Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kaio's TV report 2010-2011

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

Kaio's TV report 2010-2011 Empty
PostSubject: Kaio's TV report 2010-2011   Kaio's TV report 2010-2011 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 11:45 pm

In this topic I will detail my opinions on the TV shows that will air this season. I decided to make this topic to enlighten the people who don't watch enough television and/or watch crap such as 2.5 Men.

These are the shows I will watch and comment on this season, as well as post interesting news on when I happen to find it:

Monday
House ( 20 September)
The Event ( 20 September)
How I Met Your Mother (20 September)

Tuesday
No Ordinary Family (28 September)
Glee (21 September)
Running Wilde (21 September)

Wednesday
Modern Family (22 September)
Undercovers (22 September)

Thursday
Community (23 September)
The Office (23 September)
Nikita (9 September)

Sunday
The Walking Dead (31 Oktober)

Series I need to watch/catch up to
Dexter
Supernatural
Smallville
Chuck
Gossip Girl

First off, let me start by telling you that you need to catch up to Community and Modern Family RIGHT NOW. They are absolutely brilliant comedies and are easily the best TV shows of the past season.

Moving on I'll post some stuff on what the shows that premiere this season are about and why you need to watch them.

The Event
The Event follows Sean Walker (Jason Ritter), a man who, while investigating the mysterious disappearance of his girlfriend, begins to discover the biggest cover-up in U.S. history.

Now the premise sounds pretty lame and cliché, but NBC has been hyping this up for months, so there must be something that's out of the ordinary about this show. It might just become the next internet phenomenon (RIP Lost).

No Ordinary Family
The show centers on the Powells, a typical American family whose members gain special abilities after their plane crash lands into the Amazon River.

A show that I will give a chance solely on the fun premise, but even moreso because it stars Julie Benz and Vic Mackey.

Running Wilde
A romantic comedy starring Will Arnett as Steve Wilde, a filthy-rich, immature playboy trying desperately to win (or buy) the heart of his childhood sweetheart, Emmy Kadubic, the über-liberal humanitarian who got away - all told through the perspective of a 12-year-old girl.

Now that premise sounds pretty lame, but there are three reason to watch this show. 1) It stars Will Arnett, a fantastic comedic actor, 2) It has David Cross in a supporting role, who is also hilarious, 3) And this is the most important one, it is by the makers of Arrested Development, one of the most critically-acclaimed comedies of all time.

Undercovers
A show about a married spy couple

TBQH the reason I will give this show a chance is because J.J. Abrams is heavily involved in it.

Nikita
The series stars Maggie Q as Nikita, a spy and assassin who has gone rogue. She is now working to bring down Division, the secret government agency which recruited her. Meanwhile, Division trains its next crop of young killers.[

Remember that old French show? Here's the American remake, which is pretty much the fill-in for 24, the action show of the past decade. Government organisations, moles and an asskicking lead. Except this time played by a woman. This being the only show that's already premiered, I can say it's pretty good, not outstanding, but it's a nice watch. The acting is okay, but the fight choreography is outstanding. The second female lead is also pretty hot, you might have seen her as Ted Mosby's future daughter in HIMYM. Maggie Q does surprisingly well as the main lead.

The Walking Dead
The Walking Dead tells the story of the aftermath of a zombie apocalypse and follows a small group of survivors traveling across the country in search of a new home away from the hordes of zombies.

It's a zombie apocalypse show. You don't even have to know the comic to know this is going to be awesome. It's also on a cable channel, so there will be lots of gore.

And that's all for the new shows.

Now to start off the TV tidbit info with my favourite current comedy, Community:

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/09/17/exclusive-community-pulls-a-rudolph/

And aside from a stop-motion episode, there will also be a (reportedly) amazing Halloween episode, a vampire episode and and a space-themed episode.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's TV report 2010-2011   Kaio's TV report 2010-2011 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 11:54 pm

I've got to catch up with Dexter, by catch up, I mean start watching it.

I'm looking forward to the new seasons of Community, How I met your mother and Modern Family too.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's TV report 2010-2011   Kaio's TV report 2010-2011 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 7:54 am

Modern Family is great. 'tis a shame that season 4 of Dexter won't be released unti- Oh, November 24th, I can live with that.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's TV report 2010-2011   Kaio's TV report 2010-2011 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 12:09 am

House season premiere was very good. Very low key, focussing entirely on season 6's aftermath. The comedic scenes were great and so was Cuddy's nekkidness. However we must say goodbye to the Jennifer Morrison boat.

Yes, it finally happened. House has new opening credits and Jennifer Morrison is no longer part of the main cast. She has sailed on to a quite different show, the show that tells the story of how I met your mother.

And with that amazing bridge we get to the HIMYM season premiere, which was fantastic. The writers said that the show would go back to its core and that's exactly what it did. Ted may meet his future wife, but, plot twist, LESBIAN KISS. Then we learn Ted meets the mother at a wedding where he is the best man. Hmmm... It's all very season 1-esque and Barney was hilarious as always. Also, LESBIAN KISS.

I haven't watched the series premiere yet. Will watch it tomorrow, together with Glee and Running Wilde.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's TV report 2010-2011   Kaio's TV report 2010-2011 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 9:17 pm

For the Community fans: http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/09/21/community-twittersode/

Glee premiere was great. It erased the sour taste of the back nine episodes from last season and it looks like Jane Lynch is going for another Emmy.

And this should make you hard in the pants:

Running Wilde premiere was fun. Nothing groundbreaking, but that's because it's just the premiere. It has the potential to be amazing. I suggest checking it out.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's TV report 2010-2011   Kaio's TV report 2010-2011 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 12:09 pm

I really don't know how to feel about that.
Back to top Go down
Savage
Solar-Charged

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's TV report 2010-2011   Kaio's TV report 2010-2011 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 1:29 pm

Hey Kaio, are you sitting down? Because you should be sitting down.

James Marsters was on Smallville last week.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's TV report 2010-2011   Kaio's TV report 2010-2011 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 3:10 pm

Lord Marsters' role in Smallville is lame.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kaio's TV report 2010-2011   Kaio's TV report 2010-2011 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kaio's TV report 2010-2011
Page 1 of 1