Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

No SSFIV topic from Baal?

Go down 
+5
Golden Boy
Rockstar_Sinistar
Superbuu3
Baal
A_Nonny_Moose
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

No SSFIV topic from Baal? Empty
PostSubject: No SSFIV topic from Baal?   No SSFIV topic from Baal? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 12:12 am

I'm shocked. He's usually the first to prattle on about what game he was just playing.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: No SSFIV topic from Baal?   No SSFIV topic from Baal? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 12:13 am

I'm too busy playing it.

Anyways, I finished Dudley's Trials now I'm working on Sakura's.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: No SSFIV topic from Baal?   No SSFIV topic from Baal? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 12:16 am

What are these trial things?
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: No SSFIV topic from Baal?   No SSFIV topic from Baal? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 12:20 am

It's a mode that gives you combos to do and lets you figure out a character better.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: No SSFIV topic from Baal?   No SSFIV topic from Baal? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 1:37 am

its just a tutorial basically telling you how to cancel into and out of moves
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: No SSFIV topic from Baal?   No SSFIV topic from Baal? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 1:49 am

That too, I'm currently on Sakura's 18th one, pissing me off.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: No SSFIV topic from Baal?   No SSFIV topic from Baal? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 2:05 am

Good. I'll need one of those. It's a pity Tekken 6 didn't keep the command training from DR on the PSP. It doesn't even show you the commands for the sample combos, or let you scroll through the command select while playing. Or have a record function. Tekken 6's practice mode sucks basically.
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: No SSFIV topic from Baal?   No SSFIV topic from Baal? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 2:09 am

...Am I going to like Makoto's Trial? I've been too busy fighting the A.I. and just seeing the different endings in Arcade mode.

...Still need to get better with Guile. I totally sucked when I got to Seth. -_- It does not help that my favorite Ultra involves pressing the goddamned Up button in mid-execution either! This is what prevents me from performing Dee Jay's OraOraOraOraOra Ultra as well!!! Fuck!!!
Back to top Go down
http://thepit.forumotion.com/
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: No SSFIV topic from Baal?   No SSFIV topic from Baal? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 2:14 am

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Good. I'll need one of those. It's a pity Tekken 6 didn't keep the command training from DR on the PSP. It doesn't even show you the commands for the sample combos, or let you scroll through the command select while playing. Or have a record function. Tekken 6's practice mode sucks basically.

any 10 hit string only takes all of two mins to figure out in tekken
there easy the juggles are the tougher part, but if you got a launcher even thats not that helpful

SF4 gives you a decent idea of waht you can do and then you can go to town from there
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: No SSFIV topic from Baal?   No SSFIV topic from Baal? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 2:14 am

I've actually gotten used to that.

Anyways, I wouldn't know about Makoto's as I'm awful with her and still haven't done her trials yet. I might get better after that but here's a list of characters I'm good with.

Sakura
Dan
Hakan
Cody
Dudley
Ibuki (Surprisingly)
Juri

Dee Jay I'm not so good as but i've been able to use him well enough and can do all of his techniques without much trouble.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: No SSFIV topic from Baal?   No SSFIV topic from Baal? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 2:15 am

Rockstar_Majima wrote:
...Am I going to like Makoto's Trial? I've been too busy fighting the A.I. and just seeing the different endings in Arcade mode.

...Still need to get better with Guile. I totally sucked when I got to Seth. -_- It does not help that my favorite Ultra involves pressing the goddamned Up button in mid-execution either! This is what prevents me from performing Dee Jay's OraOraOraOraOra Ultra as well!!! Fuck!!!

you mean the vega style finishers
personallly specials are never a problem for me i this its the cancels when using those kinda supers there pretty ludicrous
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: No SSFIV topic from Baal?   No SSFIV topic from Baal? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 2:20 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
A_Nonny_Moose wrote:

Fuck the silly 10 hit strings. Dr on the PSP had a mode called Command Training whihc gave you money for doing a list of moves as quick as possible, with one or two sample combos (by combo I mean juggle) in there as well. And every character had 5 sample combos in there movelist, and the practice would tell you if you were doing things right and stuff. In Tekken 6 it just shows you the juggle and that's it. Doesn't give you the commands or help you in any way other than that. Tekken 6's practice mode is basically for people who already know what they're doing and just want to play around and experiment. There's no mode to ease beginners into the game's mechanics.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: No SSFIV topic from Baal?   No SSFIV topic from Baal? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 2:23 am

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:
A_Nonny_Moose wrote:

Fuck the silly 10 hit strings. Dr on the PSP had a mode called Command Training whihc gave you money for doing a list of moves as quick as possible, with one or two sample combos (by combo I mean juggle) in there as well. And every character had 5 sample combos in there movelist, and the practice would tell you if you were doing things right and stuff. In Tekken 6 it just shows you the juggle and that's it. Doesn't give you the commands or help you in any way other than that. Tekken 6's practice mode is basically for people who already know what they're doing and just want to play around and experiment. There's no mode to ease beginners into the game's mechanics.
tekken is like really shit now
theres a reason i stopped playing that less and less over the years
and they fuck up characters a lot and kill ppl off way to freely
its just annoying

i've lost interest in pretty much all namco fighters
the old school games are way more fun
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: No SSFIV topic from Baal?   No SSFIV topic from Baal? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 2:29 am

Kill off characters? There are no characters I can think that have been killed off and not replced by someone with the same basic moveset. Every move set that Tekken's ever had is represented in Tekken 6.

The actual core gameplay of Tekken 6 is the best in the series to me. It's just that all the side modes are half assed.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: No SSFIV topic from Baal?   No SSFIV topic from Baal? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 2:33 am

Actually, the one area where Tekken is getting worse is the increasingly stupid bosses. They need to stop that.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: No SSFIV topic from Baal?   No SSFIV topic from Baal? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 2:33 am

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Kill off characters? There are no characters I can think that have been killed off and not replced by someone with the same basic moveset. Every move set that Tekken's ever had is represented in Tekken 6.

The actual core gameplay of Tekken 6 is the best in the series to me. It's just that all the side modes are half assed.

theres subtle differences
i know these fine tunings are considered balancing but it alters shit and not always in a good way
and a few have big differences in character stats if not move sets
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: No SSFIV topic from Baal?   No SSFIV topic from Baal? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 2:42 am

Of course there's subtle differences. Every character gets tweaked with every game.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: No SSFIV topic from Baal?   No SSFIV topic from Baal? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 2:50 am

well i've been playing street fighter and tekken for at least 15 years
street fighter a couple more

and with that length of time with a game

you can tell when they fuck around with controls way too much
and its not even in the refreshing way that the MK series try

tekken is doesn't know what it wants to be
it goes one direction thinks of fuck we cocked that up lets go back in this one
way too many shortcomings for such a long running series
and aoul blade and soul calibur were the peak of the other namco fighting series
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: No SSFIV topic from Baal?   No SSFIV topic from Baal? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 2:58 am

I've been playing Tekken since the first one too, and I don't see how they've messed with the controls too much. It's just evolved accordingly, what with the introduction of 3D movement and then 3D environments.

Of course then there's Tekken 4, which I liked, but then again I didn't play it any type of competitive level. I still like it just as an attempt at something new, even though it the stage design and balance failed horribly (although aesthetically the stages were great).

I kind of wish they had plowed onwards with it and tried to fix the Tekken 4 engine rather than just going back to the Tekken 3/tag engine and improving that. But then again, Tekken 6 is my favourite one yet, so I'm not complaining.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: No SSFIV topic from Baal?   No SSFIV topic from Baal? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 3:01 am

Anyway, I'll probably pick this up on Friday.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: No SSFIV topic from Baal?   No SSFIV topic from Baal? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 3:05 am

well tekken 2-4
i was playing at a high enough standard that i could take on 8 man teams with a single character

and i didn't even own T4 so i was going through on my strength as a T3 player
admittedly i did like 5
6 to me wasn't as good as 2 and 5 though which were in my opinion the best by a long shot
and characters are too damn bouncy in this one
not like i ever played anyone where that was too big a problem
but its still a shitty system

if i bothered playing this hardcore like the old ones i'm sure i could do juggles carrying someone from mid arena to wall and fuck em up
basically making it a one hit dependent perfect
but i find that kinda cheap and it kills the fun of a fighting game being able to do that
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: No SSFIV topic from Baal?   No SSFIV topic from Baal? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 3:07 am

mines in the mail fuck knows when i'll get it though
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: No SSFIV topic from Baal?   No SSFIV topic from Baal? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 3:24 am

Any character should be able to wall carry from the middle of a stage. But it's certainly not a case of that one launch netting you the round. The best practical combos will take off about 2/3 of someone's health though. That's always satisfying. But even then they can just do it right back to you. Most normal combos will net around 70 damage, and the health bar is 180 I think, and most decent matches will be as much or more based around spacing and pokes than juggles.

Plus 5 rounds is the standard in Tekken, so you get more of a chance. Isn't it only 3 in SF?
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: No SSFIV topic from Baal?   No SSFIV topic from Baal? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 7:06 am

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:

I don't know if they are easier in Super, but many of these combos were very frustrating and not practical for actual matches.

I don't like the gameplay of Street Fighter in general though. Combos are about pressing buttons too fast (that's why many players use turbo controllers), some moves have silly priority and invincibility frames and the games have serious balancing issues. Plus the VAST majority of players online use the same 3 or 4 characters -Ryu, Ken, Sagat and Akuma- who all play very simarly and it gets dull fast chasing them while they only throw fireballs (it felt like I was playing a platformer). Although now with the addition of 10 more characters this might change.
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: No SSFIV topic from Baal?   No SSFIV topic from Baal? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 11:19 am

Chuck Bass wrote:
A_Nonny_Moose wrote:

I don't know if they are easier in Super, but many of these combos were very frustrating and not practical for actual matches.

I don't like the gameplay of Street Fighter in general though. Combos are about pressing buttons too fast (that's why many players use turbo controllers), some moves have silly priority and invincibility frames and the games have serious balancing issues. Plus the VAST majority of players online use the same 3 or 4 characters -Ryu, Ken, Sagat and Akuma- who all play very simarly and it gets dull fast chasing them while they only throw fireballs (it felt like I was playing a platformer). Although now with the addition of 10 more characters this might change.

Makoto doesn't shoot fireballs. The most she does is charge in quickly to land a punch. (QCF-Punch)
Back to top Go down
http://thepit.forumotion.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No SSFIV topic from Baal?   No SSFIV topic from Baal? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

No SSFIV topic from Baal?
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next