Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I just rewatched both Batman Begins and The Dark Knight.

Go down 
+4
SimianWonder
Neo
Baal
Talking Sock
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

I just rewatched both Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. Empty
PostSubject: I just rewatched both Batman Begins and The Dark Knight.   I just rewatched both Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 3:35 am

Man I forgot how amazing those two films are. Considering they're two-in-a-row above average films, I really have faith in the next film. They really are true gems that can blow your mind away no matter how many times you watch them. It's hard for me to even say which one is better than the other, they're both on the same level of greatness in my opinion. It's funny that when you watch both films in a row, you realize how the Joker is practically proving the League of Shadows' point about society being broken, except he goes one step further and shows how to destroy them by taking down the few people the people hang on to by a thread to keep their sanity.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: I just rewatched both Batman Begins and The Dark Knight.   I just rewatched both Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 3:40 am

And then it turns out people are good and Joker loses his fucking mind over the exact thing he criticized other people for.

God, I love his utter break down when he finally gets what's coming to him.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: I just rewatched both Batman Begins and The Dark Knight.   I just rewatched both Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 3:45 am

And even then he didn't really lose it at that moment. I was really expecting him to get pissy right off the bat(pun intended) but what we get is "You can't rely on anyone these days. You got to do everything yourself, DON'T we?"
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: I just rewatched both Batman Begins and The Dark Knight.   I just rewatched both Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 3:53 am

It's subtle rage. He didn't have to yell to show how furious he was.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: I just rewatched both Batman Begins and The Dark Knight.   I just rewatched both Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 4:04 am

Baal wrote:
It's subtle rage. He didn't have to yell to show how furious he was.

It's the fact he kept his cool on the outside. Obviously he's agitated, no one's denying that, it's the fact he didn't go beserk over it like any other slime would, that unexpected event didn't really stop him. He was more left open when he started yapping away after that line.
Back to top Go down
Baal
Shut Up and Jam
Baal

PostSubject: Re: I just rewatched both Batman Begins and The Dark Knight.   I just rewatched both Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 4:05 am

Ehhh, Two-Face was better anyways.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: I just rewatched both Batman Begins and The Dark Knight.   I just rewatched both Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 4:18 am

Clearly. And screw the people who say he lacked screen time. He's Harvey Dent all the way through, just because he becomes "that villain" doesn't mean "that villain" had a lack of screen time. Anything done more with what was done would've have ruined him.

Similar to Venom in SM3, people talk about how he lacks screen time. That is actually true, but not because he lacked it as "Venom", it's the fact Eddie Brock is barely in the picture at all. To give credit where it deserves though, at least everything regarding his revenge fitted in nicely. But still, there should have been more, a lot more. They should have either ditched Sandman or ditched Venom, one had to go. I feel sorry for Raimi, of course SM3 was doomed to be average(at best), he likes intellegent and respectable villains who as a regular human citizen, wouldn't have flaws through the eyes of the people who respected them.
Back to top Go down
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

PostSubject: Re: I just rewatched both Batman Begins and The Dark Knight.   I just rewatched both Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 4:21 am

Ra's Al Ghul has to come back for the sequel. The whole point of his character is that he somehow always survives. Even though they removed the supernatural element of that in Batman Begins...
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: I just rewatched both Batman Begins and The Dark Knight.   I just rewatched both Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 11:27 pm

I preferred Begins, I felt TDK was good, but a touch overrated. Aaron Eckhart was great as well, even though Ledger took all the plaudits.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: I just rewatched both Batman Begins and The Dark Knight.   I just rewatched both Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 11:37 pm

I feel TDK deserves the praise it gets. I mean if EVERYTHING good has to be overrated, then who cares. I mean for once has there been a really good film without someone saying "It's overrated"? It just has a large mass of people love and enjoyed the film, all really good films have that, the only time it was glorified was during release but that happens during all first time reactions, that's not overratedness, that's just being in and enjoying the time of the theatrical release.

Everyone talking about it and discussing how great the film was obviously would happen, that's critical reaction. Something legimately overrated is shit like Twilight series where it's popular and widely praised by teenage girls yet they're actually bad books/films or District 9 which was stupid as hell.

Last edited by Sora on Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: I just rewatched both Batman Begins and The Dark Knight.   I just rewatched both Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 11:38 pm

Suffice to say I felt it was rather underwhelming.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: I just rewatched both Batman Begins and The Dark Knight.   I just rewatched both Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 11:52 pm

Speaking of overratedness, I'm surprised that even I didn't see that much glorifying of the film as I expected, I saw countless "That was great!" type comments and a lot of positive reactions but nothing stupid as hell like "THIS IS THE BEST MOVIE EVER, EVERYTHING ELSE IS SHIT!". The only thing close to that was myself just for the sake of pissing Baal off for shits and giggles.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: I just rewatched both Batman Begins and The Dark Knight.   I just rewatched both Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 12:23 am

i prefer TDK

in bb all the twists were very obvious, i never suspected half the shit that happened in TDK to ahappen
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
Haseoviawesome
Should of learned English
Haseoviawesome

PostSubject: Re: I just rewatched both Batman Begins and The Dark Knight.   I just rewatched both Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 2:22 am

Eddie had 3 shots without the venom costume.
The break in scene at the bank.
Where Peter reveals thats he's a fake.
And at the church just before he became Venom.
each were only 5 minutes, after that was just the fight.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: I just rewatched both Batman Begins and The Dark Knight.   I just rewatched both Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 2:48 am

Terror of Death wrote:
Eddie had 3 shots without the venom costume.
The break in scene at the bank.
Where Peter reveals thats he's a fake.
And at the church just before he became Venom.
each were only 5 minutes, after that was just the fight.

Hella wrong on some parts. He also had a scene with Spidey after Gwen was saved and after that was his meeting with J.J. Most of these scenes were more like 1 to 3 minutes, especially the black suit run in at the bank which was only a few seconds as well as the "OMG MY LIFE IS RUINED, BAAAW" split second shot of him watching Peter take out Gwen to that club.

Basically it was annoying, Topher was just brought in over and over to skip in and out and do barely anything excluding his pivotal moments.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I just rewatched both Batman Begins and The Dark Knight.   I just rewatched both Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 4:35 am

I never watched either the BB or TDK. I never had any interest in Batman or comic book movies.

I've only seen Spiderman and Ironman out of nostalgia, I basically know nothing about them (besides their powers).

I also care nothing about movies as a whole. I either like them and never talk about it again (because I find discussing movies to be boring) or hate them because they don't appeal to me and end up not watching them.

tl;dr: Maybe I should check it out even though I hate Batman as a superhero. Being 'deep' isn't something I enjoy, I leave thinking for school and other boring shit. Some of this is rambling, I dunno why I decided to type this out.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: I just rewatched both Batman Begins and The Dark Knight.   I just rewatched both Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 4:43 am

they're worth watching there not good superhero films

there just great films that happen to have a superhero theme
and it has a decent origin story you don't need to know a thing about batman
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: I just rewatched both Batman Begins and The Dark Knight.   I just rewatched both Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 6:18 am

Superbuu3 wrote:

Now don't pull crap out the ass, of course they're Superhero films. Superhero isn't a genre in film making(well technically it's a sub-genre but it's basically films that contain superheroes and are about superheroes). These movies are about the superhero Batman so yes, it's a superhero movie. The only difference between those two and most Superhero films is the fact they have 0% cheese or campy-ness.

And don't worry Verg, they're certainly deep yes but that has nothing to do with you needing to think hard, they're just like any other film, made purely for entertainment so don't worry yourself. If you enjoy them, cool, if you don't, ah well.
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: I just rewatched both Batman Begins and The Dark Knight.   I just rewatched both Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 6:56 am

Yeah, what Sora said.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: I just rewatched both Batman Begins and The Dark Knight.   I just rewatched both Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 7:07 am

Aaron Eckhart as Twoface had the best scene in TDK, which was the final showdown. That was the most compelling moment in the film. Better than the interrogation scene.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: I just rewatched both Batman Begins and The Dark Knight.   I just rewatched both Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 7:17 am

"It's not about what I want, IT'S ABOUT WHAT'S FAAAAAAAAAAIR!"

Oh and it gave birth to that hilarious fuck up and constantly quoted post on gfaqs' movie boards:

Now, there are basically four people in the building. Batman, Two-Face, Gordon, and his family -Silvanus350
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: I just rewatched both Batman Begins and The Dark Knight.   I just rewatched both Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 12:20 am

Sora wrote:
Superbuu3 wrote:

Now don't pull crap out the ass, of course they're Superhero films. Superhero isn't a genre in film making(well technically it's a sub-genre but it's basically films that contain superheroes and are about superheroes). These movies are about the superhero Batman so yes, it's a superhero movie. The only difference between those two and most Superhero films is the fact they have 0% cheese or campy-ness.

And don't worry Verg, they're certainly deep yes but that has nothing to do with you needing to think hard, they're just like any other film, made purely for entertainment so don't worry yourself. If you enjoy them, cool, if you don't, ah well.

I meant there good films as opposed to justbeing good within the genre
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: I just rewatched both Batman Begins and The Dark Knight.   I just rewatched both Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 1:06 am

Well it's not like the majority of superhero films are bad. =P
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I just rewatched both Batman Begins and The Dark Knight.   I just rewatched both Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I just rewatched both Batman Begins and The Dark Knight.
Page 1 of 1