Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Watching the entire Disney animated canon

Go down 
+6
SimianWonder
Superbuu3
Kimarous
Kaede
Talking Sock
Kaio
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

Watching the entire Disney animated canon - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Watching the entire Disney animated canon   Watching the entire Disney animated canon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 4:35 pm

Sleeping Beauty
Alright movie. Aurora is thankfully just a side character and it's all about the fairies and MAELFICENT AND THE POWERS OF HELL. The final part was great and it's no wonder Maleficent is the queen of the Disney big bads.

101 Dalmations
BEST DOG MOVIE EVER. Also, easily the best classic out of the Walt Disney era. Everything about this movie is fantastic. Characters, awesome villain, music and story.

The Sword in the Stone
This movie was blah. 90% of the movie was Merlin teaching Arthur the values of life, then there was the annoying villain Madam Moochi (or something) and Arthur pulling Excalibur out of the stone was incredibly dull.

The Jungle Book
Walt's final movie and it's nothing to be ashamed of. Great characters and the music and songs were especially awesome. And Shere Khan's voice is glorious.

Well then, time to enter a decline in quality that will result in a dark age of Disney failure.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Watching the entire Disney animated canon   Watching the entire Disney animated canon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 4:39 pm

Current leaderboard:

1. 101 Dalmations (17; 1961)
2. The Jungle Book (19; 1967)
3. Peter Pan (14; 1953)
4. Pinocchio (2; 1940)
5. Lady and the Tramp (15; 1955)
6. Sleeping Beauty (16; 1959)
7. Alice in Wonderland (13; 1951)
8. Fantasia (3; 1940)
9. Bambi (5; 1942)
10. Cinderella (12; 1950)
11. The Sword in the Stone
12. Dumbo (4; 1941)
13. Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (1; 1937)
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Watching the entire Disney animated canon   Watching the entire Disney animated canon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 7:35 pm

It's amazing how 101 Dalmations was so good despite the ridiculously rushed beginning.

Actually, it's funny, a lot of the older Disney films' stories felt ridiculously fast paced at times. Ones like Peter Pan would funny enough be bombarded with hate and criticism in today's time for the way it was handled, I'd probably still think it was a good film though.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Watching the entire Disney animated canon   Watching the entire Disney animated canon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 1:13 pm

So...It's been a while. Thoughts on each film released just prior to the Disney renaissance days?
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Watching the entire Disney animated canon   Watching the entire Disney animated canon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 1:39 pm

Phil Collins is terrible.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Watching the entire Disney animated canon   Watching the entire Disney animated canon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 1:47 pm

That was random.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Watching the entire Disney animated canon   Watching the entire Disney animated canon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 2:52 pm

No it wasn't. Phil Collins did the music for Tarzan, Tarzan is part of the Disney animated canon so it is entirely relevant.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Watching the entire Disney animated canon   Watching the entire Disney animated canon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 3:00 pm

Not yet, this topic isn't up to Disney renaissance, save your Collins hate for when it comes. And look on the bright side, at least they didn't use that other version of Trashing the Camp, the one he did with 'N Sync. Then again, the alternative that we wound up with was Rosie O'Donnell, so...Yeah...

Anyway, We left off on the "Oh my God, all is lost" days of Disney. We need to see some Black Cauldron hate first, God that one sucked.
Back to top Go down
Ace
one crazy fool
Ace

PostSubject: Re: Watching the entire Disney animated canon   Watching the entire Disney animated canon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 4:03 pm

Fox and the Hound was the single movie that hit me on the biggest emotional level. They were bros and then had to grow up to be enemies. I love stories like that.
Back to top Go down
http://gantzplayers.proboards.com/
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Watching the entire Disney animated canon   Watching the entire Disney animated canon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 5:36 pm

If you thought the movie was emotional, read the original story. That's just downright tragic.

And Phil Collins is awesome and someone needs to stream the entire Disney series.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Watching the entire Disney animated canon   Watching the entire Disney animated canon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 11:10 pm

I'm not streaming the Disney series again anytime soon, that was a lot of downloading and even though it was a fucking awesome night I don't really care to go through all of that downloading again.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Watching the entire Disney animated canon   Watching the entire Disney animated canon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 11:14 pm

Just do one movie a week at a specific time.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Watching the entire Disney animated canon   Watching the entire Disney animated canon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 11:18 pm

That I can do.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Watching the entire Disney animated canon   Watching the entire Disney animated canon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 11:21 pm

Whoo.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Watching the entire Disney animated canon   Watching the entire Disney animated canon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 3:32 am

I hope I can actually watch them. Ever since firefox got that plugin container shit, watching stream videos has become a bitch. I'd terminate the process when I watch it, but you know Firefox. It'd probably screw up like it was having a nervous breakdown just for doing that.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Watching the entire Disney animated canon   Watching the entire Disney animated canon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 3:33 am

Baal wrote:
No it wasn't. Phil Collins did the music for Tarzan, Tarzan is part of the Disney animated canon so it is entirely relevant.
i loved that soundtrack
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Watching the entire Disney animated canon   Watching the entire Disney animated canon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 3:39 am

I was cool with the soundtrack itself, aside from that stupid 'N Sync n' Collins version of Trashing the Camp...and the original version of that song in general.

The score was also pretty good. It was done by one of the co-composers who worked under Hans Zimmer during the production of The Lion King's music.
Back to top Go down
Kimarous
CP9 Agent
Kimarous

PostSubject: Re: Watching the entire Disney animated canon   Watching the entire Disney animated canon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 4:21 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
Baal wrote:
i loved that soundtrack
I second this.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Watching the entire Disney animated canon   Watching the entire Disney animated canon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 5:13 am

Kaio wrote:
101 Dalmations
BEST DOG MOVIE EVER. Also, easily the best classic out of the Walt Disney era. Everything about this movie is fantastic. Characters, awesome villain, music and story.

This film became really dull after rewatching it after all these years. But I don't blame the plot, its big flaw is the same problem with most of the Disney classics, a lot of slowness and draaaagging. Everything before the puppies were born was fun and flowed nicely, then after that it pretty much becomes a borefest till they're reunited with their parents. Of course the animation was nice though, and unlike most animated films, the flatness of the art style added to the film instead of being detrimental.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Watching the entire Disney animated canon   Watching the entire Disney animated canon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 7:16 am

I gotta say disney animation is way better then studio ghibli.

I saw about 1 minute of a film called Ponyo, I think thats ghibli anyway, i think i seen the dvd in the shops before.

Anways Aladdin was also on and i was just thinking the animation looked a lot smoother. I'm suprised no one has ever mentioned that here before.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Watching the entire Disney animated canon   Watching the entire Disney animated canon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 4:55 pm

Got the recent blu-ray release of Lady and the Tramp. Such a nice film. And NC can go screw himself, the animation is great.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Watching the entire Disney animated canon   Watching the entire Disney animated canon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 3:37 pm

Disney sent me an aladdin blu ray for free.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Watching the entire Disney animated canon   Watching the entire Disney animated canon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 3:55 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Watching the entire Disney animated canon   Watching the entire Disney animated canon - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Watching the entire Disney animated canon
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2