Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Resident Evil 5 gold

Go down 
+7
Dr. Chocolate
Maskull
Rockstar_Sinistar
brandon
Haseoviawesome
Golden Boy
Superbuu3
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
brandon
Basement Butterfly

Resident Evil 5 gold - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 gold   Resident Evil 5 gold - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 1:38 am

Chuck Bass wrote:
I liked LiN. It was rather short (around 30 minutes) and the puzzles were a joke, but in general it's pretty good, especially the mansion part with the fixed camera angles and the classic way of opening the doors. I actually enjoyed it more than the main game's chapters (reviewers apparently did too).

I also played two games of the new Mercs mode and it really is an improvement. I've only tried Chris Warrior and he seems fairly decent. Also, Excella's equipment looks weak and Barry's obviously the new Wesker Midnight.

co-op excella with sheva and excella is a fucking demon

her arm shot melee is one hit kill to any majini in range, also unlike the rest, i believe she uses her finisher on the executioner while others just use the combo melee
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 gold   Resident Evil 5 gold - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 1:40 am

mercenaries is much more challenging too

EF and SD are fucking crazy towards the end
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 gold   Resident Evil 5 gold - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 5:57 am

Superbuu3 wrote:
30 mins thats ridiculous considering you have to pay for that add on

it comes with MR characters too

i just played LinN on veteran and enjoyed it more.....should of done that from the start instead of normal.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 gold   Resident Evil 5 gold - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 8:24 am

I really liked LiN. It was atmospheric (especially with the Easter Egg camera) and the Guardians of Insanity were sneaky bastards - snuck up on me twice and got me with the insta-kill grab while Jill was too far away. The first time you encounter one on the stairs I nearly shat myself.

It's a shame that I then realized they can't kill you if your partner's around - they always go for the grab and never swing their anchor if you're close.

The Wesker fight was fun - it was obvious it was going to be a timed fight like the seven minute boss battle in 5-3. Still, he's definitely harder in the DLC than in his actual battles - considering his attacks stun you for ages if you get slammed into a wall and - I swear - some of QTEs windows are impossible to hit unless you guess beforehand (specifically, the one where he knocks you down, steps on your chest and pulls out his gun. Each of those actions have a QTE, the final two are easy to avoid, but the first one is literally impossible unless you get lucky and tapped the right button before it was displayed.)
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 gold   Resident Evil 5 gold - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 2:32 pm

Rebecca looks pretty beastly in this vid. Also, I played with Excella and she is good too. Her handgun is powerful, but not so useful against Majinis; unless of course you can fire only one bullet consistently. Her Grenade Launcher is very useful as well. Her melee moves though are kinda sluggish except for the Heel Kick after a headshot and, when paired with the other girls, the Cross Slap after an armshot.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 gold   Resident Evil 5 gold - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 8:18 pm

Excella is a beast; a single handgun bullet makes all her melee's instant kills (except her "combo" melee - but why would you use that?) and her grenade launcher is great for random plagas. Too bad her boss killer is the AK, which I've always had trouble with. I usually end up using random grenade launcher ammo to deal with bosses.

But she pales in comparison to Barry - his headbutt is absolutely insane. It negates any chance of a plagas and his magnum is a fantastic boss killer. He doesn't need the Dragonov. Plus Miranda Rights is the funniest thing ever, for both its name and its attack.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 gold   Resident Evil 5 gold - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 8:55 pm

I think Excella is as good as him because Barry's Headbutt hits only one enemy at the time. On the other hand, Excella's Heel Kick is faster and can hit multiples enemies whom you can finish off with her stomp move.
By the way, why are you using her AK on bosses? The handgun and the Disco Girl move can kill them very fast.

Anyway, Rebecca is probably better than both of them though. Her fire spray move has the best range and I think it's an OHK for every normal enemy caught in the fire.

Oh, and do you happen to know how to score 150,000+ points in LiN?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 gold   Resident Evil 5 gold - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 1:09 am

Chuck Bass wrote:
Oh, and do you happen to know how to score 150,000+ points in LiN?

No. We can try to together if you want.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 gold   Resident Evil 5 gold - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 10:23 am

Sure. I haven't figured yet how to get such a score though.

Time doesn't matter that much; I finished it in 20 minutes and got 40,000 pts., while with a time of 40 minutes I got 30,000.

Each of the optional monsters gives totally 5,000 pts on Professional, so we have to kill as many as we can and fast. Of course we have to get lucky in the mansion part and find good weapons. Fighting the monsters will increase our accuracy rating as well. (there are 7 optional monsters btw)

In addition to the points of the monsters, Wesker gives 6,000 and all the score stars give a total of 18,000 points.

The hardest part will be not getting damaged. Getting grabbed by the monsters or stunned by their green liquid when they are damaged hurts a lot on Professional. Wesker's impossible QTEs also take a lot of health, so we'd restart if we get hit too much.

Finally, I noticed that shooting Wesker a moment before he does a normal attack stuns him giving a melee opportunity.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 gold   Resident Evil 5 gold - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 7:26 pm

We'll also need to shoot all 18 score stars.

Is there any particular reason why 150k is your target?
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 gold   Resident Evil 5 gold - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 9:20 pm

No, I was just wondering how is it possible to get 150,000-160,000 points.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 gold   Resident Evil 5 gold - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 9:28 pm

We should copy these guys: (it's where I got the Guardian Strategy)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tymWqJaY1_Y
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 gold   Resident Evil 5 gold - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 10:25 pm

Did they really reacted fast enough to avoid all of Wesker's attacks...

Ok, I'll copy the Jill, you copy Chris and handle the restarting part. Also, as I thought, we only get 4,000 points in the sewer area if we kill two guardians at once. For Wesker, they use what I had in mind; let's synchronize our melee attacks too, then walk backwards a bit and you shoot him while he's doing the kick (if we both shoot him he'll evade the 2nd bullet) and we melee him once more. Repeat twice and he's dead.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 gold   Resident Evil 5 gold - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 2:03 am

you guys don't lag when you play with eachother?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 gold   Resident Evil 5 gold - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 3:31 am

Sometimes.

Occasionally, I see Chou get hit but don't see him react or take damage.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 gold   Resident Evil 5 gold - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 3:34 am

last time i played online i lagged horribly. we both used ethernet cables too if that makes a difference. both in the same country too.

you two don't live in the same country, do you?
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 gold   Resident Evil 5 gold - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 3:46 am

i won't be playing this till march 12th
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 gold   Resident Evil 5 gold - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 3:47 am

i wonder if my friend will even bother with this
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 gold   Resident Evil 5 gold - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 4:51 am

Reaper_Huggy wrote:
last time i played online i lagged horribly. we both used ethernet cables too if that makes a difference. both in the same country too.

you two don't live in the same country, do you?

I live in Canada, Chou's in Greece.
Back to top Go down
Golden Boy
Style Icon
Golden Boy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 gold   Resident Evil 5 gold - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 5:26 pm

Now that I remembered this, why did you've me play the whole Moonlight Sonata instead of shooting the red button?
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 gold   Resident Evil 5 gold - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 10:17 pm

man my connection must be shitty.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 gold   Resident Evil 5 gold - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 1:19 am

Chuck Bass wrote:
Now that I remembered this, why did you've me play the whole Moonlight Sonata instead of shooting the red button?

Uh... you can shoot the red button? I did not know that.
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 gold   Resident Evil 5 gold - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 5:46 pm

downloading desperate escap fap

though i probably won't play till my bro come home
Back to top Go down
brandon
Basement Butterfly

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 gold   Resident Evil 5 gold - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 7:52 pm

DE was decent if not for all the majini coming after us i think it would have been shit
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chocolate
Spartan
Dr. Chocolate

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 gold   Resident Evil 5 gold - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 3:14 am

That bastard Wesker is really tough in "Lost in Nightmares"
I just got around to play it, sad to see all of the guns I collect before taking a handgun and some ammo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 5 gold   Resident Evil 5 gold - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil 5 gold
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next