Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Spider-Friends: Good Memories, Bad Show

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

Spider-Friends: Good Memories, Bad Show Empty
PostSubject: Spider-Friends: Good Memories, Bad Show   Spider-Friends: Good Memories, Bad Show Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 6:39 am

Spider-Friends: Good Memories, Bad Show Spidey
This is the series that have Spider-Man voiced by the guy voicing Spider-Man 2099 in the Shattered Dimensions game, he's the best Spider-Man voice to me, with NPH & Rino Romano as very very close seconds

I'm a Spidey-Holic, loves everything Spidey, even WoS, the game I kept offending repeatedly cause people give it more credit than it deserves, I love Spider-Man things no matter how bad. I'm criticizing some of my childhood nostalgia, the show is still fun to me, but I can't get over how bad things in that show are

• Voice acting is great, only some voice acting gets on my nerves of how annoying it is
    Art in this series is best in any cartoon, basically because it is based on the great art of the masterful John Romita sr
    Interaction between Bobby/Iceman & Peter/Spider-Man and in between jokes are funny
    So many great soundtracks in it
    Animation is very good, but at some points in season 1 it gets real weird animation, sometimes sloppy animation
    Lines and speaking is very corny
    Script is majorly bad, some episodes are good, with some plot holes, severe plot holes

So there are some good things in it, not entirely bad

Last edited by Spider-Aziz on Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:48 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Friends: Good Memories, Bad Show   Spider-Friends: Good Memories, Bad Show Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 6:52 am

Spider-Friends: Good Memories, Bad Show Totgg-1
Spider-Friends invited to a comic book costume party at ESU, that is where things start and the adventure is founded

This is the worst translation of the Green Goblin, the only version of GG I can't like at all, instead of a guy in a costume he's a guy who turns into the Goblin. His master plan is to turn everyone to a Green Goblin like himself, and he's a different personality Norman Osborn doesn't recognize. Because he can't find the formula in the ESU science lab he donated (you're kidding, the formula? In a university lab safe?), he kidnaps his niece Mona because she knows where the formula is (dressed as Medusa from the Inhumans, like Hell she knows the secrets Norman never even gave his son access to, how would she know?).

Inside the secret lair of the Goblin, Mona is suddenly dressed in street clothes, no sign of Medusa dress, sometimes she knows Peter is Spider-Man (or so it seems), and other times it is as if she is entirely clueless

I won't start on other flaws, just watch this mess on your own, so full of plot holes and questions to be answered
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Friends: Good Memories, Bad Show   Spider-Friends: Good Memories, Bad Show Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 12:09 pm

Are you really how old you say you are?

This show wasn't even on when i was a kid and i'm older then you.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Friends: Good Memories, Bad Show   Spider-Friends: Good Memories, Bad Show Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 12:27 pm

So what? It showed on several channels early in the 90s, so I saw it and the superior solo show of the same decade before entering pre-school. My father had tapes of recent (back then) recordings, also he had a tape of some episodes of the 60s show. 60s series and the 80s solo series are still fun to watch, with less horrible writing than this one. The 90s show I never saw before September 2000
And yes, I am 24 years old
When was the first time you watched it?
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Friends: Good Memories, Bad Show   Spider-Friends: Good Memories, Bad Show Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 12:39 pm

Spider-Aziz wrote:
So what? It showed on several channels early in the 90s, so I saw it and the superior solo show of the same decade before entering pre-school. My father had tapes of recent (back then) recordings, also he had a tape of some episodes of the 60s show. 60s series and the 80s solo series are still fun to watch, with less horrible writing than this one. The 90s show I never saw before September 2000
It had never been on tv thats why i asked your age. My siblings said this was on a lot early to mid 80s but not after that.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Friends: Good Memories, Bad Show   Spider-Friends: Good Memories, Bad Show Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 12:43 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
Spider-Aziz wrote:
It had never been on tv thats why i asked your age. My siblings said this was on a lot early to mid 80s but not after that.
On local channels where I am it was shown
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Episode 2: Crime of All Centuries   Spider-Friends: Good Memories, Bad Show Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 7:30 pm

Spider-Friends: Good Memories, Bad Show Spidermancrimeofallcent1s

Plot: Kraven the Hunter kidnaps Firestar to use her for his master plan to take over the world

This episode actually has some good writing, moderately good. It's by no mean near as terrible as the previous episode is, but it is the generic mad villain trying to take over the world, not the Kraven from the comics who is maddened with a twisted sense of honor and is obsessed with honorably facing Spider-Man Mano-A-Mano and beat him, not an interesting twist like we were given in the 90s version of Kraven, we don't even get a hint of Kraven being his real name, and no sign of his Russian origin

The master plan is to use Firestar (her alterego, "Angelica Jones" design is based on JRsr design of "MJ Waatson", so we can technically assume that this is the first attempt of showing MJ in animation since that one time in season 3 of the 60s series) heat power through a special jewel, a one of a kind ruby called "The Eye of India" to make dinosaurs hatch from their eggs and grow fast enough to use the dinosaurs for his master plan to take over the world
Back to top Go down
Savage
Solar-Charged

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Friends: Good Memories, Bad Show   Spider-Friends: Good Memories, Bad Show Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 8:23 pm

This show looks bad.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Friends: Good Memories, Bad Show   Spider-Friends: Good Memories, Bad Show Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 8:40 pm

It suffers from severe bad writing, even for an 80s cartoon
If you care to watch some episodes:
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=spider-man+and+his+amazing+friends&aq=f
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Friends: Good Memories, Bad Show   Spider-Friends: Good Memories, Bad Show Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 10:11 pm

Spider-Friends: Good Memories, Bad Show 31
This episode is an offense to Dr. Doom, except in him being Latveria's ambassador and his wizardry
  • Spider-Friends change their clothes on the street? If this was Ultimate Universe everyone on that block looking out of their windows with their cameras or not would recall the faces of the superheroes, and sell them to local newspapers, but no one did
    Frump takes away their powers; Iceman still covered in ice, but not cold, Spider-Man mechanical web shooters can't shoot webbing, but he still manages to jump some distance

Basically; it's a helluva mess
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Sunfire   Spider-Friends: Good Memories, Bad Show Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 6:24 am

Spider-Friends: Good Memories, Bad Show 05
In comics he's a guy who used to be a pure Japanese nationalist, a fanatic, a nut, until he became friends with the X-Men, that's Sunfire if you care to know about him
The episode is good, not bad, only one thing bad in it, or two, or three, or more
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Friends: Good Memories, Bad Show   Spider-Friends: Good Memories, Bad Show Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spider-Friends: Good Memories, Bad Show
Page 1 of 1