Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Assassin's Creed Rogue

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

Assassin's Creed Rogue Empty
PostSubject: Assassin's Creed Rogue   Assassin's Creed Rogue Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2015 4:05 am

Damn I'm shocked I think this game has my favourite protagonist in the series. He seems to actually act like a normal person and given the circumstances up to this point the game paints a decent enough reason for the character to behave as he does.

BTW I've not played Black Flag, so I understand Edward might be considerably more badass then his son.
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
????
Butter Bomb

PostSubject: Re: Assassin's Creed Rogue   Assassin's Creed Rogue Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2015 5:28 am

You know, until you posted this, I didn't even know this game existed. I thought that was filled by Unity.

I don't care about the Assassin's Creed series much. Find them too boring and a plot convoluted only rival to MGS series.

Though I give Assassin's Creed credit for being a yearly game that changes some things around instead of being a rehash with different skin (I'm looking at you COD.) I can't judge Unity and Rogue, but Unity looks dumb (not counting the glitches that people call the seal deal. Yet the same people will defend Skyrim as the 2nd coming.)

I mean the pirates in AC4 could have been its own game. Ubisoft, make a pirates game. Just make sure you actually put effort into it unlike what you did with your hacking game.

But for a game called "Assassin's Creed" and not have one take place in Japan is kind of sad. I mean you have assassins in America and have them become pirates, but you won't simply do feudal japan and have a bad ass ninja assassin?
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

PostSubject: Re: Assassin's Creed Rogue   Assassin's Creed Rogue Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2015 12:03 pm

how come you got this one instead of black flag?
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Assassin's Creed Rogue   Assassin's Creed Rogue Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2015 6:25 pm

testtubebaby wrote:
how come you got this one instead of black flag?

Black Flag is multiplat, so I'm better off playing the PS4 version. I'll also add that I doubt I had any interest in the storyline for Black Flag at all, considering as I never cared for what any of the characters are doing in there own timeline. I certainly will play it as I heard the gameplay sounded great. The new enemy types are also pretty cool.

The story in Rogue has me intrigued:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
testtubebaby
Skypiea Priest
testtubebaby

PostSubject: Re: Assassin's Creed Rogue   Assassin's Creed Rogue Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2015 7:35 pm

Superbuu3 wrote:
I doubt I had any interest in the storyline for Black Flag at all

you are a pirate and you get to blow shit up with your fucking pirate ship, ill repeat that for dramatic effect.... you are a pirate and you get to blow shit up with your fucking pirate ship!! What story line was you on about?
Back to top Go down
Eevil-Psycho
Captain Spaulding
Eevil-Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Assassin's Creed Rogue   Assassin's Creed Rogue Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2015 10:00 pm

testtubebaby wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:

you are a pirate and you get to blow shit up with your fucking pirate ship, ill repeat that for dramatic effect.... you are a pirate and you get to blow shit up with your fucking pirate ship!!

don't forget the awesome sea shanties to go along with it
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Assassin's Creed Rogue   Assassin's Creed Rogue Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2015 2:12 am

testtubebaby wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:

you are a pirate and you get to blow shit up with your fucking pirate ship, ill repeat that for dramatic effect.... you are a pirate and you get to blow shit up with your fucking pirate ship!! What story line was you on about?

You can be a pirate in this to.  I also said gameplay looks great and that would be the pirate thing, by all means skip this game if you want to and jump straight to Unity.  Read the spoiler and tell me that doesn't sound more interesting then the general story of the game you mentioned and any other AC for that matter (I doubt there's anything in that i can't do in this).  AC3 also obviously completely dropped your standards for storyline, that game was boring as fuck and you can't pretend the only issues were because of glitchy gameplay.  The storyline was BS and made the game shit.  Even if you can do cool things in Black Flag, but it had the shitty story of AC3 you wouldn't have liked it as much, because being a angsty, whiny, conflicted twat like Connor would likely kill the mood of being a pirate.

Sea Shanties in this to and those were in AC 3 anyway.

Empirewild wrote:

But for a game called "Assassin's Creed" and not have one take place in Japan is kind of sad. I mean you have assassins in America and have them become pirates, but you won't simply do feudal japan and have a bad ass ninja assassin?

Not really you'd be a guy running around using a hidden blade in japan, they won't change the gameplay and you'll essentially just be doing exactly what you do in the current games and wear black.  Samurais would essentially be pissed on as though they would've kicked the living shit out of the average ninja head on, being an AC game you'd be able to counter attack 100 of them in a row to make the whole game seem a bit shit.

Its almost the obvious answer, but I think for that reason to actually make a good game set in Japan would be pretty damn hard.  I think Unity's setting was a good one, they were just running through the inevitable glitches when they try and be ambitious (basically the same as AC3, although gameplay wasn't the biggest issue with that game it was just freaking boring).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Assassin's Creed Rogue   Assassin's Creed Rogue Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Assassin's Creed Rogue
Page 1 of 1