Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

does this guy suck or is this meant to be hard?

Go down 
+2
Baal
Superbuu3
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

does this guy suck or is this meant to be hard? Empty
PostSubject: does this guy suck or is this meant to be hard?   does this guy suck or is this meant to be hard? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 1:43 am

Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: does this guy suck or is this meant to be hard?   does this guy suck or is this meant to be hard? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 3:15 pm

this has got some pretty good combos i dislike the stationary combos though
they look like move cycles
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net

PostSubject: Re: does this guy suck or is this meant to be hard?   does this guy suck or is this meant to be hard? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 3:21 pm

Those weren't really combos, he was just style changing.

Or maybe they were combos, Iunno. I didn't watch the whole thing. It's a decent example though.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: does this guy suck or is this meant to be hard?   does this guy suck or is this meant to be hard? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 3:24 pm

Your Bro wrote:
Those weren't really combos, he was just style changing.

Or maybe they were combos, Iunno. I didn't watch the whole thing. It's a decent example though.

i think eapon changing and syle changing are a large part of the combo system
as theres only one sword manouvre button unless your in swordmaster
its why i'm not the biggest fan

the combo system reminds me of shinobi where you have to add in forward or backward mid combo
but in shinobi you one hit killed if you powered sword up sufficiently so it never bothered me in that
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: does this guy suck or is this meant to be hard?   does this guy suck or is this meant to be hard? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 3:29 pm

The thing that bothers me about combos in DMC is how slowly the character moves while performing them. It doesn't seem natural to me, I dunno. Maybe if they sped up the animations it'd flow better.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: does this guy suck or is this meant to be hard?   does this guy suck or is this meant to be hard? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 3:39 pm

i've never been a fan of how you had to rely on the stinger and the back triangle move to elongate combos

i mean a combo in this is more based on how long you can keep the style bar up, which means spam dodge/shoot continually walking towards something/stinger
i just think theres room for more branching combos then just using all of 4 predetermined combos, then having to use 3/4 mixers or changing weapon

but thats why i'd describe this as a hack and slash with style rather then an all out beat em up
Back to top Go down
Haseoviawesome
Should of learned English
Haseoviawesome

PostSubject: Re: does this guy suck or is this meant to be hard?   does this guy suck or is this meant to be hard? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 4:02 pm

Skip wrote:
Baal wrote:
Tobi's seen me play the game and my fucking perfect scores on DMD Mode , HE CAN VOUCH FOR MA SKILLS.
Maybe he could.

...But would he!