Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How I met your Mother

Go down 
+8
Neo
Eevil-Psycho
Talking Sock
Kaio
KittensOnACloud
Superbuu3
Skip
Baal
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

How I met your Mother Empty
PostSubject: How I met your Mother   How I met your Mother Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 5:55 am

I'm going to watch the first season of this to see if it's any good because it has one of the actors from I love you, man and Neil Patrick Harris.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: How I met your Mother   How I met your Mother Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 6:00 am

HIMYM is great.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: How I met your Mother   How I met your Mother Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 6:09 am

Holy shit it's the chick from American Pie!
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: How I met your Mother   How I met your Mother Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 12:42 pm

yeah dougie is awesome
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
KittensOnACloud
Official Sandwich Maker
KittensOnACloud

PostSubject: Re: How I met your Mother   How I met your Mother Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 12:04 am

Love it!
Barney is awesome.

Oh Buu, I forgot to tell you; I saw the bro code in the book store the other day. There was no 'The Playbook'.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: How I met your Mother   How I met your Mother Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 1:48 am

We live by our own Bro code on RD it features Donne Yen and Rocky and no Kevin Costner.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: How I met your Mother   How I met your Mother Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 5:13 pm

Kids.

Let me tell you the story of how I met the most outrageously terrible series finale ever. A series finale that made lumberjack Dexter look like it was the Six Feet Under finale. I could take nine years to tell you this story, but since I'm not that horrible, I'll condense it. A little.

It all started in the year 2010 when I started watching an acclaimed show starring a bunch of talented people like Neil Patrick harris, the guy from Apatow's stoner movies and Willow. I immediately fell in love with this show for its lovable characters, quirky storylines and continuity and its big romantic heart. Also it was really funny, even though it was on CBS. I got my friends hooked too and soon enough we had a bunch of episodes we always watched when we were stoned. We even had a GET PSYCHED mix when we were not stoned.

But over the years things got rough. You see, kids, some shows get kind of bad when they go on for too long. And this show was no exception. So by the time I was fully caught up, things had already gotten bumpy. But they kept bringing me back in with things like lesbian Rachel Bilson. Which is HOT. As the show kept going on, they started dragging out this annoying plot with two characters that I shall refer to as "Rachel" and "Joey", for the sake of SPOILERS. You see Rachel and Joey were going to get married. Even though it didn't make much sense. But the writers decided what the hell, let's spend FOUR seasons on working up to these two tying the knot. And over the course of these four seasons things basically turned to shit. But there were still some gems in there. Still some episodes that reminded me of the GET PSYCHED mix days. So I watched as "Ross" kept pining for Rachel, and Rachel kept forgiving Joey for being gross as fuck, hoping that things would get better.

Kids, I have to tell you about this show called 24. It was a show that covered a day every season and every episode was an hour. And every hour Jack Bauer would torture someone to save the president. But that's a story for another day. Anyway, the writers of this show thought they could do a (sort of) realtime show too. You see Rachel and Joey were FINALLY getting married, but their wedding weekend was going to take an entire season, so we could see every miserable second of the build-up to a wedding we didn't care about that had already been built up for 3 seasons. also, the writers decided to show very little of Ross' final conquest, this wonderful character they just introduced and was the axis on which this show turned, because fuck it. Joey has a comedic antic to perform, while "Monica" and "Chandler" have to fight and make up every other episode. Also Chandler wasn't in half the season because he gave up a couple seasons ago as well.

Anyway, a large portion of the final season was spent on Ross getting over Rachel. ENTIRE episodes were spent on it. But this paved the way for Ross to finally forget about her and meet someone good and be happy. So in the penultimate episode Rachel and Joey got hitched and Ross was entirely okay with it.

And kids, that brings us to the finale.

Ross met the woman of his dreams, the person he was destined (as we were told throughout the series) to live a happy live with for the rest of his live. We saw them have kids and we saw them get married. And they were happy. And so were we. But not every nine season comedy deserves a happy ending. Because as it turned out, Joey and Rachel thought their marriage was just as gross as we thought it was. So they got divorced. After spending 4 years on how they were meant to be together. FOUR YEARS. And Joey? He went back to being a caricature. But then he knocked up some girl and fell in love with the baby. At least he didn't get a horrible spin-off show. But here's the kicker, kids. After NINE seasons of looking for love and one season of meeting this perfect mother, it turns out SHE FUCKING DIES.

Boom. Series ruined.

And as we learn in the final moments of the show, Ross decides to get back with Rachel. Because they were supposed to be together all along and the Mother we were constantly told about was just a footnote in their epic romance.

And that's how I met the series finale to How I Met Your Mother, the worst thing ever.

But kids, I have two lessons to teach you.

One: Some things should not be drawn out. How I Met Your Mother could've sustained itself for a couple seasons. Making it longer dilutes the story, especially when you've shot the scenes where the mother is confirmed dead 8 years ago. Similarly, this entire post would've been funnier if I got to the point immediately. Now you're just kind of embarassed for me that I'm dragging it out for so long. And you think I'm a hack writer. Which is entirely valid.

Two: Friends was much better than HIMYM because I didn't want to strangle people when Ross and Rachel decided to get together again at the end. Because Friends was fucking awesome and HIMYM is desecrating its legacy by ripping off its characters and not even being unable to give them an appropriate ending.

Final verdict: 0 pineapples out of 10.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: How I met your Mother   How I met your Mother Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 5:29 pm

Kaio wrote:
Now you're just kind of embarassed for me that I'm dragging it out for so long. And you think I'm a hack writer. Which is entirely valid.

I think it's symbolic. It represents the dragged out nature of this show, and the final score represents the crashing and the burning.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: How I met your Mother   How I met your Mother Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 6:07 pm

somehow, I knew it was going to be disappointing, kinda why i stopped watching anyways..
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: How I met your Mother   How I met your Mother Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 6:09 pm

Eevil-Psycho wrote:
somehow, I knew it was going to be disappointing, kinda why i stopped watching anyways..

If it ended two minutes earlier, before the Mother dies and Ted goes back to Robin, it would've been fine and a satisfying conclusion.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: How I met your Mother   How I met your Mother Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 7:17 pm

Yeah it was shit. I found the fact that several seasons were spent establishing the multitude of reasons why Ted and Robin would never work the most offensive, considering how the show ends.

Who's hyped for 20 seasons of How I Met Your Dad?
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: How I met your Mother   How I met your Mother Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 9:33 am

I just got around to watching this (as at the time it was released I was a couple episodes behind and didn't have a spare hour and a half). I could have forgiven the comparatively terrible last few seasons if it had a satisfying conclusion. I find it pretty hard to believe that the writers were sitting on that final twist for 9 years and never realised it was shit.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: How I met your Mother   How I met your Mother Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 12:35 pm

That sounds like a bit of a kick in the teeth glad I didn't watch this through.
Back to top Go down
KittensOnACloud
Official Sandwich Maker
KittensOnACloud

PostSubject: Re: How I met your Mother   How I met your Mother Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 12:35 am

Worst ending to all endings, ever. Can't bring myself to watch it. :'( I hate Ted.
Back to top Go down
KittensOnACloud
Official Sandwich Maker
KittensOnACloud

PostSubject: Re: How I met your Mother   How I met your Mother Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 12:42 am

Kaio wrote:
Kids.

Let me tell you the story of how I met the most outrageously terrible series finale ever. A series finale that made lumberjack Dexter look like it was the Six Feet Under finale. I could take nine years to tell you this story, but since I'm not that horrible, I'll condense it. A little.

Final verdict: 0 pineapples out of 10.

This... is, genius! This had me cracking up from start to finish. Awesome summary Kaio, really summed up everything. (Y)
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

PostSubject: Re: How I met your Mother   How I met your Mother Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2014 10:02 pm

incase anyones interested
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: How I met your Mother   How I met your Mother Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2014 10:21 pm

Thank you. Why that is not the real ending is beyond me. Hack creators.
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: How I met your Mother   How I met your Mother Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2014 12:02 pm

damn it, it's deleted
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: How I met your Mother   How I met your Mother Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2014 12:31 pm

This is potentially the same one, I was late to it too. If it is, then it really is dramatically better. How even did the other one get aired?
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: How I met your Mother   How I met your Mother Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2014 5:10 pm

yeah, that's definitely better.
Back to top Go down
????
Butter Bomb

PostSubject: Re: How I met your Mother   How I met your Mother Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2014 2:57 am

So I watch some of How I met your Mother and I am just wondering.

What is so funny about it again?

I know, I am the asshole who doesn't like anything, but I tried. I swear, I TRIED to find something funny about this show. I just can't. I really can't!

Am I missing something?
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: How I met your Mother   How I met your Mother Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2014 4:35 am

It depends on the episodes you watched, really. The show definitely oscillated between bad and funny.
Back to top Go down
Aiko93
Deck Hand
Aiko93

PostSubject: Re: How I met your Mother   How I met your Mother Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2014 5:33 pm

I think HIMYM is great! Generally I don't watch american sitcoms, but this makes me laugh a lot.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: How I met your Mother   How I met your Mother Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2014 8:30 pm

Aiko93 wrote:
I think HIMYM is great! Generally I don't watch american sitcoms, but this makes me laugh a lot.
The ending made the whole show seem like a waste of time.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: How I met your Mother   How I met your Mother Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2014 9:21 pm

It was funny in the early days, but as the series went on some of the storylines were just ridiculous, and the ending basically spat in the face of all the character development Ted went through.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How I met your Mother   How I met your Mother Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How I met your Mother
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next