Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I bought Sports Champions

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

I bought Sports Champions Empty
PostSubject: I bought Sports Champions   I bought Sports Champions Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 2:50 pm

Table Tennis and Gladiator Duel pretty much make this game.

Gladiator Duel is hella fun, even with just one Move. The motion tracking works perfectly, so you can swing the controller like it was actually a massive club and smash the opponent round the head however you want.

You can turn the assist off in Table Tennis in the full game as well (unlike the demo), which makes it even better. The game literally has depth, in that you can move backward or forward to reach deep or shallow balls. You can treat the controller exactly like you would treat a real paddle and it works. You can spin the ball just like you would in real life, it reacts accordingly to how fast you swing, it's great.

The other games are okay. Beach volleyball feels a bit automated compared the rest. Archery was clearly designed for two Moves, since with only one you're just pointing straight at the target and pressing a button. Bocce (which is pretty much bowls as far as I can tell, except you throw the ball) is nice, but not exactly thrilling. The frisbee golf is the same.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: I bought Sports Champions   I bought Sports Champions Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 3:13 pm

Do these games account for swing speed?

i.e. in gladiator do you do more damage the faster/harder that you hit

does the ball go faster and stuff depending on if you hit lightly/hard/fast?
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: I bought Sports Champions   I bought Sports Champions Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 3:15 pm

Yes to both.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: I bought Sports Champions   I bought Sports Champions Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 3:17 pm

Oh cool that actually pretty decent i'll probably get me one of these later, when I can beat people up online and such. My biggest gripe with the wii was regardless of swing speed everything seemed to have a digital output rather then an analog one.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: I bought Sports Champions   I bought Sports Champions Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 3:18 pm

Pretty sure it doesn't have online.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: I bought Sports Champions   I bought Sports Champions Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 3:25 pm

I was talking about a good version of something like the fight.

I'm not intersted in launch titles aside from time crisis and as yet i can't be assed to fork out about 100 pounds total to play it.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: I bought Sports Champions   I bought Sports Champions Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 3:56 pm

From what I've heard The Fight is very good.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: I bought Sports Champions   I bought Sports Champions Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 9:23 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Yes to both.
I'd consider getting this when it drops in price if that's the case. Though being honest I'd probably only actually play table tennis. So I should probably wait for a game I actually want Move for.
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: I bought Sports Champions   I bought Sports Champions Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 10:10 pm

The Fight is one of the few reasons for me to get The Move. Apparently, This Gladiator game that comes with Sports Champions will be another.
Back to top Go down
http://thepit.forumotion.com/
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: I bought Sports Champions   I bought Sports Champions Icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 12:40 am

Gladiator is made for two Move controllers really. It works well with one, but with two you would have independent control of each arm, one with the shield and one with the weapon. With one controller you hold down the trigger to use the shield arm and release it to use the weapon arm.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: I bought Sports Champions   I bought Sports Champions Icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 12:43 am

Seriously this sounds awesome. Hmmm... your making this sound really tempting.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: I bought Sports Champions   I bought Sports Champions Icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 3:27 am

There's 3 difficulties for each event too. Bronze, silver, and gold. I breezed through the table tennis bronze, but I just spent about an hour on freeplay on silver difficulty and didn't win one match.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: I bought Sports Champions   I bought Sports Champions Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 2:15 am

I now realize that it's not just the AI that changes when the difficulty goes up. Well, for table tennis at least, haven't played the others beyond bronze.

On silver table tennis the game gives you more control over the ball, which is both good and bad, because it makes faults a lot easier to make. Hitting the ball off the table is something I have a problem with, especially on my return serve. The silver AI plays to your backhand or straight down the middle a lot of the time as well, so you have to switch up between forehand and backhand a lot.

I actually have to stand to one side like I would in real life to make using my forehand more comfortable.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: I bought Sports Champions   I bought Sports Champions Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 9:14 pm

Getting better. Learned not to smash the ball too hard on easy setups because it usually comes down on my side first. Have to step around a bit as well because I hit everything to the left or in the middle with a backhand.

Managed to beat the Silver AI in freeplay a couple times. It's quite a bit harder than in the championship mode, but I suppose that's because each match get's harder as you progress, whereas in freeplay I assume it's always just the top AI.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: I bought Sports Champions   I bought Sports Champions Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 4:19 pm

I love this.

Only played duel and archery but both are so much fun.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: I bought Sports Champions   I bought Sports Champions Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 4:24 pm

Table Tennis is still the best use of the Move I've encountered.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: I bought Sports Champions   I bought Sports Champions Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 4:37 pm

The fight is insane, i'll play this again in a bit, i'm moving rooms so after that will be playing taht again loads.

I gotta say with two controllers gladiator duel is awesome. I haven't played with one yet, but its nice to be able to move the shield around, i'm not sure how taht would work with one.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: I bought Sports Champions   I bought Sports Champions Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 4:38 pm

With one controller you hold down the trigger to switch to shield control.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I bought Sports Champions   I bought Sports Champions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I bought Sports Champions
Page 1 of 1