Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rogue Galaxy > Dark Chronicle/DC2

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

Rogue Galaxy > Dark Chronicle/DC2 Empty
PostSubject: Rogue Galaxy > Dark Chronicle/DC2   Rogue Galaxy > Dark Chronicle/DC2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 6:29 pm

Anyone who says otherwise are people who just like to get bored as hell for the sick fun of it(and that's saying something since RG is pretty boring too).
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Galaxy > Dark Chronicle/DC2   Rogue Galaxy > Dark Chronicle/DC2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 6:40 pm

Kingdom Hearts 2 > Kingdom Hearts 1 and anyone who says otherwise is just some loser who likes to spend days in a shitty platforming level with a terrible camera.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Galaxy > Dark Chronicle/DC2   Rogue Galaxy > Dark Chronicle/DC2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 6:43 pm

Kaio wrote:
Kingdom Hearts 2 > Kingdom Hearts 1 and anyone who says otherwise is just some loser who likes to spend days in a shitty platforming level with a terrible camera.

Yes.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Galaxy > Dark Chronicle/DC2   Rogue Galaxy > Dark Chronicle/DC2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 6:49 pm

TOTALLY BACKFIRED DIDN'T IT?
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Galaxy > Dark Chronicle/DC2   Rogue Galaxy > Dark Chronicle/DC2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 6:53 pm

Well DC2 ain't that bad. But it still is boring as hell. They should have added more story between the dungeons and not just their half way points, that's one of the major reasons why Rogue Galaxy is a bit more fun and enjoyable. As repetitive as its dungeons were, at least there's like 3/4 versions of floors(and most outside areas are all different in each area) in its ones as well as more story than DC2's *insert 1 half way story progress part with a sub boss or some other pivotal thing* with one dungeon design between each dungeon.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Galaxy > Dark Chronicle/DC2   Rogue Galaxy > Dark Chronicle/DC2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 6:55 pm

Kaio wrote:

Kingdom Hearts 1 > Kingdom Hearts 2 and anyone who says otherwise enjoys shitty plotholes, overdramatic scenes, and mashing X with the occasional triangle.

See how that works?
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Galaxy > Dark Chronicle/DC2   Rogue Galaxy > Dark Chronicle/DC2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 6:56 pm

Uh oh.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Galaxy > Dark Chronicle/DC2   Rogue Galaxy > Dark Chronicle/DC2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 6:57 pm

UH-HUH, I WENT THERE
Back to top Go down
Kaio
Internet Celebrity
Kaio

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Galaxy > Dark Chronicle/DC2   Rogue Galaxy > Dark Chronicle/DC2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 6:59 pm

Random shitty character wrote:

I knew you liked KH2 better.

Sir Henry Motherfucker wrote:
Kaio wrote:

Kingdom Hearts 1 > Kingdom Hearts 2 and anyone who says otherwise enjoys shitty plotholes, overdramatic scenes, and mashing X with the occasional triangle.

See how that works?

At least I can see what's going on on-screen.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Galaxy > Dark Chronicle/DC2   Rogue Galaxy > Dark Chronicle/DC2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 7:01 pm

Kaio wrote:

I know I do. I mean I prefer KH1's whole plot and how everything wasn't so serious and stupid, yeah. But that doesn't mean it's automatically the superior game, as you said, it has a terrible camera and shitty platforming(although I liked Tarzan's stage tbh, the rest is just "eh"). KH2FM+ is probably the best KH game overall thus far(unless BBS is indeed better).
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Galaxy > Dark Chronicle/DC2   Rogue Galaxy > Dark Chronicle/DC2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 7:04 pm

Kaio wrote:

Sir Henry Motherfucker wrote:
Kaio wrote:

See how that works?

At least I can see what's going on on-screen.

At least my villains were fun.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Galaxy > Dark Chronicle/DC2   Rogue Galaxy > Dark Chronicle/DC2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 7:06 pm

They can't be fun because SE still butchered them even back then. There is no good villain except for Hades because somehow the script still managed to actually be good during his parts.

Everyone else is a fucking jobber.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Galaxy > Dark Chronicle/DC2   Rogue Galaxy > Dark Chronicle/DC2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 8:00 pm

Dark Chronicle was less boring than Rogue Galaxy. You had fishing and golf and the georama and inventing and photos and all that stuff, although I rarely bothered with the fishing. In Rogue Galaxy going through the dungeons was pretty much the whole game, apart from than insect thing.

Dark Chronicle's last dungeon was boring though, and it's georama was boring too. And it gave you a time limit to defeat the final boss. Still played through the game twice though, and it's still better than Rogue Galaxy.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Galaxy > Dark Chronicle/DC2   Rogue Galaxy > Dark Chronicle/DC2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 8:05 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
Dark Chronicle was less boring than Rogue Galaxy. You had fishing and golf and the georama and inventing and photos and all that stuff, although I rarely bothered with the fishing. In Rogue Galaxy going through the dungeons was pretty much the whole game, apart from than insect thing.

Dark Chronicle's last dungeon was boring though, and it's georama was boring too. And it gave you a time limit to defeat the final boss. Still played through the game twice though, and it's still better than Rogue Galaxy.

Rogue Galaxy and inventing things too with that workshop and such instead of gay photoshooting. Rogue Galaxy having way more likeable characters, being way more immerive and larger, having dungeons that actually change a bit as you go along with scenes to boot makes it THAT much better.

In DC you had to survive too dealing with hunger, thirst and all that junk. All I remember RG retaining from DC was just the weapon fixing and such. Weapon combining is also way more fun.

Rogue Galaxy >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> DC.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Galaxy > Dark Chronicle/DC2   Rogue Galaxy > Dark Chronicle/DC2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 8:07 pm

Oh, I forgot the factory. That was nice. Only Dark Cloud had the thirst thing as far as I remember. Dark Chronical didn't.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Galaxy > Dark Chronicle/DC2   Rogue Galaxy > Dark Chronicle/DC2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 8:08 pm

No DC had thirst, I'm not sure if it's like a meter from the first one, but there was some stupid thirst thing involved where you can't eat anything to heal yourself.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Galaxy > Dark Chronicle/DC2   Rogue Galaxy > Dark Chronicle/DC2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 8:11 pm

It might have had it as an attribute, like poison or something. But it wasn't like Dark Cloud's thirst system. In that game you just constantly got thirsty and had to keep drinking water when your thirst meter got low.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Galaxy > Dark Chronicle/DC2   Rogue Galaxy > Dark Chronicle/DC2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 8:11 pm

DC could have at least towns that had not extra strings attatched with dungeons and such. But every area was just some empty base for a god damn dungeon with no exploration value at all excluding Palm Brinks.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Galaxy > Dark Chronicle/DC2   Rogue Galaxy > Dark Chronicle/DC2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 8:12 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
It might have had it as an attribute, like poison or something. But it wasn't like Dark Cloud's thirst system. In that game you just constantly got thirsty and had to keep drinking water when your thirst meter got low.

Like I said, it stops you from healing up.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Galaxy > Dark Chronicle/DC2   Rogue Galaxy > Dark Chronicle/DC2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 8:15 pm

What's so great about wandering around towns? I preferred to just spend time building them, although the future thing annoyed me a bit. You go to the future and the town isn't built yet because you haven't built it in the past, but you're going to, so why isn't it there?

Rogue Galaxy just felt like the whole game was a grind for the best weapons, since there wasn't really anything else to do.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Galaxy > Dark Chronicle/DC2   Rogue Galaxy > Dark Chronicle/DC2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 8:20 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
What's so great about wandering around towns? I preferred to just spend time building them, although the future thing annoyed me a bit. You go to the future and the town isn't built yet because you haven't built it in the past, but you're going to, so why isn't it there?

Rogue Galaxy just felt like the whole game was a grind for the best weapons, since there wasn't really anything else to do.

I...I liked the towns. It's nice....It gave a break and was fun to continue with the story interacting with the characters and townspeople(because thankfully they didn't freaking make you jump RIGHT into the next dungeon half the time unlike DC).

Why don't we just call it a truce and admit that Dragon Quest VIII is Level 5's best game yet?
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Galaxy > Dark Chronicle/DC2   Rogue Galaxy > Dark Chronicle/DC2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 8:24 pm

Haven't played it.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Galaxy > Dark Chronicle/DC2   Rogue Galaxy > Dark Chronicle/DC2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 8:27 pm

You should. And you don't have to worry about it being a grindfest, people who say that are the ones who run every fight.

The only grinding you'll ever need to do is at the beginning to level 5 which takes like 10 minutes(not really needed but it's good to do). Everything else is piss easy sailing.

When I played the game, I overleveled since everytime I progressed, I searched for every chest, wanted monster and hidden item available without running once. =P

It's also your once chance to see Akira Toriyama style character models that look amazing for a ps2 game.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Galaxy > Dark Chronicle/DC2   Rogue Galaxy > Dark Chronicle/DC2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 8:36 pm

You better play it Moose, I'm not joking. I mean all of the cast is like British. It's perfect for you.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Galaxy > Dark Chronicle/DC2   Rogue Galaxy > Dark Chronicle/DC2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 8:43 pm

....RG > DC.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Galaxy > Dark Chronicle/DC2   Rogue Galaxy > Dark Chronicle/DC2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rogue Galaxy > Dark Chronicle/DC2
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next