Raziel's Domain
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Raziel's Domain

A chilled out forum where basically anything goes

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Prototype first impressions

Go down 
+6
Haseoviawesome
Neo
Baal
Kaio
Skip
Superbuu3
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Neo
CP9 Agent
Neo

Prototype first impressions - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prototype first impressions   Prototype first impressions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 7:02 am

Never said this game was bad, just that it's not as world breakingly awesome as you made out.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Prototype first impressions   Prototype first impressions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 7:05 am

to each their own opinion

i just don't get how ppl can say this game is crap they must be retarded
Back to top Go down
https://razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Prototype first impressions   Prototype first impressions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 6:33 pm

I thought Hulk UD was a bit better in terms of gameplay. More variety in the enemies (Prototype only has 4 enemy types really. Tanks, choppers, hunters, and big hunters) and in the moves you can pull off (minus the claws and stuff), and it's all generally useful. Mercers human scale attacks (like the powerbomb) are completely pointless because you don't fight any human scale enemies that can't be taken out with a simple punch, and they don't work on the Hunters. Plus I would have liked the ability to destroy choppers and stuff after leaping onto them, instead of having no choice but to hijack them or get off.

But yes, in terms of actually feeling like an invincible fucking badass, the game definitely pulls it off well. Running down a bust road leaping traffic, picking up cars from beneath as you somersault over them and tossing them down the road into oncoming cars and bolting through the ensuing explosion never got old. Or jacking a helicopter and flying as high as you could just to leap out and bullet dive straight to the ground.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Prototype first impressions   Prototype first impressions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 5:47 am

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
I thought Hulk UD was a bit better in terms of gameplay. More variety in the enemies (Prototype only has 4 enemy types really. Tanks, choppers, hunters, and big hunters) and in the moves you can pull off (minus the claws and stuff), and it's all generally useful. Mercers human scale attacks (like the powerbomb) are completely pointless because you don't fight any human scale enemies that can't be taken out with a simple punch, and they don't work on the Hunters. Plus I would have liked the ability to destroy choppers and stuff after leaping onto them, instead of having no choice but to hijack them or get off.

But yes, in terms of actually feeling like an invincible fucking badass, the game definitely pulls it off well. Running down a bust road leaping traffic, picking up cars from beneath as you somersault over them and tossing them down the road into oncoming cars and bolting through the ensuing explosion never got old. Or jacking a helicopter and flying as high as you could just to leap out and bullet dive straight to the ground.
i'll admit in terms of enemies hulk ud was better just because the fuck off sized robots were more fun to fight then anything in prototype
thing thats great about prototypes movelist over hulks is the fact you can switch the weapons to suit your playstyle generally i play with powers off though ironically and use the hammer fists (probably going to change to the blade right now) against big infected. I also just like disguising as a soldier shooting the shit out of stuff devouring another and running off with his gun

two moves i absolutely loved in hulk ud that they don't have are the chopper hijack and the one where hulk grabbed a tank by the barrel of its turret
but those are fairly minor gripes considering i one shot choppers in normal mode so no real need for that move
i'm stil hoping the tank one shows up but i doubt it will be in
i can imagine you probably get way too overpowered to fight normal soldiers later but i refuse to use the whipfist at all cause its not a very fun way to fight and i can see thingws getting dull if i bothered to power it up
Back to top Go down
SimianWonder
Simian D. Wonder
SimianWonder

PostSubject: Re: Prototype first impressions   Prototype first impressions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 3:58 pm

Whipfist is best suited for large groups of infected or for hijacking choppers. Prototype is awesome.
Back to top Go down
Talking Sock
Big Daddy Boss
Talking Sock

PostSubject: Re: Prototype first impressions   Prototype first impressions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 4:13 pm

Running around so fast that it causes people to get whacked the fuck away never gets old.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Prototype first impressions   Prototype first impressions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 3:13 am

i hardly ever use the defense powers but there awesome as well

and the patsy thing is hilarious but as yet military threats are fairly pathetic so i haven't needed to really use it

i think this will be the first game i'm gonna go for a platinum trophy on
Back to top Go down
Maskull
Defending the Devil
Maskull

PostSubject: Re: Prototype first impressions   Prototype first impressions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 8:17 am

i just sorta walk into their base and systematically eat EVERYONE in the building without ever once raising suspicion. it makes me RAAAAAAAGE and lol at how stupid the people are at the same time
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Prototype first impressions   Prototype first impressions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 1:46 pm

Tobinator wrote:
i just sorta walk into their base and systematically eat EVERYONE in the building without ever once raising suspicion. it makes me RAAAAAAAGE and lol at how stupid the people are at the same time

well the only way to do that is if you go for the guy right at the back and eat every guy at the back

some situations you can't do that i.e. if two are facing each other so you have to lure them
either way you are bing stealthy even if you don't feel like you're being stealthy

i genherally only eat the ppl i need to
Back to top Go down
Skip
Australianus
Skip

PostSubject: Re: Prototype first impressions   Prototype first impressions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 11:49 am

Well I ended up taking your advice and buying it, mainly because I saw it for half price. Anyway, haven't played much so far, but I'm enjopying it heaps. I'm up to the mission where you have to blow the hive up with the tank.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Prototype first impressions   Prototype first impressions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 1:03 pm

I have a working Xbox again now, and this is the first thing I'm going to play.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Prototype first impressions   Prototype first impressions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 1:22 pm

My God I love this game.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Prototype first impressions   Prototype first impressions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 3:03 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
My God I love this game.
do i have to get all golds before i get platinums?

some of the events are kinda hard
i still haven't finished the main story i've been distracted by NGS2 and oblivion
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Prototype first impressions   Prototype first impressions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 3:39 pm

Yeah, you have to get Gold in everything before you unlock Platinum events. But on the plus side, any events you've already beaten the platinum score on will automatically become platinum when you unlock. So you could just look the platinum scores up online and try to beat them anyway.

But it's best to get all the upgrades and stuff before tackling platinum.
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Prototype first impressions   Prototype first impressions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 6:27 am

I forgot how annoying the targeting system can be.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Prototype first impressions   Prototype first impressions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 9:03 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
I forgot how annoying the targeting system can be.

well it says it cycles through biggest threats but it just seems temperamental
Back to top Go down
A_Nonny_Moose
Live Free or Don't
A_Nonny_Moose

PostSubject: Re: Prototype first impressions   Prototype first impressions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 9:04 pm

In combat it's fine, it's just when nothing's going on that it's annoying, because it will target the police two blocks away rather than the thing in front of you that you want to target.
Back to top Go down
Superbuu3
Raziel
Superbuu3

PostSubject: Re: Prototype first impressions   Prototype first impressions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 9:06 pm

A_Nonny_Moose wrote:
In combat it's fine, it's just when nothing's going on that it's annoying, because it will target the police two blocks away rather than the thing in front of you that you want to target.

i would say its not great in combat its just that you kinda will blow everything up eventually so you kinda just adapt to the situation

i just find targeting the helicopter i want to target anooying
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prototype first impressions   Prototype first impressions - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Prototype first impressions
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2