Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Summer Wars

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
DeeCee
Skypiea Priest
DeeCee

Summer Wars Empty
PostSubject: Summer Wars   Summer Wars Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 1:18 am

Well, it's been loooong time since I last saw an anime movie that wasn't Pokemon, bleh. So I checked this shit out. It came out August 2009, found it subbed.

Synopsis
When timid eleventh-grader and math genius Kenji Koiso is asked by older student and secret crush Natsuki to come with her to her family's Nagano home for a summer job, he agrees without hesitation. Natsuki's family, the Jinnouchi clan, dates back to the Muromachi era (1336 to 1573), and they've all come together to celebrate the 90th birthday of the spunky matriarch of the family, Sakae. That’s when Kenji discovers his "summer job" is to pretend to be Natsuki's fiance and dance with her at the birthday celebration. As Kenji attempts to keep up with Natsuki's act around her family, he receives a strange math problem on his cell phone which, being a math genius, he can't resist solving. As it turns out, the solution to the mysterious equation causes a bizarre parallel world to collide with Earth, and it's up to Kenji and his new fake family to put reality back in order.

One thought kept popping up when I was watching this (1hr 54min) anime movie...Digimon: The Movie, more specifically "Our War Game" part. The animation, the setting of the confrontation and the antagonist all reminded me of Our War Game.

My Synopsis:

So basically yeah, 11th grader math-wiz guy has a crush on his female sempai. She offers a summer job at her home and he accepts not knowing exactly what it was. Her family is pretty historically famous and such and big. So what's his job? Apparently she promised to bring a boyfriend to show her 90 year old grandmother and he's the boyfriend!

Not interested? Well the plot doesn't start till now. You see, everybody on this internet world (called Oz) has their own avatar, and when the wiz-kid solves a math problem via e-mail(that he couldn't resist), he accidentally hacks the Oz system(there's a twist to this later on) and an unknown A.I. hacks his avatar and starts fucking shit up everywhere electronically. So him and the family work together to try and SAVE THE DAY! There are some outside problems that happen as well throughout the movie so it's not just "OMG save the world from ZE INTERWEBZ".

See? Our War Game right thur. I really thought Diaboromon might pop out somewhere. The whole inside the internet looked very similar to the internet in Digimon The movie.

BTW, I liked Digimon: The Movie.

I rated this movie 8/10. Check it out, sorry that it's only subbed for you dubbed guys, but maybe some studio will pick it up?

Thank you for reading. KUHA HAHA
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

Summer Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Wars   Summer Wars Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 1:33 am

Malcolm King wrote:
Synopsis
When timid eleventh-grader and math genius Kenji Koiso is asked by older student and secret crush Natsuki to come with her to her family's Nagano home for a summer job, he agrees without hesitation. Natsuki's family, the Jinnouchi clan, dates back to the Muromachi era (1336 to 1573), and they've all come together to celebrate the 90th birthday of the spunky matriarch of the family, Sakae. That’s when Kenji discovers his "summer job" is to pretend to be Natsuki's fiance and dance with her at the birthday celebration. As Kenji attempts to keep up with Natsuki's act around her family, he receives a strange math problem on his cell phone which, being a math genius, he can't resist solving.
yawn yawn yawn

Quote :
As it turns out, the solution to the mysterious equation causes a bizarre parallel world to collide with Earth, and it's up to Kenji and his new fake family to put reality back in order.

Japan needs to a take a fucking course in story structure. It sounds like they took two separate films and just pasted them together to save money.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Summer Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Wars   Summer Wars Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 2:07 am

that sounds soooo bad words can't even describe

seriously why would he get that random shit on his phone except as the worlds most retarded plot device
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

Summer Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Wars   Summer Wars Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 2:44 am

So Zetta Lame.

...Yes...I went there.
Back to top Go down
http://thepit.forumotion.com/
DeeCee
Skypiea Priest
DeeCee

Summer Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Wars   Summer Wars Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 5:21 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
that sounds soooo bad words can't even describe

seriously why would he get that random shit on his phone except as the worlds most retarded plot device

other ppl got it too, in fact, he got it wrong so it wasn't even his fault.
Back to top Go down
Little_Zhurong
First Mate
Little_Zhurong

Summer Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Wars   Summer Wars Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 11:40 pm

Sounds ok I haven't seen it yet.
Back to top Go down
Rockstar_Sinistar
Gary
Rockstar_Sinistar

Summer Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Wars   Summer Wars Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 12:26 am

Rockstar_Gear wrote:
So Zetta Lame.

...Yes...I went there.

You fucking poser. You own the DVD and you fucking LOVED it. DON'T FUCKING LIE TO US!
Back to top Go down
http://thepit.forumotion.com/
Sponsored content

Summer Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Wars   Summer Wars Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Summer Wars
Page 1 of 1