Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Has anyone played Donkey Kong Country Returns yet?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Has anyone played Donkey Kong Country Returns yet? Empty
PostSubject: Has anyone played Donkey Kong Country Returns yet?   Has anyone played Donkey Kong Country Returns yet? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 11:26 pm

I think it's alright so far my only complaint right now is that two player aspect of the game isn't as fun as NSMB for the Wii. In NSMB you could help the other player jump higher, enter secret rooms, and pick them up to throw them on a higher platform etc. There's zero interaction like that in DKCR and most of the time your partner just feels like they're in the way. (Or maybe I'm just pressing the buttons? Feel free to tell me.)

Which brings me to another complaint I forgot about. Why is it that motion controls get jammed into everything when it isn't necessary? I understand if they did it for the cutscenes only, like at the start of the game. I wouldn't have mind it were implemented it like that, that would have been fun. They could have easily assigned the Roll attack to directional and One button but chose this gimmicky layout for some reason. I'm here trying to platform like a boss when I'm all like "SHIT GOTTA ROLL THE FUCK OUTTA THAT PARROT" and I'm mashing one thinking I'm going to roll.

Some people might think this makes the game more challenging, I think they need to stop doing that shit. So there you go.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone played Donkey Kong Country Returns yet?   Has anyone played Donkey Kong Country Returns yet? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 11:31 pm

I've been playing Epic Mickey lately, so I plan to play this at some point.
Back to top Go down
The Colonel
Deck Hand
The Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone played Donkey Kong Country Returns yet?   Has anyone played Donkey Kong Country Returns yet? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 4:29 am

I might get it in the future.
Back to top Go down
Ace
one crazy fool
Ace

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone played Donkey Kong Country Returns yet?   Has anyone played Donkey Kong Country Returns yet? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 8:09 am

same. though i wasnt expecting it to live up to DKC2 anyway
Back to top Go down
http://gantzplayers.proboards.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone played Donkey Kong Country Returns yet?   Has anyone played Donkey Kong Country Returns yet? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Has anyone played Donkey Kong Country Returns yet?
Page 1 of 1