows, and Deep Dive.

If this collection comes here, I'd like to play through RE:CoM myself and finally beat it. I imported FM+ way back when it came out, but I only bothered to beat everything in KH2FM(fun times, them data fights and Terra, mang). For some reason I just stopped half-way through RE:CoM and never returned to it. This time, I'll be playing it with English voices too, so that'll be a plus.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts DDD   Kingdom Hearts DDD - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 7:56 am

Also changed models such as Ansem SOD's, whose design was ruined tweaked in recent stuff, so now they're changing him in KH1 too for consistency. I blame Terra existing for this.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts DDD   Kingdom Hearts DDD - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 12:39 pm

I swear to fucking god if they replaced Billy Zane's audio files I'm gonna be pissed.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts DDD   Kingdom Hearts DDD - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 10:22 pm

Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts DDD   Kingdom Hearts DDD - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 10:24 pm

trololol
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts DDD   Kingdom Hearts DDD - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 12:46 am

It's a good thing the PS3 is region-free and it'll most likely have the English Dub, then. That's not to say it isn't absolutely stupid they're still doing this, but you'd think people would have been desensitized to it by now.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts DDD   Kingdom Hearts DDD - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 12:36 pm

1.5 will have KH2 camera controls and "won't include a secret movie", which I can only assume means there will be one.

http://gematsu.com/2012/10/nomura-talks-kingdom-hearts-1-5-hd-remix-development
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts DDD   Kingdom Hearts DDD - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 6:48 am

I just finished this and literally every final boss is stupid in some way.

Spoiler:

I mean, Terranort from BBS could be dumb, but was a somewhat manageable boss, more than half of what I just mentioned is really badly designed and shows that they really didn't think through half of the shit they were doing. A lot of this could be said about KH3D, the game isn't bad per se, but it's not really too great, definitely not better than BBS which is still the best KH game. I honestly don't feel like tackling any of the post game content, I'm completely exhausted from playing this game by just playing through the main story and I don't care to own it, so I'll probably just sell it.

Oh well, at least I can say the story was stupid enough to give me some laughs.
Back to top Go down
PoweredBy42
First Mate
PoweredBy42

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts DDD   Kingdom Hearts DDD - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 10:45 am

In the second game I totaled over 72 hours of gameplay. Could never beat whatshisface at the end though. Then I did, but it didn't save, So I said fuck it and stopped playing.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts DDD   Kingdom Hearts DDD - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 12:34 pm

Finally played through this and, oh, man. KH3D's story... That was marvelously ludicrous and so, so mindbogglingly stupid. I can't wait to see how the next game will manage to to be even more silly. At this point, it'll actually be a little disappointing if the writing becomes less nonsensical because seeing how far they can take the stupidity is so damn intriguing.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts DDD   Kingdom Hearts DDD - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 11:28 pm

http://instagram.com/p/U4h_uvLg8g/

Looks like 1.5 is getting localized.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts DDD   Kingdom Hearts DDD - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 3:19 am

Restarted this today as picking it up 3/4 into the game wasn't working for me, there are loads of things to make fun of when it comes to this series but holy shit, the intros are fantastic.

Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts DDD   Kingdom Hearts DDD - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 6:35 pm

Do you guys know of a place where I can read a detailed synopsis of the entire story so far. I think I've lost track of it all.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts DDD   Kingdom Hearts DDD - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 6:38 pm

These games always had a charm, at the same time as not particularly liking them there was something about them i loved. The first one was great and i felt the 2nd was a huge dip. Maybe when this HD collection comes out it will reignite my interest.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts DDD   Kingdom Hearts DDD - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 6:42 pm

The HD thing is just the first game and the cutscenes from another game that fits between KH1 and 2.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts DDD   Kingdom Hearts DDD - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 6:48 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
The HD thing is just the first game and the cutscenes from another game that fits between KH1 and 2.
Wait what i thought the HD version included chain of memories? Oh well screw that then.

EDIT: Na moose i was right its two games and cutscenes from a third :

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts DDD   Kingdom Hearts DDD - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 6:51 pm

Oh right.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts DDD   Kingdom Hearts DDD - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 6:53 pm

Chain of Memories is pretty shit. Card crap. Never finished it. The remake may be better though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom Hearts DDD   Kingdom Hearts DDD - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kingdom Hearts DDD
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next