Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Who's excited for DMC5?

Go down 
+13
Kaio
Golden Boy
Ace
Rockstar_Sinistar
brandon
Skip
Talking Sock
Superbuu3
Baal
SimianWonder
A_Nonny_Moose
Kaede
Neo
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Who's excited for DMC5? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who's excited for DMC5?   Who's excited for DMC5? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 12:05 am

Is that a good thing or a bad thing?
I don't get it
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Who's excited for DMC5?   Who's excited for DMC5? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 12:11 am

Let's just say you can pretty much kiss DMC's standard 60fps gameplay (which it's had since the PS2) goodbye.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Who's excited for DMC5?   Who's excited for DMC5? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 12:39 am

Oh right i thought the unreal engine was a good thing a lot of games seem to use it.
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: Who's excited for DMC5?   Who's excited for DMC5? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 6:24 am

Back to top Go down
http://thepit.forumotion.com/
Ace
one crazy fool
Ace

PostSubject: Re: Who's excited for DMC5?   Who's excited for DMC5? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 5:29 pm

I think I'll just pretend this game doesn't exist.

I find doing it that way works well. Like my girlfriends sister.
Back to top Go down
http://gantzplayers.proboards.com/
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Who's excited for DMC5?   Who's excited for DMC5? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 5:39 pm

Rockstar_Bob wrote:
http://bitmob.com/articles/should-developers-listen-to-their-fans
Posted on GameFAQs about two hours ago.
Some Asshole wrote:
There's a vocal minority of gamers out there who hate with a passion the idea of change. It's these people who complained about new Dante, new Cole, and the fact that Sonic's eyes are green in Sonic the Hedgehog 4.
This guy has no idea what he's talking about, there's a huge difference between changing Sonic's eye colour and completely dismantling the already-established character of Dante in favour of a self-insertion by the Chief Designer.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: Who's excited for DMC5?   Who's excited for DMC5? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 1:43 pm

Quote :
My name is Dante.
Who's excited for DMC5? - Page 3 1287409190861
Back to top Go down
Maskull
Defending the Devil
Maskull

PostSubject: Re: Who's excited for DMC5?   Who's excited for DMC5? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 2:17 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
HI EVERYBODY wrote:
can't wait--not that i could afford it or have the system to play it on.

anyway, this looks interesting. the animation seems to be a different style than the rest of the DMC games.

I think i'll prevent my mind from breaking, however, by counting this as it's own seperate game and not part of the actual DMC series.

on the other ha---WHERE THE WHITE-HAIRED PRETTYBOYS AT!?
Bout time you came out.
E fyc bugehk vih yd baubma'c aqdnasa nayldeuh du dra mucc uv cyet bnaddopuoc, yht y pmywehk cyttmac navanahla. Ur, yht crid ib.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Who's excited for DMC5?   Who's excited for DMC5? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 2:23 pm

RE AJANOPUTO wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:
HI EVERYBODY wrote:

anyway, this looks interesting. the animation seems to be a different style than the rest of the DMC games.

I think i'll prevent my mind from breaking, however, by counting this as it's own seperate game and not part of the actual DMC series.

Bout time you came out.
E fyc bugehk vih yd baubma'c aqdnasa nayldeuh du dra mucc uv cyet bnaddopuoc, yht y pmywehk cyttmac navanahla. Ur, yht crid ib.
For those who can't read this language he says:
Quote :
I was having difficulty as i grew up coming to terms with my feelings, gaming was a good escapism, but i knew i wanted more. It was only more recently that i realised that i didn't want to look like Dante I just wanted to have sex with him.
Also he's speaking breton whatever the fuck that is.
Back to top Go down
Maskull
Defending the Devil
Maskull

PostSubject: Re: Who's excited for DMC5?   Who's excited for DMC5? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 2:38 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
RE AJANOPUTO wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:
HI EVERYBODY wrote:

Bout time you came out.
For those who can't read this language he says:
Quote :
I was having difficulty as i grew up coming to terms with my feelings, gaming was a good escapism, but i knew i wanted more. It was only more recently that i realised that i didn't want to look like Dante I just wanted to have sex with him.
Also he's speaking breton whatever the fuck that is.
Hela dno, pid oui ica duu syho funtc vun dryd du pa y dnyhcmydeuh uv fryd e dobat--hud du sahdeuh ed fyc lusbmadamo fnuhk.
Back to top Go down
Zero
The Hero
Zero

PostSubject: Re: Who's excited for DMC5?   Who's excited for DMC5? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 8:01 pm

Who's excited for DMC5? - Page 3 Englishmotherfucker
Back to top Go down
http://mysticforum.forumotion.com/
Maskull
Defending the Devil
Maskull

PostSubject: Re: Who's excited for DMC5?   Who's excited for DMC5? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 1:51 am

Zero wrote:
Who's excited for DMC5? - Page 3 Englishmotherfucker
[Okay, okay. For you, I'll speak english. That was fucking hilarious.]
Back to top Go down
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

PostSubject: Re: Who's excited for DMC5?   Who's excited for DMC5? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 6:56 am

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/104584-Devil-May-Cry-Reboot-Designed-to-Provoke-Fans

Quote :
If the new Dante upset you, annoyed you, or indeed made you want to say something about it at all, then you did exactly what Capcom hoped you would.

The fans reactions when Capcom unveiled the new Devil May Cry at the Tokyo Game Show last month were mixed, thanks to the hefty makeover developer Ninja Theory had given lead character Dante. Ninja Theory defended Dante's new look, saying that it was a sorely needed update. but it turns out that there was more to it than that. According to Capcom, part of the reason for the radical new look was to shock people into talking about Devil May Cry again.

Capcom's Chris Svensson said that the company had been well aware the changes would evoke a very strong reaction in fans, and that it had deliberately asked Ninja Theory to come up with different and more creative designs. "The original concepts that came back for Dante were actually extremely close to the Dante everyone knows and loves," he explained. "The feedback that came back from [Keiji] Inafune and [Hideaki] Itsuno was, 'No guys, this needs to be completely different, we need you to go much further and be much more creative.'" He said that by mixing things up and getting people talking, Capcom dramatically raised the visibility of the game, and stopped it from being just another Devil May Cry.

Svensson said not to expect any major changes to Dante's design before the game launches either, at least not until the end of the game. "This is meant to be an origin story," he said. "There are going to be some interesting changes and twists to what people think they know about Dante or where he came from."

By saying that it was part of a strategy, Svensson makes it sound a little cold and clinical, like Capcom was manipulating its fans, but if you put aside the language that Svensson uses and look at what Capcom actually did, it's clearly just an attempt to revitialize the series and make it exciting again. After the excesses of Devil May Cry 4, it might be just what the series needs.

Source: IGN
Back to top Go down
Ace
one crazy fool
Ace

PostSubject: Re: Who's excited for DMC5?   Who's excited for DMC5? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 7:05 am

Cop out?
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Who's excited for DMC5?   Who's excited for DMC5? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 7:49 am

LMAO, he comes across like a even bigger douche now. Anyway now way they invested that much time and money to just provoke fans or whatever.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Who's excited for DMC5?   Who's excited for DMC5? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 8:16 am

Nice move, Capcom. Nice move indeed.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Who's excited for DMC5?   Who's excited for DMC5? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 9:58 am

THAT'S EVEN WORSE. Not only did they fucking do all of these awful changes for the sake of getting people to talk about DMC, but they're trying to justify this shit like a new DMC game with just Dante wouldn't have still gotten people talking. They're not being original and they're certainly not being unique at all, they're being retards and that whole origin story thing?

THAT'S WHAT FUCKING DMC3 WAS SUPPOSED TO BE YOU FUCKING IDIOTS, YOU KNOW THIS! STOP TRYING TO JUSTIFY YOUR AWFUL DEVELOPMENT DECISIONS BY SAYING THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE AN ORIGIN STORY WHEN YOU ALREADY DID THIS!
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: Who's excited for DMC5?   Who's excited for DMC5? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 7:32 pm

Dude, I only keep dibs on this shit for lulz now. And the closest I'll come to playing this game is through YouTube.

Basara 3 looks tempting though.
Back to top Go down
http://thepit.forumotion.com/
Ace
one crazy fool
Ace

PostSubject: Re: Who's excited for DMC5?   Who's excited for DMC5? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 10:29 pm

Rockstar_Jagi wrote:
Dude, I only keep dibs on this shit for lulz now. And the closest I'll come to playing this game is through YouTube.
And this is what Capcom has done with it's so called creativity. Forced hardcore fans to ignore thier new game entirely. I'm in the same boat as you.

Man I'm not used to seeing Capcom fuck up like this. It's wierd.
Back to top Go down
Ace
one crazy fool
Ace

PostSubject: Re: Who's excited for DMC5?   Who's excited for DMC5? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 10:30 pm

Wait I forgot about Street Fighter 4. But thats just me.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Who's excited for DMC5?   Who's excited for DMC5? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 10:31 pm

Yes, fuck you, SFIV was fun.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Who's excited for DMC5?   Who's excited for DMC5? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 12:31 am

Was the announcement that it was being built on the unreal engine a trick too?
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Who's excited for DMC5?   Who's excited for DMC5? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 12:39 am

Kimarous wrote:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/104584-Devil-May-Cry-Reboot-Designed-to-Provoke-Fans

Quote :
If the new Dante upset you, annoyed you, or indeed made you want to say something about it at all, then you did exactly what Capcom hoped you would.

The fans reactions when Capcom unveiled the new Devil May Cry at the Tokyo Game Show last month were mixed, thanks to the hefty makeover developer Ninja Theory had given lead character Dante. Ninja Theory defended Dante's new look, saying that it was a sorely needed update. but it turns out that there was more to it than that. According to Capcom, part of the reason for the radical new look was to shock people into talking about Devil May Cry again.

Capcom's Chris Svensson said that the company had been well aware the changes would evoke a very strong reaction in fans, and that it had deliberately asked Ninja Theory to come up with different and more creative designs. "The original concepts that came back for Dante were actually extremely close to the Dante everyone knows and loves," he explained. "The feedback that came back from [Keiji] Inafune and [Hideaki] Itsuno was, 'No guys, this needs to be completely different, we need you to go much further and be much more creative.'" He said that by mixing things up and getting people talking, Capcom dramatically raised the visibility of the game, and stopped it from being just another Devil May Cry.

Svensson said not to expect any major changes to Dante's design before the game launches either, at least not until the end of the game. "This is meant to be an origin story," he said. "There are going to be some interesting changes and twists to what people think they know about Dante or where he came from."

By saying that it was part of a strategy, Svensson makes it sound a little cold and clinical, like Capcom was manipulating its fans, but if you put aside the language that Svensson uses and look at what Capcom actually did, it's clearly just an attempt to revitialize the series and make it exciting again. After the excesses of Devil May Cry 4, it might be just what the series needs.

Source: IGN

This is worse than Bobby Kotick.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Who's excited for DMC5?   Who's excited for DMC5? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 12:40 am

The funny thing is they'll probably just reskin dante to something more suitable and just go ahead with the game, hopefully omitting the smoking on the gargoyle to.

I mean aside from him gameplay wise i thought it looked alright although whip swords feel kinda overdone would prefer something more innovative, but ninja theory seem shit to me, althugh they do make things look nice.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Who's excited for DMC5?   Who's excited for DMC5? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 12:52 am

They also put story before gameplay, Heavenly Sword was a very mediocre hack and slash with a meh story.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who's excited for DMC5?   Who's excited for DMC5? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who's excited for DMC5?
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next