Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Sly Collection: The game for those who love interspecies romance... oh and stealing things

Go down 
+3
Talking Sock
A_Nonny_Moose
Baal
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

The Sly Collection: The game for those who love interspecies romance... oh and stealing things - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sly Collection: The game for those who love interspecies romance... oh and stealing things   The Sly Collection: The game for those who love interspecies romance... oh and stealing things - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 2:05 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Am I the only one who likes arbitrary collecting?
I honestly have no ida how you can do this
Well it depends if the game has some good/fun base controls and good level design, since all it really does is give you a reason to/reward for exploring every inch of the levels.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

The Sly Collection: The game for those who love interspecies romance... oh and stealing things - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sly Collection: The game for those who love interspecies romance... oh and stealing things   The Sly Collection: The game for those who love interspecies romance... oh and stealing things - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 2:07 am

I have no idea how you found all the things in web of shadows thats one game i really couldn't be assed to do it in. Just way too many.

Prototype and AC2 are way more bearable.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: The Sly Collection: The game for those who love interspecies romance... oh and stealing things   The Sly Collection: The game for those who love interspecies romance... oh and stealing things - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 2:11 am

Oddly, I never bothered with the collecting in Prototype. Can't quite remember why. But Web of Shadows was easy because those tokens were everywhere. You couldn't go 30 seconds without seeing one for most of the game. And once you got half of them I think the rest showed up on the minimap.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: The Sly Collection: The game for those who love interspecies romance... oh and stealing things   The Sly Collection: The game for those who love interspecies romance... oh and stealing things - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 2:12 am

I did get everything for AC1 and AC2 as well, apart from one Templar I couldn't find in AC1.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: The Sly Collection: The game for those who love interspecies romance... oh and stealing things   The Sly Collection: The game for those who love interspecies romance... oh and stealing things - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 2:14 am

I got everything in AC2 but I didn't bother with AC1.
If there's actually something you can unlock by collecting everything I'll probably put the time into doing it but collecting for the sake of collecting, like in AC1, just doesn't interest me.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: The Sly Collection: The game for those who love interspecies romance... oh and stealing things   The Sly Collection: The game for those who love interspecies romance... oh and stealing things - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 2:20 am

Again, I don't even mind collecting just for the sake of it, as long as the game is well designed for collecting. I liked to climb around and stuff in AC1, and I played the game quite a lot (more than I played AC2), so it was natural to do the collecting.

Although, my biggest problem with AC1 was The Kingdom. I have no idea what the hell Ubisoft were thinking with that. It's a massive sprawling map that connects all the cities, that is bigger than each of the cities, is filled with as many collectibles as the cities, and yet served no fucking purpose at all. Nothing ever happened there. I don't think a single mission or important event took place in the Kingdom. I did get bored of collecting stuff there, because you had to go everywhere by horse and there was nothing fun to do.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: The Sly Collection: The game for those who love interspecies romance... oh and stealing things   The Sly Collection: The game for those who love interspecies romance... oh and stealing things - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 2:29 pm

Neo wrote:
I got everything in AC2 but I didn't bother with AC1.
If there's actually something you can unlock by collecting everything I'll probably put the time into doing it but collecting for the sake of collecting, like in AC1, just doesn't interest me.
i did this
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: The Sly Collection: The game for those who love interspecies romance... oh and stealing things   The Sly Collection: The game for those who love interspecies romance... oh and stealing things - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 2:44 pm

I just finished the second stage and I had completely forgotten that come Sly 2 you had to do two levels before you beat the boss.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: The Sly Collection: The game for those who love interspecies romance... oh and stealing things   The Sly Collection: The game for those who love interspecies romance... oh and stealing things - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 2:24 am

Rajan was annoying to deal with but after I got used to him I beat him pretty easily.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: The Sly Collection: The game for those who love interspecies romance... oh and stealing things   The Sly Collection: The game for those who love interspecies romance... oh and stealing things - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 2:34 pm

I just started the first game. Slightly annoyed that the cutscenes haven't been upped to HD. I know none of the other collections did it, but since in this game the scenes are all 2D artwork as opposed to fully rendered CG I figured they would be able to do it. They do look nice though.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: The Sly Collection: The game for those who love interspecies romance... oh and stealing things   The Sly Collection: The game for those who love interspecies romance... oh and stealing things - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 2:44 pm

Huh, you can shift the camera around while the game is paused. Was that possible in the PS2 version?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: The Sly Collection: The game for those who love interspecies romance... oh and stealing things   The Sly Collection: The game for those who love interspecies romance... oh and stealing things - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 2:59 pm

Also, I'm going to go for 100% on each game before I move onto the next.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: The Sly Collection: The game for those who love interspecies romance... oh and stealing things   The Sly Collection: The game for those who love interspecies romance... oh and stealing things - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 3:51 pm

I remember that level where you have to shoot the crabs being really hard, but I managed it first try this time.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: The Sly Collection: The game for those who love interspecies romance... oh and stealing things   The Sly Collection: The game for those who love interspecies romance... oh and stealing things - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 2:27 am

One thing I forgot is that if you finish a time trial in Sly 1, you get an audio commentary track for that level.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: The Sly Collection: The game for those who love interspecies romance... oh and stealing things   The Sly Collection: The game for those who love interspecies romance... oh and stealing things - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 3:00 am

I don't remember the Back Alley Heist level having this wide angle lens effect on the PS2. It's really weird.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: The Sly Collection: The game for those who love interspecies romance... oh and stealing things   The Sly Collection: The game for those who love interspecies romance... oh and stealing things - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 3:11 am

I don't remember Muggshot being that fast either. Plus when you die you restart without your charms, so you die in one hit. Although it only took a couple of tries to get the pattern down and beat the boss without getting hit.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: The Sly Collection: The game for those who love interspecies romance... oh and stealing things   The Sly Collection: The game for those who love interspecies romance... oh and stealing things - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 4:07 am

Well, I'm literally 50% through the first game now. Seems really short, although I must just remember a lot of it. I've been getting all the bottles on every level and it must have taken about 4 hours or so to reach 50% complete.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: The Sly Collection: The game for those who love interspecies romance... oh and stealing things   The Sly Collection: The game for those who love interspecies romance... oh and stealing things - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 6:02 pm

Baal wrote:
Oh man, I lost so many times at Mz. Ruby because of my reflexes slowing down constantly on the second rhythm part.
I did it the same way I did it on the PS2. You can just mash the correct button until it's passed, then mash the next one, and so on.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: The Sly Collection: The game for those who love interspecies romance... oh and stealing things   The Sly Collection: The game for those who love interspecies romance... oh and stealing things - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 6:50 pm

God damn it, I can't find the last two bottles on Flaming Temple of Flame.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: The Sly Collection: The game for those who love interspecies romance... oh and stealing things   The Sly Collection: The game for those who love interspecies romance... oh and stealing things - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 11:59 pm

The dying in one hit thing is annoying now that I'm on the final boss.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: The Sly Collection: The game for those who love interspecies romance... oh and stealing things   The Sly Collection: The game for those who love interspecies romance... oh and stealing things - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 12:09 am

Oh well, finished the game. Took about 10 tries to get through the whole final area. Now all that's left is the Master Thief Sprints. I remember some of the being quite hard.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: The Sly Collection: The game for those who love interspecies romance... oh and stealing things   The Sly Collection: The game for those who love interspecies romance... oh and stealing things - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 5:01 pm

Forgot how inconsistent those time trials can be. You can finish some levels with 15+ seconds on the clock, and some levels with less than 1 second left on the clock. The hardest one is actually really early on as well. Finished with 0.2 seconds left.

Oh well, 100% done in 7 hours and 40 minutes. On to Sly 2.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: The Sly Collection: The game for those who love interspecies romance... oh and stealing things   The Sly Collection: The game for those who love interspecies romance... oh and stealing things - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 4:36 am

I had forgotten some of the twists and turns in Sly 2. Making Bentley and Murray playable was nice too, although you still play mostly as Sly, which is also nice. Collecting the bottles is easy as pie as well. You'll likely see most of the just going about doing the missions, and they make a clinking noise so you'll know when one is near.

I've done the first 3 chapter 100%, and I think there's 8 or 9 in total, I can't remember. They each take about 1-2 hours as well. To put it in perspective, I played Sly 1 for 7 hours and 40 minutes and got 100%. So far I've played Sly 2 for 5 hours and 10 minutes and I'm 31% complete.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: The Sly Collection: The game for those who love interspecies romance... oh and stealing things   The Sly Collection: The game for those who love interspecies romance... oh and stealing things - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 1:15 am

The Contessa stages are sapping my will to play Sly 2. I never liked them that much, but I don't recall them being this boring.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: The Sly Collection: The game for those who love interspecies romance... oh and stealing things   The Sly Collection: The game for those who love interspecies romance... oh and stealing things - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 5:36 am

Finished Sly 2 after about 15 hours. That game felt too long. Maybe I'll end up liking Sly 3 more.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Sly Collection: The game for those who love interspecies romance... oh and stealing things   The Sly Collection: The game for those who love interspecies romance... oh and stealing things - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Sly Collection: The game for those who love interspecies romance... oh and stealing things
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next