Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Baal plays Fist of the North Star: A Tale of Love and GUYS FUCKING EXPLODING!

Go down 
+3
Superbuu3
Kaio
Baal
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Baal plays Fist of the North Star: A Tale of Love and GUYS FUCKING EXPLODING! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baal plays Fist of the North Star: A Tale of Love and GUYS FUCKING EXPLODING!   Baal plays Fist of the North Star: A Tale of Love and GUYS FUCKING EXPLODING! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 3:40 pm

Wait till you see the battle damaged DLC costume lol
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

Baal plays Fist of the North Star: A Tale of Love and GUYS FUCKING EXPLODING! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baal plays Fist of the North Star: A Tale of Love and GUYS FUCKING EXPLODING!   Baal plays Fist of the North Star: A Tale of Love and GUYS FUCKING EXPLODING! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 6:08 pm

Finished Mamiya, time for Kung Fu Jesus' Legend Mode.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Baal plays Fist of the North Star: A Tale of Love and GUYS FUCKING EXPLODING!   Baal plays Fist of the North Star: A Tale of Love and GUYS FUCKING EXPLODING! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 6:17 pm

Its really short but absolutely awesome. I really enjoyed playing as him.

Jesus juggling FTW. Also coolest aura i've seen out of the main guys. If you get the DLC you can play as his presickness version and that would rock.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Baal plays Fist of the North Star: A Tale of Love and GUYS FUCKING EXPLODING!   Baal plays Fist of the North Star: A Tale of Love and GUYS FUCKING EXPLODING! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 7:06 pm

He moves a bit slower than the others but fuck is he powerful. Seriously, the only thing keeping him from being absolutely broken is his sickness.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Baal plays Fist of the North Star: A Tale of Love and GUYS FUCKING EXPLODING!   Baal plays Fist of the North Star: A Tale of Love and GUYS FUCKING EXPLODING! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 8:26 pm

Finished Toki's time to end it with Raoh's.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Baal plays Fist of the North Star: A Tale of Love and GUYS FUCKING EXPLODING!   Baal plays Fist of the North Star: A Tale of Love and GUYS FUCKING EXPLODING! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 9:41 pm

Quote :
IT WAS TIME FOR SOME BROTHERLY LOVE!

This line sounds so out of place it's hilarious.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Baal plays Fist of the North Star: A Tale of Love and GUYS FUCKING EXPLODING!   Baal plays Fist of the North Star: A Tale of Love and GUYS FUCKING EXPLODING! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 12:47 am

Finally finished Rao's Legend Mode, I'm on Chapter 2 of Ken's Dream Mode and I find it more fun than the Legend Mode was.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Baal plays Fist of the North Star: A Tale of Love and GUYS FUCKING EXPLODING!   Baal plays Fist of the North Star: A Tale of Love and GUYS FUCKING EXPLODING! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 12:53 am

Dream mode is way better tis straight to the point, can't wait to use heart on these later.

You should try out shin he's way more fun, have yet to try Jagi but he looks a lot of fun to.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Baal plays Fist of the North Star: A Tale of Love and GUYS FUCKING EXPLODING!   Baal plays Fist of the North Star: A Tale of Love and GUYS FUCKING EXPLODING! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 1:03 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
Is every bonus costume DLC or can you unlock any in the game?
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Baal plays Fist of the North Star: A Tale of Love and GUYS FUCKING EXPLODING!   Baal plays Fist of the North Star: A Tale of Love and GUYS FUCKING EXPLODING! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 1:09 am

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:
Is every bonus costume DLC or can you unlock any in the game?

I think there's like 4 to unlock in game, 1 of which is kinda handy as it allows you to unlock the presickness version of Toki.

But everyone has 1 DLC costume. I've apparently got 2 free DLC costumes so only like 2 of my characters are missing one. Not sure if i'll buy em but i might.

I think Shin's and Ken's DLC costumes are basically there manga costumes.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Baal plays Fist of the North Star: A Tale of Love and GUYS FUCKING EXPLODING!   Baal plays Fist of the North Star: A Tale of Love and GUYS FUCKING EXPLODING! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 1:04 pm

So I just unlocked Toki's fully recovered appearance after beating his Dream Mode. Now for Jagi...

"YAHOOOOOO, SAY MY NAME, BITCHES!"

I am laughing so hard right now, I fucking love Jagi.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Baal plays Fist of the North Star: A Tale of Love and GUYS FUCKING EXPLODING!   Baal plays Fist of the North Star: A Tale of Love and GUYS FUCKING EXPLODING! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 2:00 pm

Oh my god, Jagi and Amiba are like two frat boys at a party. Everything they do is hysterical.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Baal plays Fist of the North Star: A Tale of Love and GUYS FUCKING EXPLODING!   Baal plays Fist of the North Star: A Tale of Love and GUYS FUCKING EXPLODING! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 2:20 pm

Baal wrote:
Oh my god, Jagi and Amiba are like two frat boys at a party. Everything they do is hysterical.

The old hag lines cracked me up the last two stages just have some absolutely great dialogue to.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Baal plays Fist of the North Star: A Tale of Love and GUYS FUCKING EXPLODING!   Baal plays Fist of the North Star: A Tale of Love and GUYS FUCKING EXPLODING! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 2:29 pm

Whoever localized the Army of Darkness deserves to be payed extravagantly.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Baal plays Fist of the North Star: A Tale of Love and GUYS FUCKING EXPLODING!   Baal plays Fist of the North Star: A Tale of Love and GUYS FUCKING EXPLODING! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 6:36 pm

Jagi's dream mode was just nonstop fun. Anyways, onto Shin's dream mode.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Baal plays Fist of the North Star: A Tale of Love and GUYS FUCKING EXPLODING!   Baal plays Fist of the North Star: A Tale of Love and GUYS FUCKING EXPLODING! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 9:07 pm

Okay, this is pissing me off. Why the fuck is Yuria so special? I haven't read the entire manga, but what in the hell makes her so perfect that Shin and Raoh fucking obsess over her? Hell, she's even the last South Style master without showing off any actual ability from it and it's due to Raoh suddenly being in love with her that he gains Spirt Resonance?

This sounds like a fucking mary sue if I've ever heard of one, but maybe this game isn't the best indication of Fist of the North Star's story.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Baal plays Fist of the North Star: A Tale of Love and GUYS FUCKING EXPLODING!   Baal plays Fist of the North Star: A Tale of Love and GUYS FUCKING EXPLODING! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 9:22 pm

Baal wrote:
Okay, this is pissing me off. Why the fuck is Yuria so special? I haven't read the entire manga, but what in the hell makes her so perfect that Shin and Raoh fucking obsess over her? Hell, she's even the last South Style master without showing off any actual ability from it and it's due to Raoh suddenly being in love with her that he gains Spirt Resonance?

This sounds like a fucking mary sue if I've ever heard of one, but maybe this game isn't the best indication of Fist of the North Star's story.
She's a healer and was the only chick who's around the hokuto and nanto schools. She's probably the only good looking female in the show who isn't emo and obsessed with death, seriously Mamiya is a freak. She's also completely selfless. If i have any complaints in this game its the extent that Mamiya is played up. She apparently could take on Yuria's mantle with no problem according to everyone's dream mode.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Baal plays Fist of the North Star: A Tale of Love and GUYS FUCKING EXPLODING!   Baal plays Fist of the North Star: A Tale of Love and GUYS FUCKING EXPLODING! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 9:35 pm

So basically she's perfect in every way and has no real character? Yuria is definitely a mary sue. I don't see your problem with Mamiya, though she actually has things that make her a sympathetic character.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Baal plays Fist of the North Star: A Tale of Love and GUYS FUCKING EXPLODING!   Baal plays Fist of the North Star: A Tale of Love and GUYS FUCKING EXPLODING! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 9:47 pm

Baal wrote:
So basically she's perfect in every way and has no real character? Yuria is definitely a mary sue. I don't see your problem with Mamiya, though she actually has things that make her a sympathetic character.
Jyuza is Yuria's half brother and Ryuga is Yuria's brother. Ryuga actually commits Harikiri before taking on Kenshiro (not shown in game), I mean she knows this crap is gonna happen. She apparently has no fighting skills as she's a healer and she has to watch countless bloodshed in her name because people like shin think its what she wants.

Yuria's not all that interesting but honestly she isn't mentioned after her death (end of first arc) until the very end of the story (last part of HnK1). Aside from being Ken's love interest there's not all that much to her. However the whole point of her character is she's meant to be the only one capable of uniting the people. The fact that Mamiya is allowed to do this cause she looks like her in game pretty much eliminates the whole point of her character.

If you do read the manga there's a massive argument about how Yuria plays a huge part in Kenshiro defeating Raoh, which i'll let you see for yourself.

All mamiya does storywise is try to get herself killed like the whole story for as long as she's in it. She's pretty one dimensional to, Yuda thankfully gives her character that tiny bit of substance, which is the only reason i think she's alright, but Yuda was pretty much tacked on just to allow rei have one worthwhile fight in the series (i still enjoyed that fight and it is one of the greatest exits from a series a character has that i can think of). Honestly when your following the story all the women are completely useless through the whole series, though i guess you could argue that Rin is of some use, she's psychic (kinda like cobi in one piece).

i guess i might be harsh on mamiya but thats probably in part to how much this game inflates her part which was really insignificant, I can't remember anything worthwhile she does.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Baal plays Fist of the North Star: A Tale of Love and GUYS FUCKING EXPLODING!   Baal plays Fist of the North Star: A Tale of Love and GUYS FUCKING EXPLODING! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 10:05 pm

Quote :
She apparently has no fighting skills as she's a healer and she has to watch countless bloodshed in her name because people like shin think its what she wants.

Then why in the hell is she the last South Style master? Doesn't the South Style involving cutting up your enemies and fighting, how in the hell can she be the last one whenever she doesn't even fight? So that stupid "WHERE NORTH AND SOUTH ARE JOINED PEACE WILL BE ACHIEVED" crap? Or was that just a twist for the sake of there being a twist?

Quote :
The fact that Mamiya is allowed to do this cause she looks like her in game pretty much eliminates the whole point of her character.

It is just the what-if mode, they are by nature very exaggerated possibilities. Like Jagi's dream mode isn't realistic even in terms of the story but that's what makes them fun, the general exaggeration.

Quote :
All mamiya does storywise is try to get herself killed like the whole story for as long as she's in it.

She does fight and pretty well for someone who isn't a master of some martial arts. She also serves as a driving force for Rei. She's not the manga much, I'm pretty sure after Juda, she drops off the face of the Earth.

Quote :
She's pretty one dimensional to, Yuda thankfully gives her character that tiny bit of substance

Actually she was three-dimensional before Juda, back when she was the leader and a noble woman of her village but had to cope with her own inability of dealing with the problems that rose up because she was a woman. Mind you, it's a very sexist form of adding dimensions, but she was three-dimensional nonetheless.

Quote :
Honestly when your following the story all the women are completely useless through the whole series

I honestly almost dropped the series when that whole "Stay in the Kitchen" bullshit popped up because that was just horrible to try and read through.

"YOU'RE A WOMAN YOU CAN'T FIGHT!"
"BUT I HAVE WEAPONS AND I'M NOT THAT BAD OF A FIGHTER!"
*Rei tears her clothes off*
"SEE, YOU'RE EMBARRASSED WHEN YOUR CLOTHES ARE TORN OFF, YOU OBVIOUSLY CAN'T FIGHT DESPITE ANY RATIONAL PERSON REACTING THAT WAY!"

Seriously, that was one of the worst cases of random sexism I have seen from the Japanese.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Baal plays Fist of the North Star: A Tale of Love and GUYS FUCKING EXPLODING!   Baal plays Fist of the North Star: A Tale of Love and GUYS FUCKING EXPLODING! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 10:19 pm

Quote :
Then why in the hell is she the last South Style master? Doesn't the South Style involving cutting up your enemies and fighting, how in the hell can she be the last one whenever she doesn't even fight? So that stupid "WHERE NORTH AND SOUTH ARE JOINED PEACE WILL BE ACHIEVED" crap? Or was that just a twist for the sake of there being a twist?
You happen to remember when this line is said? If its in the first arc its probably best ignored. Because after the first arc lines like that seem to have absolutely no context. The Nanto guys seem to have at least had some level of comradery in the past, and it never seems like there's much of a bond between north and south with the exception of rei for a bit (shuu seems to only bother with ken as he feels he can stop souther, and bring peace this doesn't seem to be to do with the fact he's from the hokuto school more that he's strong and nice).

Quote :
It is just the what-if mode, they are by nature very exaggerated possibilities. Like Jagi's dream mode isn't realistic even in terms of the story but that's what makes them fun, the general exaggeration.
I mean fair enough but its in pretty much every single dream mode, which is why it bothered me. After you finish all 8 stories maybe you'll see why i found it irritating. Jagi's story is so damn good, i wish there was more stages.

Quote :
She does fight and pretty well for someone who isn't a master of some martial arts. She also serves as a driving force for Rei. She's not the manga much, I'm pretty sure after Juda, she drops off the face of the Earth.
She's a competent fighter but i can't remember any instances where she's not with someone strong who essentially takes the 100 on the right while she takes the 5 on the left. I'm pretty sure she does basically disappear. Sometimes i wonder if she's in there just to strengthen the fact ken only has eyes for yuria, i think when she does her thing its the only time they make a big point of ken's love.

Quote :
Actually she was three-dimensional before Juda, back when she was the leader and a noble woman of her village but had to cope with her own inability of dealing with the problems that rose up because she was a woman. Mind you, it's a very sexist form of adding dimensions, but she was three-dimensional nonetheless.
I guess they did try to develop her character they were all just terrible cliche attempts at it. I think the sexist attitudes just left some overall terrible writing. I mean toh later just tops herself as raoh doesn't remember or something equally retarded.

Yeah this whole thing is kinda sexist. Considering the old school mentatlities of the schools though its not suprising i can't ever imagine anyone choosing a girl as the successor of hokuto shin ken in the hokutoverse.

The whole clothes ripping scene just made me think WTF, it is possibly the stupidest moment i've seen in anything. Also took me a long while to actually like Rei again after that scene. He is way too awesome later though and i just blamed it on sexist attitude of the writers.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Baal plays Fist of the North Star: A Tale of Love and GUYS FUCKING EXPLODING!   Baal plays Fist of the North Star: A Tale of Love and GUYS FUCKING EXPLODING! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 10:23 pm

Quote :
You happen to remember when this line is said?

It was said several times in the dream mode of Mamiya. I don't know particularly if that line was said in the manga, but it seems like something they would add for the sake of it being something else for Yuria to be a part of.

Quote :
The whole clothes ripping scene just made me think WTF, it is possibly the stupidest moment i've seen in anything. Also took me a long while to actually like Rei again after that scene.

I still felt this way about Rei before playing the game. Like seriously, how in the fuck do you seriously do this shit? Even Hirohiko Araki treated women with respect in JJBA and he took inspiration from Fist of the North Star.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Baal plays Fist of the North Star: A Tale of Love and GUYS FUCKING EXPLODING!   Baal plays Fist of the North Star: A Tale of Love and GUYS FUCKING EXPLODING! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 10:35 pm

Quote :
It was said several times in the dream mode of Mamiya. I don't know particularly if that line was said in the manga, but it seems like something they would add for the sake of it being something else for Yuria to be a part of.
Yeah its defintiely said, i can't help but think its pre-shin, that whole beginning thing makes it sound like it was there duty to be allies. The whole second arc which is pretty much most of the manga up to rei's death i think, completely turns that concept on its head although it might be said while rei and ken are buddies. By the end its clearly not the case though. Also i can't see this happening considering what Souther is like at all. Hell i even find the flashback confusing that Souther and Raoh seem on good terms at all.

Quote :
I still felt this way about Rei before playing the game. Like seriously, how in the fuck do you seriously do this shit? Even Hirohiko Araki treated women with respect in JJBA and he took inspiration from Fist of the North Star.
In the anime/manga Rei ends up being more interesting as he's a lot more hot headed then Ken (also completely the reason he dies), i think if you finish readin up the manga you'll end up liking him more. Also if any doubts he does redeem himself in the whole yuda arc and he does have a really grim death.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Baal plays Fist of the North Star: A Tale of Love and GUYS FUCKING EXPLODING!   Baal plays Fist of the North Star: A Tale of Love and GUYS FUCKING EXPLODING! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 1:36 am

Just finished Shin's Dream Mode. Surprisingly it pulled the double last boss trick on me just like Kenshiro's dream mode did. Anyways, time for Rei's Dream Mode.
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: Baal plays Fist of the North Star: A Tale of Love and GUYS FUCKING EXPLODING!   Baal plays Fist of the North Star: A Tale of Love and GUYS FUCKING EXPLODING! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 2:16 am

Apparently, Jagi's VA is also the one who did Deadpool in the Marvel UA games.

But yeah, I'm working on Thouzer's Dream Mode myself.
Back to top Go down
http://thepit.forumotion.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Baal plays Fist of the North Star: A Tale of Love and GUYS FUCKING EXPLODING!   Baal plays Fist of the North Star: A Tale of Love and GUYS FUCKING EXPLODING! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Baal plays Fist of the North Star: A Tale of Love and GUYS FUCKING EXPLODING!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next