Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Hurt Locker

Go down 
+3
Superbuu3
Savage
A_Nonny_Moose
7 posters
AuthorMessage
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

The Hurt Locker Empty
PostSubject: The Hurt Locker   The Hurt Locker Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 10:35 pm

Watched this last night. Not quite what I expected, since with a name like "The Hurt Locker" it sounded like it was going a pretty silly action film. But instead it was... well, a kind of generic Iraq war movie. Not bad, but I don't see what's so amazing about it. Certainly not worthy of being called possibly the best war film ever.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

The Hurt Locker Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hurt Locker   The Hurt Locker Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 7:13 pm

Can't believe this thing won Best Picture. I honestly can't see why it was even nominated.
Back to top Go down
Savage
Solar-Charged

The Hurt Locker Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hurt Locker   The Hurt Locker Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 7:18 pm

I didn't even know that women were allowed to direct movies, so that was more of a shock than anything.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

The Hurt Locker Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hurt Locker   The Hurt Locker Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 7:19 pm

its probably why it got an award

just because the sexist judges:
a) thought women couldn't direct films
b) were worried about being called sexist if it didn't win it
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

The Hurt Locker Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hurt Locker   The Hurt Locker Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 7:32 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:

You're right. It won all awards in every award ceremony because the movie was made by a woman. It's also the reason why every movie made a black guy is instantly secured of Oscars when he makes a film.

Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

The Hurt Locker Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hurt Locker   The Hurt Locker Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 7:33 pm

The actual reason it won was because almost every other movie sucked, Up is animated and can't be taken seriously and Inglorious Basterds is too edgy and niche to win.

And of course it won because it's about all those poor Iraq soldiers boohoo.
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

The Hurt Locker Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hurt Locker   The Hurt Locker Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 7:35 pm

No, but really.

The fact Inglorious Basterds didn't win anything is proof the Oscars are a joke.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

The Hurt Locker Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hurt Locker   The Hurt Locker Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 7:35 pm

I just don't see it why it won Best Picture. I didn't see Jarhead getting awards poured over it, and that was basically the same film but better.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

The Hurt Locker Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hurt Locker   The Hurt Locker Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 7:37 pm

And Inglorious didn't win because Tarantino ruined his own film with random unnecessary genre twattery. Seriously, take out the sudden needless voice overs by Sam Jackson and the ridiculous introduction of that german general guy and it would be sooo much better.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

The Hurt Locker Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hurt Locker   The Hurt Locker Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 7:38 pm

Kaio wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:

You're right. It won all awards in every award ceremony because the movie was made by a woman. It's also the reason why every movie made a black guy is instantly secured of Oscars when he makes a film.

i have no idea what else was nominated
so i was hardly being serious
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

The Hurt Locker Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hurt Locker   The Hurt Locker Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 9:31 pm

I'm watching it now. About an hour and a half in, and I'm bored. Oh there's another hour to go? Christ, can't I just fast forward to the end, see if there's a payoff?
Back to top Go down
Ace
one crazy fool
Ace

The Hurt Locker Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hurt Locker   The Hurt Locker Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 10:05 pm

It deserved to win. It was an amazing movie. It's based on real world issues dude. I'm sure you can respect a man who dissarms bombs every day knowing hes gonna die each time.

I don't even think you watched the movie. But I'm not here to defend the movie... much. As it is movie of the year for me.

Ah fuck it, you have to have been in he army to get it.
Back to top Go down
http://gantzplayers.proboards.com/
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

The Hurt Locker Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hurt Locker   The Hurt Locker Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 11:17 pm

Quote :
I'm sure you can respect a man who dissarms bombs every day knowing hes gonna die each time.

I can respect the man but I can't say an entire movie based around him would be very interesting cinema.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

The Hurt Locker Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hurt Locker   The Hurt Locker Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 2:41 am

"based on real issues" doesn't make it good. It was still stuffed with things so unreal they might as well have been from another world. It wasn't a bad film, but it was hardly realistic.
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

The Hurt Locker Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hurt Locker   The Hurt Locker Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 5:09 pm

I thought it was a bit dull. Also, I'm not in the forces, but I'm pretty sure if I were I'd have been laughing my tits off at that depiction of the Iraq war; the James character leading his bomb squad off to do an infantry squads job resulting in one of his own getting shot... and yet no negative comeback? Come off it, he'd have been court martialed inside a week. How about Sandborn being a crack sniper... didn't realise they trained for that in bomb squad. ?

That's just nit picking though. My biggest gripe would be how it was sold, insofar as being billed as an 'action movie', when it certainly wasn't. It felt more like an attempt to do a documentary, and while I can appreciate that it was certainly competently made and well acted, it just didn't entertain me. And hell, that's what I watch movies for, to be entertained.

Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

The Hurt Locker Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hurt Locker   The Hurt Locker Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 9:43 pm

The Basterds should've sweeped the Oscars.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Hurt Locker Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hurt Locker   The Hurt Locker Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Hurt Locker
Page 1 of 1