Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Who's excited for DMC5?

Go down 
+13
Kaio
Golden Boy
Ace
Rockstar_Sinistar
brandon
Skip
Talking Sock
Superbuu3
Baal
SimianWonder
A_Nonny_Moose
Kaede
Neo
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

Who's excited for DMC5? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who's excited for DMC5?   Who's excited for DMC5? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 6:23 am

Baal wrote:
Eh, I don't see it either.

DMC was already filled with Western Influences, fuck, the game series is set in America.

Total Irony given that this new guy is wearing the English flag on his left sleeve. >_>
Back to top Go down
http://thepit.forumotion.com/
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Who's excited for DMC5?   Who's excited for DMC5? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 10:35 am

Baal wrote:
And you know what the worst part of it all is? You know the absolute most despicable thing this director did?

Reuben Langdon was probably fired so they could reboot the franchise and have the new Dante modeled after and voiced by creative art designer

Reuben Langdon, the broiest motherfucker ever - he did mo-cap for Dante, took a cut off of his own paycheck to help promote DMC3, made a DMC3 live action commercial for free, and voiced the DMC Anime despite there being a pay cut

But... Why?
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Who's excited for DMC5?   Who's excited for DMC5? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 10:51 am

Why what?
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Who's excited for DMC5?   Who's excited for DMC5? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 11:04 am

I don't know. I'm just so confused that they would remove Langdon and change Dante to looking like a stereotypic lesbian prison inmate. Overreacting? Yep.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Who's excited for DMC5?   Who's excited for DMC5? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 11:07 am

I'm not a fan of DMC series, but I think the new Dante looks better and more stylish.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Who's excited for DMC5?   Who's excited for DMC5? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 2:24 pm

Baal wrote:
Yeah, this is the reason Capcom shouldn't be giving some of their properties to western directors.

Street Fighter? Fine, Dee Jay came from an American director, it's not bad.
Dead Rising? Dead Rising was good entirely because Westerners know how to make good zombie games.
Devil May Cry? Hahaha, no. Westerners can't make good hack n' slash games, as much as I hate to say it.

I thought GOW was western
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Who's excited for DMC5?   Who's excited for DMC5? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 5:48 pm

Blair Waldorf wrote:
I'm not a fan of DMC series, but I think the new Dante looks better and more stylish.

GTFO.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Who's excited for DMC5?   Who's excited for DMC5? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 8:41 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
Baal wrote:
Yeah, this is the reason Capcom shouldn't be giving some of their properties to western directors.

Dead Rising? Dead Rising was good entirely because Westerners know how to make good zombie games.
Devil May Cry? Hahaha, no. Westerners can't make good hack n' slash games, as much as I hate to say it.

God of War is the only exception, I guess you could argue Dante's Inferno since it had decent gameplay, but the game in general wasn't that memorable.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Who's excited for DMC5?   Who's excited for DMC5? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 11:25 pm

Baal wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:
Baal wrote:

God of War is the only exception, I guess you could argue Dante's Inferno since it had decent gameplay, but the game in general wasn't that memorable.

Dante's inferno for me was a big fail due to the lack of changeable weapon or character. These types of games need something to mix things up.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Who's excited for DMC5?   Who's excited for DMC5? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 11:28 pm

GoW 3 - 1
DMC5 - 0

=D
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Who's excited for DMC5?   Who's excited for DMC5? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 3:53 am

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/605600-dmc/56406554

My contribution to the anger going on at the DmC board.
Back to top Go down
Maskull
Defending the Devil
Maskull

PostSubject: Re: Who's excited for DMC5?   Who's excited for DMC5? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 10:48 am

can't wait--not that i could afford it or have the system to play it on.

anyway, this looks interesting. the animation seems to be a different style than the rest of the DMC games.

I think i'll prevent my mind from breaking, however, by counting this as it's own seperate game and not part of the actual DMC series.

on the other ha---WHERE THE WHITE-HAIRED PRETTYBOYS AT!?
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Who's excited for DMC5?   Who's excited for DMC5? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 4:02 pm

HI EVERYBODY wrote:
can't wait--not that i could afford it or have the system to play it on.

anyway, this looks interesting. the animation seems to be a different style than the rest of the DMC games.

I think i'll prevent my mind from breaking, however, by counting this as it's own seperate game and not part of the actual DMC series.

on the other ha---WHERE THE WHITE-HAIRED PRETTYBOYS AT!?
Bout time you came out.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Who's excited for DMC5?   Who's excited for DMC5? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 5:28 pm

They should make the new Dante act like those goth kids from South Park.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Who's excited for DMC5?   Who's excited for DMC5? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 6:48 pm

"The essence of Devil May Cry is all about 'cool,'" he says. "It's about Dante being cool and making you feel cool when you're playing it, and so the combat and the style system and everything is integral to that. But, you know, what was cool 12 years ago -- I think that was when the first game came out [Editor's Note: he's a bit off, as the first title came out in 2001] -- isn't cool anymore. If Dante, dressed as he was, walked into any bar outside of Tokyo, he'd get laughed out. What Devil May Cry did when it launched was it brought everything that was great about action cinema like the fashion, music -- it was like a cultural melting pot -- and I feel like now, for Devil May Cry to have that same impact, it needs to draw on new things. New music, new ways of cinematography, new fashion."

http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3181535

See? I told you that the old one was out of fashion.
Back to top Go down
Kaede
Piss scared of wasps
Kaede

PostSubject: Re: Who's excited for DMC5?   Who's excited for DMC5? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 7:12 pm

He's obviously off his rocker. Dante always looks fashionable.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Who's excited for DMC5?   Who's excited for DMC5? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 7:48 pm

Oh yeah, the old Dante looks stupid, but the new one is fine. Especially since people still wear the Union Jack on their sleeves, right?
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Who's excited for DMC5?   Who's excited for DMC5? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 7:49 pm

Baal wrote:
Oh yeah, the old Dante looks stupid, but the new one is fine. Especially since people still wear the Union Jack on their sleeves, right?
How did you know how i dress?
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Who's excited for DMC5?   Who's excited for DMC5? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 7:50 pm

Quote :
it will still feel "mechanically responsive," and control "like a DMC game,"
Quote :
Ninja Theory

Oh what bullshit is this?
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Who's excited for DMC5?   Who's excited for DMC5? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 7:50 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
Baal wrote:
How did you know how i dress?

CLAIRVOYANCE MAN.
Back to top Go down
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

PostSubject: Re: Who's excited for DMC5?   Who's excited for DMC5? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 3:58 am