Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ken's Rage Demo is up @ PSN!

Go down 
+6
Superbuu3
Talking Sock
Skip
A_Nonny_Moose
Baal
Rockstar_Sinistar
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

Ken's Rage Demo is up @ PSN! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ken's Rage Demo is up @ PSN!   Ken's Rage Demo is up @ PSN! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 7:45 pm

I tried the 360 demo, and it just does nothing for me at all. I've never been a fan of the Dynasty Warriors games, and this just seems like utterly mindless button bashing. Yes, I liked scrolling beat 'em ups back in the day, but I also liked spectrum games in the mid eighties. Neither have aged very well. I like my games a little more demanding.

The Fist of the North Star film was the first 'Manga' release I ever bought (back in 1992!) and I've always had a soft spot for it, but... well, you get the idea. I deleted the demo from my hard drive just under an hour after installing it.

Last edited by SimianWonder on Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Ken's Rage Demo is up @ PSN!   Ken's Rage Demo is up @ PSN! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 7:47 pm

These games are far from easy on the highest difficulty sittings you get your ass handed to you. Gundam 2 is probably the hardest game on got on my PS3, i'm trying to platinum it now and finish off the last few missions which are impossibly hard.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

PostSubject: Re: Ken's Rage Demo is up @ PSN!   Ken's Rage Demo is up @ PSN! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 9:22 pm

Tried the demo and... I didn't enjoy it. The gameplay just isn't fun for me.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Ken's Rage Demo is up @ PSN!   Ken's Rage Demo is up @ PSN! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 9:38 pm

This demo was a terrible idea, its actually gonna screw them out of a lot of sales, anyways i'm sure me and baal will let you know what the full game is like. I doubt this will be as good as yakuza 3, but i'm sure it will still be awesome.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Ken's Rage Demo is up @ PSN!   Ken's Rage Demo is up @ PSN! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 9:56 pm

If I were in charge of any game publisher, I'd try to make sure that every game I published got a demo. Only it would be a week or two after release. Best way really.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Ken's Rage Demo is up @ PSN!   Ken's Rage Demo is up @ PSN! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 10:03 pm

Thats simply not true, there are good demos and bad demos some would put people off games.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Ken's Rage Demo is up @ PSN!   Ken's Rage Demo is up @ PSN! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 10:05 pm

Yeah, but there's no advantage to putting a demo out before release compared to after release. Pre-release demos can only hurt potential sales.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Ken's Rage Demo is up @ PSN!   Ken's Rage Demo is up @ PSN! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 10:29 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Yeah, but there's no advantage to putting a demo out before release compared to after release. Pre-release demos can only hurt potential sales.
You make a good point.
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: Ken's Rage Demo is up @ PSN!   Ken's Rage Demo is up @ PSN! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 12:08 am

...I feel like I'm about to relive being a fan of DMC2 again.

oh well, Atleast I'll have Buu & Baal to share epic tales of mass gore and destruction. (My tales most likely consisting of Jagi, As I'm planning on maining him just for the powerbomb with the shotgun finish.)
Back to top Go down
http://thepit.forumotion.com/
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Ken's Rage Demo is up @ PSN!   Ken's Rage Demo is up @ PSN! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 12:10 am

Rockstar_Bob wrote:
...I feel like I'm about to relive being a fan of DMC2 again.

oh well, Atleast I'll have Buu & Baal to share epic tales of mass gore and destruction. (My tales most likely consisting of Jagi, As I'm planning on maining him just for the powerbomb with the shotgun finish.)
I'm most likely going to main Rei.

Any Koei game gets excessive amounts of hate because you press square all the time or its easy, and neither are really the case if your playing them properly.

I've already preordered so from the 5th expect to see me talking about it unless i end up being mainly on my PS3 because of the awesome.
Back to top Go down
Maskull
Defending the Devil
Maskull

PostSubject: Re: Ken's Rage Demo is up @ PSN!   Ken's Rage Demo is up @ PSN! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 3:51 am

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
i thought this was the opposite case for brutal legend, but that's a singular event.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Ken's Rage Demo is up @ PSN!   Ken's Rage Demo is up @ PSN! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 3:54 am

I haven't played the Dynasty Warriors games, so I may as well give this a shot.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Ken's Rage Demo is up @ PSN!   Ken's Rage Demo is up @ PSN! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 7:53 pm

I thought it was a lot of fun. And it looked gorgeous.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Ken's Rage Demo is up @ PSN!   Ken's Rage Demo is up @ PSN! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 8:59 pm

Kaede wrote:
I thought it was a lot of fun. And it looked gorgeous.
A lot of people say it looks shit, but i think this just proves how much people just hate koei despite them not doing anything to piss off there fans (quite the opposite).
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Ken's Rage Demo is up @ PSN!   Ken's Rage Demo is up @ PSN! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 5:58 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Enslaved wasn't a beat 'em up, I wasn't expecting deep combat.

I'm not saying that demo wasn't fun, it just didn't really sell me on the game. I find games like this a lot more rewarding when there's an element of timing to the combos. All it seems to be pressing square and triangle at a ratio of about 5:1. Yeah, you can enter hyper mode and get new combos, but you're still just hammering square and triangle. Same for throws. And the special moves are just a single button press from the look of it.

I just don't find it to be a very engaging battle system. It's fun (well, Rei was fun, in the demo) and it looks cool, but there didn't seem to be anything to really sink my teeth into. No learning curve, other than the parry.

You'll have to play it and explain some stuff to me in more detail.